THE BROWNS BOARD

Places to eat at in Cleveland

KYBrowns

Hey Guys!

A group of my friends are coming up to the Browns/Bucs games this week. It's been a few years since I've been up to Cleveland and I was wondering what are some good restaurants/sports bars up there? Looking forward to the game! Go Browns!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of choices around West 6th/Warehouse District on game day (close to the stadium). Several bar & grill types, and also some nicer restaurants as well.

If you're coming up Friday or Saturday, there will be plenty of places around your hotel. Let us know where your staying and people can be more helpful.

What is your price point?

I don't want to call out pub food if you are looking for better, and don't want to point out top end places if you are looking for pub food.

Cleveland has both, and all are good, but you have to narrow the scope.

LOL! That's a good question Ballpeen. Starting off there will be 8 of us. Us guys will want a sports bar and I'm guessing the girls would want a nice, sit down type restaurant. I would bet there are bars up there that serve microbrews and such. I'm a big fan of Great Lakes.

I'd say there's tons of places you can't go wrong if you're just trying to go get some beers and wings. (Winking Lizard and Harry Buffalo nearby I think)

Otherwise,

If you want a casual sit down where you can still get some pretty good drinks, try Johnny Mango's - they have a pretty awesome pad thai (among other things). Better place to take the girls, in ohio city. (Ohio City may have more places you wanna check out, aside from great lakes)

If you wanna venture off a little bit (~20 minutes) one day you can check out fat heads. Incredible (and incredibly sized) food, great beer selections.

The melt - also great sandwiches and surprisingly they have a huge beer selection too.

Great lakes is good, and the food is good - but if I had a limited selection of places to go there's others I'd choose over it. (Unless they had christmas ale on tap, which it's too early for that I suspect)

Market Garden Brewery - if you like beer they have great seasonal stuff from all over the place.

Maybe on Monday you can try to catch slyman's for lunch before you leave, Their corned beef sandwiches are insane, and something most people would probably split or save for later. They always have a line, sometimes they're closed because the owner's away, and they only do lunch. But it is one of the staples of cleveland.

None of those places are fancy ^^^, if you want something fancy of course there's other options. Johnny Mango's is the only one that isn't really pub food, but assuming a casual weekend that's probably more of what you want - otherwise there's a couple seafood places, american style, italian, etc.

Some of those places (Great lakes, Slyman's, Melt, Fatheads) will keep you waiting for a bit on saturday.

If you do pick a top tier place, don't pick Pier W. It's overhyped, overpriced, and underwhelming. Better choices.

Mallorca (spanish) is good on 6th street. If you venture to university circle and want something upscale l'ablatros (french) is highly recommended. For Mexican venture to North Olmsted for Nuevo Acapulco on Lorain. The best Indian (in my opinion) is Cuisine of India in Parma. Tommy's (american) on Coventry remains my favorite Cleveland restaraunt. If you just want to go to a sports bar and get regular old bar food you won't have trouble finding a place downtown.

i always tend to go away from the trend so i do a lot of research just based on my likes and dislikes. you have a family so you have to (or would want to) stick to the well beaten path.

i found the best little take out thai food from a one room shack i believe in lakewood. i mean it was literally right outside of cleve but in a neighborhood that was kind of shady. but i'm one to say "who gives a F" i want the experience and no one is gonna stop me from it. the last time we went to sandusky we flew into cleve and rented a car and i literally just drove around going into neighborhood to neighborhood until we found something a little funky. wasn't the best or worst but you remember the event because of the hunt just to do something different.

a lot of good suggestions above, except if you're anything like me you might want to cab it to anything that has 'beer' attached to it.

"THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

Been to Melt several times- and if you want to try gourmet cheese stuff I'll give it a solid A. Mostly on quantity over quality.Nice beer list. Now if you want to take the "Melt Challenge" - it's totally revolting. I've seen more than a few try and fail. Try 3 POUNDS of cheese on a sextuple grilled Texas toast- with a mountain of fries and cole slaw on the side- not worth the $30 bucks for a free meal.

If you have a high $$ budget- Johnny's (either downtown or on Fulton) will get my nod. Maiorca has been recommended, but I've yet to eat there.

"THE MELT" was featured on DINNER,DRIVE-INS,AND DIVES. Never been to Cleveland, however one of these days I will make the pilgrimage from California. That place looked like it would be fun to try.

Melt is extremely hipstery but not that great really. If you want to wait an hour for a grilled cheese sandwich you could give it a try.

One word, Sokolowskis. My friends own it.

I wish I coulda tried one of their october clam bakes. Sounds awesome

Melt is extremely hipstery but not that great really. If you want to wait an hour for a grilled cheese sandwich you could give it a try.

It certainly may be overhyped for what it is, but it is good, and it is certainly more than a grilled cheese.

Hot Sauce Williams

l.jpg

MELT:

l.jpg

Angelos:

l.jpg

Happy Dog:

l.jpg

Town Hall

l.jpg

Nano Brew

l.jpg

that margherita pie with sliced tomatoes looks slammin.

everybody swears that the pizza in NY is the best and i call bullshit.

cameo's in sandusky hands down for me.

nice pics btw walt.

Angies in North Royalton, Antonios, Romeos all pretty good. Best ever. I don't know. I was usually pretty intoxicated when I ate.

HA! lol.

i said cameos cuz of my hometown loyalty AND it's the best place in sandusky to watch a browns game. but considering the size of the city there were plenty others i could mention. west side pizza best subs. tofts best ice cream. north side above the tracks....best weed.

Archived