THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam At Training Camp

KentLife

Today:

On the field with his father meeting players and coaches watching practice.

306722_10151075100474684_896808035_n.jpg

Meeting Weeden.

391258_10151075102639684_230492561_n.jpg

With his father talking to Holmgren.

283625_10151075099424684_1265006984_n.jpg

Meeting Trent Richardson.

486550_10151075102294684_927841136_n.jpg

The new boss of the Browns

First time the Browns have had an owner that didn't look like a douchebag in my lifetime.

Did he swat Lerner's booster seat out of the way at the press conference?

Zombo

First time the Browns have had an owner that didn't look like a douchebag in my lifetime.

Did he swat Lerner's booster seat out of the way at the press conference?

Zombo

What year were you born? In my lifetime we have had Mickey McBride, David Jones, Art Modell, Al Lerner, Randy Lerner and now Haslam. I don't know that Al Lerner was such a dorky looking guy. Does anyone know what David Jones looked like? I had already posted a couple of Mickey McBride photos...he was definitely kinda dorky with his bow tie etc.

Here you go, the list of Pilot/Flying Js in Ohio:

http://www.pilotflyingj.com/complete-locations?filters=filter-state_OH%2C&per_page=0

Locally you have them in Avon, Richfield, Seville, Burbank, and Austintown.

Patronize them if you want to help Jimmy pay for the Browns.

I drive a truck and I frequent them all the time. Especially the Pilot on Rt 7, off the last exit on the turnpike near PA.

What year were you born? In my lifetime we have had Mickey McBride, David Jones, Art Modell, Al Lerner, Randy Lerner and now Haslam. I don't know that Al Lerner was such a dorky looking guy. Does anyone know what David Jones looked like? I had already posted a couple of Mickey McBride photos...he was definitely kinda dorky with his bow tie etc.

Only Modell and the Lerners in my lifetime. Al looked like he could handle himself, but all three were a little snively looking. Not like Truck Stop Jimmy Jam.

Zombo

Here you go, the list of Pilot/Flying Js in Ohio:

http://www.pilotflyingj.com/complete-locations?filters=filter-state_OH%2C&per_page=0

Locally you have them in Avon, Richfield, Seville, Burbank, and Austintown.

Patronize them if you want to help Jimmy pay for the Browns.

There's one in Fort Myers ... I did not know that. If the Browns win opening day, I will go out of my way gas up there on my way back from the airport.

Zombo

Hey....when I dress up, bow ties is my style.....what are you talking about....I wore them for years.

Just because you can't tie one doesn't mean they are dorky.

Only Modell and the Lerners in my lifetime. Al looked like he could handle himself, but all three were a little snively looking. Not like Truck Stop Jimmy Jam.

Zombo

He does have a strong jaw and some arms. Add in Tennessee blood and he could probably hold his own in a situation.....at least until his body guard Delbert took over the fight.

i'm telling you the guys is a spitting image of one of my DI's.he'd get in my face and spit on me while he was calling me a 'lynrd skynrd pot smoking hippie' and of course i couldn't keep a straight face and end up getting everyone around me to do 50 pushups, which of course doesn't garner you too many friends. i once got called into the CO's office at morning roll call and he was behind the desk shaking an envelope, which of course was addressed to me and asked me to open it up. well my dumb wife at the time had put a bunch of weed in the envelope. i guess she didn't understand that when i told her to roll it up in paper she took it as roll in up in the paper letter she had written.

i dumped it out on his desk, he took his ear plug canister from his front uni pocket unscrewed the cap and carefully swioped it in closing it and saying "this goes no farther than this room" which i gladly agreed to.

got KP for a week while he was at home probably in some type of recliner smokin some of the best red bud and watching the carol burnett show.

dude was aces.

