THE BROWNS BOARD

The Rg3 Bidding War Has Begun

runyon27

This is a rumor being reported about what the skins are willing to offer, its a lot.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii

Teams sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin the Redskins are prepared to offer the Rams their top three 2012 picks and "at least" their 2013 first-round pick to move up to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

If true, it would be a positively Ricky Williams-ian haul for the Rams, who saw the value of their No. 2 pick increase even further on Sunday when Griffin was unofficially timed at a blazing 4.38 in the 40 at the Combine. Eskin's report comes two days after SI.com's Tony Pauline reported the Rams have engaged in "exploratory talks" with the Redskins about a swap.

---------------------

I don't know if the Brown's FO will be willing to match this, its alot. I would be on board for both our 1st and next yrs 2nd but Skins appear to believe he is a franchise QB. This of course is rumor at this point. Still 2 months until the draft.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a rumor being reported about what the skins are willing to offer, its a lot.

Teams sources tell NBC Philadelphia's Howard Eskin the Redskins are prepared to offer the Rams their top three 2012 picks and "at least" their 2013 first-round pick to move up to draft Baylor QB Robert Griffin III.

If true, it would be a positively Ricky Williams-ian haul for the Rams, who saw the value of their No. 2 pick increase even further on Sunday when Griffin was unofficially timed at a blazing 4.38 in the 40 at the Combine. Eskin's report comes two days after SI.com's Tony Pauline reported the Rams have engaged in "exploratory talks" with the Redskins about a swap.

---------------------

I don't know if the Brown's FO will be willing to match this, its alot. I would be on board for both our 1st and next yrs 2nd but Skins appear to believe he is a franchise QB. This of course is rumor at this point. Still 2 months until the draft.

no way RG3 is coming to CLE now.

If this is true then RG3 fans need to start saving up for a McCoy jersey.

Combine chit chat had us paying both 1st and our 2nd this year for the Ram's #2... :rolleyes:

It's all rumors, but more power to the 'Skins, if they pay it... Might open a path up for us to get the #6 with a nice Rnd 2 from the Rams for our #4.

Combine chit chat had us paying both 1st and our 2nd this year for the Ram's #2... :rolleyes:

It's all rumors, but more power to the 'Skins if they pay it... Might open a path up for us to get the #6 with a nice Rnd 2 from the Rams for our #4.

We can now have more pieces in place and if Colt stinks it up next year we'll just draft a QB next year. Also we could trade the farm for a QB since we would have enough pieces in place.

It's all rumors, but more power to the 'Skins, if they pay it... Might open a path up for us to get the #6 with a nice Rnd 2 from the Rams for our #4.

I dont think the Rams would trade back up, its possible of course since they could have currency to do that with but I think they are looking to acquire picks not trade them away.

We can now have more pieces in place and if Colt stinks it up next year we'll just draft a QB next year. Also we could trade the farm for a QB since we would have enough pieces in place.

exactly dude, there will always be 1st round QBs.

Its as easy as that, if Colt sucks next year, and I mean if he truly SUCKS, then boom we know what were doin in the 1st-2nd round. QB.

With a system in place, all we would need is an effective QB that makes the rest of the wheels turn.

I dont think the Rams would trade back up, its possible of course since they could have currency to do that with but I think they are looking to acquire picks not trade them away.

But St. Louis is going to want either Blackmon or Kalil. If they trade back with the Redskins, they would have to trade back up to our spot to get one of these two players. Since we won't even be able to be in the ball park for what the Redskins are offering, the Rams would actually get more picks by trading with the Redskins and then trading back up with us than they would just trading with us.

If we dont get RG3 fine. But if we go into next season with Colt starting, f@ck Holmgren. He becomes the worthless piece of sh@t Ive always thought he was.

If we dont get RG3 fine. But if we go into next season with Colt starting, f@ck Holmgren. He becomes the worthless piece of sh@t Ive always thought he was.

Jesus no other legit options and you still just want to get rid of Colt. All Flynn is will be a 15 million dollar mistake and no rookie QB other than Luck or RGIII would be able to come in and start. You might as well give the still fairly untested QB another season and see what happens.

