THE BROWNS BOARD

Trubisky 1 - Browns and Garrett 0

Ghoolie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go watch the Chicago game and then watch the kizer portion of ours, Trubisky is light years ahead of Kizer. You can't teach accuracy. The kid has laze accuracy even while throwing on the run.

Not only that.. but Trubs ran a smoother huddle.. Looked like he knew what to orchestrate.. made adjustments and ran it .. Not to compare him.. but he reminded Me a bit of Aaron Rodgers out there.. Not ready to anoint him.. But he looked far better.., Kizer did some nice things.. But I'm not ready to bet the farm on him just yet...

Obviously, I need to post this again over in THIS thread.

what a load of bullhockey.

1. Trubisky was the most NFL ready qb in this draft. Gloating over the first exhibition? Not priceless.

2. I was/am a big Trubisky fan. Yes, he was really impressive. He seemed to be throwing mostly

short passes, often to wide open wr's. Like Victor Cruz. Of course Trubisky was going to do well.

3. However, he also had a few overthrows on longer passes, and two batted down.

4. Kizer had one? batted down, and a lot of pressure. Trubisky didn't have Cam at LT.

5. Kizer had some huge bigtime long downfield throws. Beautful, powerful, accurate way downfield throws.

https://youtu.be/5EQJnJqYVE4

6. I'm thinking all the wailing about us not drafting Khali Mack, and we get Garrett and Kizer?

Huge WIN.

7. If it's good to go on just the first exhibition game...then you have to figure this guy is going

to be a great qb.

Weeden completed 15 of 25 yards for 179 yards and a rushing touchdown.

Oh. That is Brandon Weeden. Go figure. He threw for more yards than Trubisky. :)

Then there is Deshaun Watson.

15/25 179 0 0 15

No touchdowns.

8. Let's see...Kizer's stats:

Recap »Box Score »

STATS CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT This Game 11 18 184 61.1 10.22 52 1 0 114.1

So... Kizer completes 11 of 18...a TD... 61.1 completion average, the longest was 52 yards.. for a qb rating of 114.1

9. Trubisky threw a high percentage for....166 yards. Kizer threw for 184.

10. So, Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury - I submit to you, that Kizer threw for MORE YARDS than Trubisky, Watson,

or even Weeden. On fewer attempts. It was WAY WISER TO HAVE PICKED KIZER and GARRET.

Your honor, the defense calls for a root beer recess. B)

Go watch the Chicago game and then watch the kizer portion of ours, Trubisky is light years ahead of Kizer.

I watched both and completely disagree.....

Trubs was dink dunk ....Kesslerish......only 1 pass over 20.......let's wait a lil longer than 1/2 game to crown him.....k?

Dreading hearing this Trubs whining for the next howmany? years........

Its possible he could be a good QB. I thought it was a gigantic reach

Both are true statements.....not sure how many thought Trubs would suck, but its probably a low number. Just as few felt certain he'd be great. He might. But it was a gamble to find out.

But trubisky will be that guy, and when Haslem realizes his front office fucked that one up, they are all toast.

Pretty sure the Browns(including Haslam) had LONG, long, long and in depth discussions about Trubisky and still opted for Garrett. Dont think Jimmy had any aspersions as to what Trubs "could" become....

And, if Garrett plays up to expectations, this wont even be a discussion in Berea.....lots of players play above expectation, so Trubs would be one of many who just did better than the Browns thought he would.....dont think they'll lose much sleep over it....

And if Kizer is good.....then the Browns killed it....Mitch who?

Ghoolie is sooo right on this.

Passed on wentz last year, have a prototypical franchise QB from the Cleveland area that wants to play for his home team and we sign someone who doesn't want to be in the brown and orange and can't get off the bench because of a stubbed toe.

Another regretful 1st pick by next year's car salesman of the year.

These guys can't pick anything except their asses.

I believe Ghoolie last year said Paxton Lynch was the second coming and that dude can't beat out Trevor Siemian. That said I liked Trubisky as the top QB coming out this year and wasn't high on Kizer but its one preseason game and both guys played against 2nd and 3rd teamers. They both have a ways to go as neither played many snaps under center or huddled up in college. Lets at least get through the entire preseason before we pronounce judgement on the QBs.

I believe Ghoolie last year said Paxton Lynch was the second coming and that dude can't beat out Trevor Siemian. That said I liked Trubisky as the top QB coming out this year and wasn't high on Kizer but its one preseason game and both guys played against 2nd and 3rd teamers. They both have a ways to go as neither played many snaps under center or huddled up in college. Lets at least get through the entire preseason before we pronounce judgement on the QBs.

I love logical posts. Ghoolie can throw shit at a wall (pick his fav QB every year) and if he's right every few years or so he's a god in his mind. Paxton Lynch lol.

Both are true statements.....not sure how many thought Trubs would suck, but its probably a low number. Just as few felt certain he'd be great. He might. But it was a gamble to find out.

Pretty sure the Browns(including Haslam) had LONG, long, long and in depth discussions about Trubisky and still opted for Garrett. Dont think Jimmy had any aspersions as to what Trubs "could" become....

And, if Garrett plays up to expectations, this wont even be a discussion in Berea.....lots of players play above expectation, so Trubs would be one of many who just did better than the Browns thought he would.....dont think they'll lose much sleep over it....

