THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 draft.

WalterWhite

I agree we need to develop another OLB but it can't be our first priority. O line has to be #1 even if we get Mack back next year. I mean we shouldn't over reach on anybody, if there's not a really good talent there than no. But even before OLB we need to draft ILB as well. We need to draft the future captain of our defense. Dansby isn't it.

I agree we need to develop another OLB but it can't be our first priority. O line has to be #1 even if we get Mack back next year. I mean we shouldn't over reach on anybody, if there's not a really good talent there than no. But even before OLB we need to draft ILB as well. We need to draft the future captain of our defense. Dansby isn't it.

Dansby's going nowhere, and with Kriksey playing well as a rookie, I doubt we look ILB next year.

OLB - with Mingo close to being called a bust, and Sheard a free agent, it could be a position of top priority, especially if we end up with a top 10 pick from either us or BUF.

I feel like we need a monster DL to disrupt and get to the backfield. Suh & Fairley are both FAs at the end of the year, someone in that mould.

A receiver, a tight end would be my guess as Gordon, Hawkins and Austin should be a good trio next season, but a WR wouldn't be a bad pick.

The OL looked good with Mack in there, but, remembering that Mack and the club have a choice to part ways at the end of next season, maybe taking a center isn't such a bad plan.

Nonsense aside, I'd like the Browns to take a serious run at Justin Houston in free agency. Young, healthy and one of the best at his position.

Only other OLB I can think of would be that kid from Clemson but he's barely 240. He, might like Mingo would have to be protected on early run downs but he's a much more natural pass rusher from that stand up spot.

Dansby's going nowhere, and with Kriksey playing well as a rookie, I doubt we look ILB next year.

OLB - with Mingo close to being called a bust, and Sheard a free agent, it could be a position of top priority, especially if we end up with a top 10 pick from either us or BUF.

I feel like we need a monster DL to disrupt and get to the backfield. Suh & Fairley are both FAs at the end of the year, someone in that mould.

A receiver, a tight end would be my guess as Gordon, Hawkins and Austin should be a good trio next season, but a WR wouldn't be a bad pick.

The OL looked good with Mack in there, but, remembering that Mack and the club have a choice to part ways at the end of next season, maybe taking a center isn't such a bad plan.

Dansby might not be going anywhere for awhile but that doesn't mean he's the answer we're looking for at ILB. At the end of the season we need to take a hard look at Kirksey to see if he's the potential starting ILB in a few years. I'm not so sure. He's not mean enough. Neither is Dansby. If there's an A list ILB prospect in the draft we have to take him if the top OL prospects are off the board.

try

And don't want Suh here. He's a lockeroom cancer. We don't need to draft DL. We need our current DL depth to be healthy. And remember that in a 3-4 the DL's main job is to eat up blockers, not be trying to get into the backfield on every play. Do that and they create running gaps

Dansby might not be going anywhere for awhile but that doesn't mean he's the answer we're looking for at ILB. At the end of the season we need to take a hard look at Kirksey to see if he's the potential starting ILB in a few years. I'm not so sure. He's not mean enough. Neither is Dansby. If there's an A list ILB prospect in the draft we have to take him if the top OL prospects are off the board.

It'd be lovely to have "A List" players at every position, but that's not how this business works. Dansby is very good, Kirsky seems good for a rookie and also the competition seems to be helping Robertson.

And don't want Suh here. He's a lockeroom cancer.

Not Suh. Someone with his disruptive ability. Haven't seen it from Taylor/Rubin - either through lack of ability, or lack of availability, neither has been a big factor for us.

We don't need to draft DL. We need our current DL depth to be healthy. And remember that in a 3-4 the DL's main job is to eat up blockers, not be trying to get into the backfield on every play. Do that and they create running gaps

Buffalo had 30+ sacks from their DL last year in Pettine's system, more than the LBs. I think it's fair to say he's expecting more from ours.

It'd be lovely to have "A List" players at every position, but that's not how this business works. Dansby is very good, Kirsky seems good for a rookie and also the competition seems to be helping Robertson.

Not Suh. Someone with his disruptive ability. Haven't seen it from Taylor/Rubin - either through lack of ability, or lack of availability, neither has been a big factor for us.

Buffalo had 30+ sacks from their DL last year in Pettine's system, more than the LBs. I think it's fair to say he's expecting more from ours.

1) Of course I know there might not be an A list prospect out there in every draft at every position...although I have a suspicion that there might be another Ray Lewis type out there who's coming out at the end of the season, we'll see. He's one of those guys, like Ray, that won't have monster college stats that necessitate a top 10 pick. He might be able to be had late in the 1st round or early 2nd.