i'm telling you the guys is a spitting image of one of my DI's.he'd get in my face and spit on me while he was calling me a 'lynrd skynrd pot smoking hippie' and of course i couldn't keep a straight face and end up getting everyone around me to do 50 pushups, which of course doesn't garner you too many friends. i once got called into the CO's office at morning roll call and he was behind the desk shaking an envelope, which of course was addressed to me and asked me to open it up. well my dumb wife at the time had put a bunch of weed in the envelope. i guess she didn't understand that when i told her to roll it up in paper she took it as roll in up in the paper letter she had written.

i dumped it out on his desk, he took his ear plug canister from his front uni pocket unscrewed the cap and carefully swioped it in closing it and saying "this goes no farther than this room" which i gladly agreed to.

got KP for a week while he was at home probably in some type of recliner smokin some of the best red bud and watching the carol burnett show.

dude was aces.

That's a pretty great story. Just sayin'

I'm liking Haslam so far...in fact, a lot. He's a successful business man. Just step into a Flying J and you see they are clearly different than all the gas stations/truck stops. They always have interesting merchandise. It's hard not to want to crack open your wallet. He stepped into an old business, boldly did it differently and got rich from it. I want bold changes that work for the Browns!

He's not just some rich bozo who's buying a team. He's put in some time to learn the business. 4 years as a minority owner of another team is a good resume. Minority owner experience + successfull businessman = great prospect for a new owner.

Can't wait to see what the future holds and am praying we have a winning season to slap in the faces of all the doom and gloom sports predictions broadcasters out there.

Go Jimmy!

I'm liking Haslam so far...in fact, a lot. He's a successful business man. Just step into a Flying J and you see they are clearly different than all the gas stations/truck stops. They always have interesting merchandise. It's hard not to want to crack open your wallet. He stepped into an old business, boldly did it differently and got rich from it. I want bold changes that work for the Browns!

He's not just some rich bozo who's buying a team. He's put in some time to learn the business. 4 years as a minority owner of another team is a good resume. Minority owner experience + successfull businessman = great prospect for a new owner.

Can't wait to see what the future holds and am praying we have a winning season to slap in the faces of all the doom and gloom sports predictions broadcasters out there.

Go Jimmy!

Yep. This is a business and the Browns bring in a lot of dough despite being a bottom feeder team for over a decade. If you can get them winning the money will be rolling in waves.

Gotta get the bandwagon fans and children to buy shit.

So, is he 1000% a Steeler fan.

No Cleveland ties. No loyalty to Cleveland.

This is an investment for him... Sell out the stadium and he will be fine with everything. "

I think he's way more than an owner. He was a Steeler fan because he owned a piece. He's the biggest Browns fan on the planet now. I like him a lot already. It's not just an investment to him.

This guy appears to possess everything that a successful nfl owner needs to have, i have grown to like JH3 in short order and am excited about the browns future and believe randy lerner done this team and the fans a huge favor by selling it to the haslams..

I like upfront hands on owners and have known for 12 years that this is what the club has desperately lacked with the lerners..

Jimmy is from Tennessee so he will never come up short on enforcing a solid work ethic and high expectations on those that work under him and he has the heart and desire to win..

Now the browns wil turn it around so hang on tight!

Things that we can expect though. Stadium rights (Fat Heads Stadium anyone?), raised ticket prices, possible uniform and logo changes. At least he was up front and honest about these things in the presser though and didn't pussy foot around the issue.

Well Fatheads are owned by Gilbert, so I would see Pilot Stadium as more of a realistic option. Just as long as they don't let some ridiculous company buy the naming rights. I mean the Raiders play at the "O.co Coliseum" and Arizona's stadium could have been named Pink Taco Stadium

I go to the one in Richfield quite often. A nice place, clean and friendly.

whatever happened to the richfield coliseum? saw many a great concert there.

Michael Jackson Bad Tour in the 90s? haha, but the Coliseum was torn down a while ago and the land is now a grassy meadow.

I always blamed the arena's poor location for flushing Cleveland's only NHL chance down the toilet. I'm sure there were other factors, but man would I love to be watching NHL at the Q.

Archived