And if Kizer is good.....then the Browns killed it....Mitch who?

for the sake of us browns fans I hope we nailed both, I just fear that other teams will neutralize garrett and make him look like a wasted pick. Since we are both in the 440, would hope you would wish sucess for both TrubisKY and Kizer, but I sense that you look down on us mentorite's and wish for failure out of the 44060. By the way, most experts said this was a bad year for QB's yet all the top 4 performed rather well in their first time out.

No kidding, The Gipper would never make thousands of comments on things that won't be settled for 3 years.

:D

WSS

And then he will probably appeal anything he doesn't win and he'll tie you up for years!

(Hey just kidding Gipper, I used to golf with a bunch of lawyers, I trust them....well most of them, one I'm related to I'd have to count every stroke!)

Gipper is right an awful lot here on sports and other matters.

WTF is the 440

It's our area code.....Trubisky came up in Mentor, which is where Top Dawg lives, and about 5 miles from my house.....

. Since we are both in the 440, would hope you would wish sucess for both TrubisKY and Kizer, but I sense that you look down on us mentorite's and wish for failure out of the 44060. By the way, most experts said this was a bad year for QB's yet all the top 4 performed rather well in their first time out.

You sense I look down on people from Mentor??.....wtf does that even mean.....a completely ridiculous statement.....(completely)

I have no issue with Trubs doing well and wish him the best(which Ive said many, many times).....just because I think Garrett was the better risk, does not mean I hate Trubisky....(or people from Mentor)(sheesh)(possibly the dumbest thing Ive ever heard)

What I hate is the "told ya so" before anything has even been settled with either player....or the implication(this whole tread) that, based upon 1/2 of a practice game, it is clear the Browns made some huge mistake in passing on Trubs....

In a nutshell....you just implied that I have bias against Mentor and/or Trubs(for no reason), yet cannot see your own extreme bias for Trubs...(bias can be for or against and Im just seeing it on one side here)

It's our area code.....Trubisky came up in Mentor, which is where Top Dawg lives, and about 5 miles from my house.....

I was wondering about that too, I thought for a minute it was the redneck auto air conditioning you know 4 windows down at 40 mph. :huh:

Hey you post good stuff Mud even from Mentor.

Im thinking the real key to this is not to compare Garrett to Trubisky,,,,,but to compare Kizer to Trubisky

I disagree Mud, as we have to compare Trubisky to Garrett AND Kizer.... but Duhoolie is far too stupid to understand the reasons why and I sure as hell won't waste a second trying to teach the moron.

So we have a few knuckleheads more excited about Trubisky than Kizer even if we also landed Garrett, Peppers and Njoku before adding Kizer while Chicago traded away picks to get Mitch L.

Yep..... can't fix stupid.

So we have a few knuckleheads more excited about Trubisky than Kizer even if we also landed Garrett, Peppers and Njoku before adding Kizer while Chicago traded away picks to get Mitch L.

That's the big picture most everyone graded the BROWNS draft at B, A or A+ so we'll see how it plays out over time.

Oh yes we have 100 caveats. Still if trubisky is the real deal then our exchange would be Garrett for Trubisky. First pick for first pick. We exchanged other picks for the other players you mentioned. So we also need to Hope that the guys taken before them with our higher pics don't go to the Pro Bowl.

WSS

Oh yes we have 100 caveats. Still if trubisky is the real deal then our exchange would be Garrett for Trubisky. First pick for first pick

Ummm, nope.

Only on the Browns Board would we be discussing another teams' QB after his first pre-season game..... Guess those of you that think his pre-season action is any indication of his future success will absolutely LOVE this:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/08/browns_gamer_lions_vs_browns.html

You sense I look down on people from Mentor??.....wtf does that even mean.....a completely ridiculous statement.....(completely)

I have no issue with Trubs doing well and wish him the best(which Ive said many, many times).....just because I think Garrett was the better risk, does not mean I hate Trubisky....(or people from Mentor)(sheesh)(possibly the dumbest thing Ive ever heard)

What I hate is the "told ya so" before anything has even been settled with either player....or the implication(this whole tread) that, based upon 1/2 of a practice game, it is clear the Browns made some huge mistake in passing on Trubs....

In a nutshell....you just implied that I have bias against Mentor and/or Trubs(for no reason), yet cannot see your own extreme bias for Trubs...(bias can be for or against and Im just seeing it on one side here)

I just see Brady Quinn in Kizer, Courtney Brown in Garrett and a QB in Chicago that looks like he will be the one that got away. Teams will game plan for Garrett thus neutralizing him. Oh sure he'll get a sack here and there but the production will not out weigh passing on Trubisky.

So what do you mean by nope? We have the first pick. We can either have trubisky or Garrett with first pick.

C'mon man..... It's simple math, figure it out.

Didn't every single rookie qb look great? Watson, trubisky, Kizer, mahomes all had good stats.

One preseason game means jack shit

thats what I saw, but what I saw in Kizer was panic, take away 2 throws of 97 yards and whats left. Can't live by the bomb. I expect BO will continue to prepare to start the season. Kizer still has a long way to go as do the other 3 rookie QB's. I watched the Chicago game and I saw a rookie hit pin point pass after pass while standing in the pocket and while on the run on designed roll outs. Started the game 10 for 10 with a TD, our O can't complete 2 in a row. That is something that you can't teach and he will get even better at it. And I believe he also added 38 yrds on the ground.

If Trubisky was born and raised in San Diego, this board would be dead silent on him..... you guys with your "local kid" shit are something else.

Archived