Jesus no other legit options and you still just want to get rid of Colt. All Flynn is will be a 15 million dollar mistake and no rookie QB other than Luck or RGIII would be able to come in and start. You might as well give the still fairly untested QB another season and see what happens.

ONE MORE SEASON with colt, thats it. see what he's got with an actual NFL caliber offense first. if he sucks then, the browns have my permission to boot him.

---------------------

Exactly what I was afraid would happen. If we want Griffin, we're going to wind up paying an Andrew Luck price for him- and not even get Luck. :(

BTW, if the rumor is true, if you go by the draft value chart what the Redskins are offering, is not only more than enough to snag Griffin, it's more than enough to move up to #1 overall and take Luck.

Technically- to the Browns the Rams pick is worth both our first rounders, plus the high fourth.

#4 + #22 + 4th + 2013 2nd

Beats that Redskins offer and I fully expectation the Browns to offer this.

I don't think it beats their offer, but it's sure as hell as high as I'd go. As I said before, it depends on how much value the Rams put on Blackmon or Kalil. if they drop down to #6, they won't get either.

I mean...damn the Rams could have an actual dynasty if they hit on 60% of their picks.

A first, two high seconds, two high thirds, plus two first round picks next year. On second thought- if the Rams drop down to #6 they could easily offer the Browns one of the second round picks to move back up to #4. And if I'm Heckert- I take it.

Agree. hoorta... no way that bests the WSH rumor...

We'll roll with Colt for a year, than pick up Denard next year right?

That kinda talk will make even me a RGIII fan... :o

Fairly untested? What? How many games does he need? I would rather bring in Jason Campbell on a short term basis, than watch a completely lost QB eye his wr throughout the route and then throw an uncatchable pass. Anyone who thinks Colt is better than JC should be slapped.

A first, two high seconds, two high thirds, plus two first round picks next year. On second thought- if the Rams drop down to #6 they could easily offer the Browns one of the second round picks to move back up to #4. And if I'm Heckert- I take it.

This post makes no sense. Why would STL trade to #6 to give up a 2nd to move back up to #4 when they could hypothetically take the Browns offer of 4+ 22+ +4th + 2013 2nd?

Let's say the Skins are only willing to give up their #6 and #39 #70

That doesn't mean that we will get him if we give up our #4 #37 #68...nope because the rams may say...ok, unless you give up your #22 as well, we will give it to the skins even though they are offering us less.

the three bids we will put in for him will be

#4 #22 trade colt

#4 and next years #1 trade colt

#4 #37 next years 2nd rounder trade colt

anything else is absurd and I think H&H realizes that Colt deserves to be on a team that stands up for their players

I think Heckert and Holmgren will see that RG3 and nobody means 5 wins where Richardson, Floyd, Streeter, and Minnifield is 8 wins and road to superbowl in 2015

This post makes no sense. Why would STL trade to #6 to give up a 2nd to move back up to #4 when they could hypothetically take the Browns offer of 4+ 22+ +4th + 2013 2nd?

Why would the Rams prefer the Washington offer?

1) Because the Redskins offer is a 2013 first rounder, not a second

2) A high third round pick is worth more than a high fourth (double actually, if you'd bother to check the chart)

3) They still get Blackmon or Kalil trading back up.

What would H&H have to do (hypothetically) to beat the (hypothetical) Redskins offer? Both firsts, a third and next years first. Sorry about that.

Give up three premium picks for one player? RGIII had better be the next Elway at that price.

Funny only a couple months ago we could have gotten Luck with our #6 #22 and next years first and #2...instead we have to basically give up all of our draft picks from now till 2015 for hopes and dreams.

If RG3 didn't win the heisman all we would have to do was give the RAMS our #4 and #22 now it's just MADNESS

Man a lot can change between now and the draft. I wouldn't put much faith in rumors but even I got to admit 22,37 and possible next years 1st rounder is what it would take and that's a hell of a lot to pay.

AJ Green Anthony Costanzo and Jabaal Sheard last years 4,22,37 I'd trade them for Newton.

If you are like me and hoping we get RG3 you can just hope the Rams are turned off by going all the way down to 6.

Honestly we don't even know if H&H want RG3 to begin with it just doesn't seem like their style.

Archived