THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Mangold released

jcam222

So....our biggest problem is now corrected by just waiting a few months and not doing anything else?....

hmmmmm, Im not convinced....

Want cheap insurance? Spend a 4th on Jon Toth.

Did I mention he hasn't allowed a sack in 33 games?!?!?! :)

I knew I'd heard that somewhere before...

I'm not sure- is the waiver wire active? If it is, we can put a claim on him. I suppose that's another small perk (if you want to call it that) we get first crack at all the teams cuts.

Or is Mangold essentially a UFA, and can sign with any team he wants to? BTW, being from SW Ohio I don't doubt he's a Bengals fan.

UFA... the off-season hurdle is slightly less than 11 accrued seasons... ;) (It's 4.)

During the season all releases are subject to waivers.

he hasn't allowed a sack in 33 straight games. If he doesn't fit the model change the model. Sometimes you need a piece outside the model to make the rest work well. This is a guy who might keep a QB who "fits the model" alive. He won't be on the couch very long at all unless he does have a career threatening injury.

Hey...these Harvard guys are smarter than everyone else...haven't you heard? They aren't going to change "their model" just because it makes sense.

n fact, they spent their first 7 picks on WR, Edge, Edge, OT, QB, OLB and WR....can you point to ONE of these positions that is NOT still a need?

Nope....and that is why Ive STARTED complaining....(this year)

Boy....this is something that I had not thought about. The only one that may not be a dire need is WR...simply because of the many WRs we got last year, plus having maybe Pryor on board.

Mud all year: no trade backs, draft BPA, if we trade back I will murder someone.

Nope....I advocate a short trade back at #1 and a trade up at #12.....have said it many times and you just miss the point(as always)

Browns pre-draft: *plan to draft Myles Garrett, consensus BPA*

Yep.....Id love to draft Garrett, no issues there......Id also take Allen or Reuben or Adams.....hence my willingness to trade back....

Mud: even though we tapped the top 2??? sackers last year

That was a specific reference for Flugel(Ie, an inside discussion that you know nothing about)......and a direct stab at our FO that just spent 2 high picks on edge and 4 picks on WR, yet we still need edge and WR help....

In fact, they spent their first 7 picks on WR, Edge, Edge, OT, QB, OLB and WR....can you point to ONE of these positions that is NOT still a need?

Nope....and that is why Ive STARTED complaining....(this year)

Always something to complain about.

With the performance of this FO.....you are correct....

Ive never EVER complained till this regime came in.....and Ive been a fan twice as long as youve been alive.....so to point to me as a "complainer", based upon my history of complaining for 2% of my years as a fan if very very short sighted...

If you'd like see true "continuous" complaining, bitching and whining, go read your post history....go read my posts over the last couple months,, then read yours.... and tell me who comes here to talk football and who comes here to argue....the answer is very very clear

You haven't complained about trade backs? That's not my recollection but I'll take your word for it.

We need neither edge nor WR help. If we take Garrett, it's because we couldn't get an acceptable trade offer and/or he's that much of an upgrade to our guys. That doesn't mean we need help there, that means we're taking BPA. I'd be perfectly happy going into this year with Orchard, Nassib, Ogbah, and Bryant at the edge. But if we take Myles, I'll be ok with that too.

Yes. WR, Edge, OT, and OLB are all not needs (maybe depth at OLB). Next question?

Your great record means nothing. You're a complainer now. I talk lots of football here. Yes, I also like to troll Gipper and Ghoolie and when people make pointless Eeyore-type posts I make fun of them too. I'm also engaged in ONE political thread just because it was started on this board. Aside from that, I never go to the politics board. So what you said is completely false. And the crux of the matter here is that you started this back and forth by complaining about my complaining. Because it's cool when you do it, but not anyone else.

Carry on.

Archived