2) That was more of a 4-3 in Buffalo. He did run a hybrid there but I thought I read when we first hired Pettine that he ran more base 43 looks which is why people were complaining about hiring a guy who might yet again change our defensive philosophy. Our guys were plenty disruptive last year cause Horton lined up in the gaps. We got away with it cause we had better LB'er play last year against the run. This year our guys cover a little better but they are utterly disastrous against stopping the run.

1) Of course I know there might not be an A list prospect out there in every draft at every position...although I have a suspicion that there might be another Ray Lewis type out there who's coming out at the end of the season, we'll see. He's one of those guys, like Ray, that won't have monster college stats that necessitate a top 10 pick. He might be able to be had late in the 1st round or early 2nd.

2) That was more of a 4-3 in Buffalo. He did run a hybrid there but I thought I read when we first hired Pettine that he ran more base 43 looks which is why people were complaining about hiring a guy who might yet again change our defensive philosophy. Our guys were plenty disruptive last year cause Horton lined up in the gaps. We got away with it cause we had better LB'er play last year against the run. This year our guys cover a little better but they are utterly disastrous against stopping the run.

1) Unfortunately that may have been Luke Kuechly, or CJ Mosley. Of course we can hopefully pick up a steal, but then that's the case at any position for any team.

2) A hybrid 34/43, mostly, which is (I believe) similar to what we're running this year. Gotta believe, if he got 31 sacks from his DL when playing a 43, he'd stick with that more often than not. My guess is the sacks were split more evenly between true DL (big fat guys) and pass rushers (DE/OLB - Mario Williams?).

All the LB talk warms my heart...

IMO we don't need a "top" O-line prospect... as in 1st round. Hopefully Farmer still has the map to the well he drew Bito from...

Nonsense aside, I'd like the Browns to take a serious run at Justin Houston in free agency. Young, healthy and one of the best at his position.

Only other OLB I can think of would be that kid from Clemson but he's barely 240. He, might like Mingo would have to be protected on early run downs but he's a much more natural pass rusher from that stand up spot.

Expensive, but worth it. Very consistent production through his rookie contract. But I'm not seeing a UGA Georgian moving to NE Ohio.

The Clemson OLB is Beasley. Looks to be the only 1st round prospect outside or inside as of now. However, there are some interesting prospects in the pack like Oregon's Washington and Stanford's Vaughters (sp?).

Then there are the underclassmen who might come out... including Mississippi St's McKinney.

The OLB for Washington is getting 1-2nd round grades and leads the nation with 14.5 sacks, 19.5 TFL, 2 forced fumbles, 2 passes broken up

Hau'oli Kikaha

Hau+oli+Kikaha+BYU+vs+Washington+-RuuxGo

Hmm. I'm watching some of his tape on youtube right now from 2013. Nothing really that jumps out at me. I'll see if I can find some of his current season material.

For those of you who hate the draft talk this early do you not think that the Browns FO is currently scouting players? I know many think that talking about the draft can be seen as giving up on the season, I think of it evaluating players during the season rather than waiting for the end of the season. No one is talking about blowing up the roster and starting over, we are talking about adding complementary pieces to our existing roster and replacing players that very well could leave in the offseason.

I definitely see WR as probably the top position of interest for the draft. Seeing what Watkins has done I think we definitely have to be looking at Amari Cooper from 'Bama or Fuchess (sp?) out of Michigan. DE/OLB would probably be next on my list, I have a feeling that Sheard is going to leave.

IF sheard leaves then we should make a run at Houston. Problem is we'll have a lot of cash tied up at both OLB spots. I don't see any big time DE/OLB type in this draft either. Hard to say we don't need OL though. We haven't drafted high at OL since JT and it shows. We need something on that line and it either has to come from FA or from the draft. If there's the same type of talent out there next year as there was this past draft...we don't have a choice but to draft OL. The right side of that line cannot be ignored any longer.

Why aren't you working for our FO? Someone this brilliant doesn't have a job in the NFL? gtfo

Browns will need a TE in 2015. Jordan Cameron is going to want way more money than what he is worth. So your little bitch ass comment is kinda funny to me in a topic where my post not only makes sense it will probaly happen fag. Just be nice you stupid fucking tool whos dad probaly crys every day when he wakes up because he is so disappointed in the piece of shit that didnt run down his wifes inner thigh when they were getting a towel to clean up post sex messes.

But I would be happy with OL and D-lineman in the 1st round next year.

Browns will need a TE in 2015. Jordan Cameron is going to want way more money than what he is worth. So your little bitch ass comment is kinda funny to me in a topic where my post not only makes sense it will probaly happen fag. Just be nice you stupid fucking tool whos dad probaly crys every day when he wakes up because he is so disappointed in the piece of shit that didnt run down his wifes inner thigh when they were getting a towel to clean up post sex messes.

But I would be happy with OL and D-lineman in the 1st round next year.

From Mik to this Doofus,

This board is full of posters nuttier than a rat in a tin shit house.

Archived