THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting Options Developing in Browns QB Situation

Frenchie

I knew this topic would start hitting the main stream media. Now what do we do? Franchise Hoyer? Sign him and trade Johnny? Keep both (will that be acceptable to Hoyer?). Your thoughts? I'm still not a JM believer and if I was with the Browns, I would sign Hoyer now, trade Manziel for a high second rounder or best draft choice available.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew this topic would start hitting the main stream media. Now what do we do? Franchise Hoyer? Sign him and trade Johnny? Keep both (will that be acceptable to Hoyer?). Your thoughts? I'm still not a JM believer and if I was with the Browns, I would sign Hoyer now, trade Manziel for a high second rounder or best draft choice available.

Why wouldn't you keep both? We have a somewhat known commodity in Hoyer and an unknown in Manziel. We need to lock Hoyer up, but there's no harm in keeping Johnny in the wings.

Definitely keep both, with the way our run game is working Jonny is potentially our Russel Wilson. Can make plays with his legs. That's if he doesn't try to be a superstar and just manages games. He also must not be like RG3 when it comes to sliding.

Why would we do that??!!?? Especially right after a game where we lost several key players. What if Hoyer goes down too? Every team needs backups and players for the future and JFF fills BOTH of those bills.

And a second round pick??? what??? Again, why would we do that when we just paid a first and a third??? THAT would be the dumbest move ever. taking a loss on a good player AND giving up our security blanket at QB. Glad you're not our GM.

Franchise Brian? No... Don't see top 5 bucks in his future.

I've said before a good, three-ish year deal with a mutual option year, and a base salary in the top half of starters plus incentives should do the trick. At least I believe this will do it now... but the longer we wait...

And Johnny's no issue if Brian goes into camps as THE announced starter for as long as he is on this roll. No telling how long that will be...

Dude stfu. Go to the Steelers board and talk about "YOUR" team. And Hoyer has been doing this all season and the games he played in last year. I agree we shouldn't do some dumb shit like trade Johhny just cause Hoyers playing well.

First of all, short of a publicity buffoon like Jerry Jones, I doubt if anyone would give you anything better than a late 2nd rounder for Johnny Fuckup. Second, don't be like the Browns of old and make decisions based on a game or two, the jury will be out on Hoyer until he has done it for two seasons not two games.

First of all, short of a publicity buffoon like Jerry Jones, I doubt if anyone would give you anything better than a late 2nd rounder for Johnny Fuckup. Second, don't be like the Browns of old and make decisions based on a game or two, the jury will be out on Hoyer until he has done it for two seasons not two games.

I could see Jerry giving us a first.

Just maybe it was your choice of "Johnny Fuckup" . It's going make folks react the way you do to "Rapistberger".

Just sayin'...

You'll be lucky to get a bag of chips for Manziel now.

Hoyer is the man and should be the man going forward. We can win with him.

Now the bigger question is, do FO start the process of putting a contract together now to offer Hoyer or wait until AFTER the season is over?

With every passing victory and performance like this past few weeks, the price will continue to climb.

Good point!

There ya go...

Whatever Johnny was... he's ours now...

And thou shall not assail that which is ours...

That said... between the two of them the only thing I know for sure that either has fucked up is one motorcycle...

Franchise Brian? No... Don't see top 5 bucks in his future.

I've said before a good, three-ish year deal with a mutual option year, and a base salary in the top half of starters plus incentives should do the trick. At least I believe this will do it now... but the longer we wait...

And Johnny's no issue if Brian goes into camps as THE announced starter for as long as he is on this roll. No telling how long that will be...

Will Hoyer give the Browns a hometown discount? He might. $20 million guaranteed (at least) will set him up for life. The franchise tag for a qb is $16 million- I don't see Hoyer as being the greedy type to extract the last dime out of the Browns. You saw it already- as long as he's winning, he owns the town- stuff hanging over the walls- Hoyer the Destroyer & This is Hoyer Country. BTW, should Brian take the Browns to the playoffs (maybe a little early to start thinking along those lines) , he's untradeable- the fans would riot.

Trade Manziel? Way dumb, it's not happening- he's on a cheap rookie contract, and this is an ideal situation. Sit and learn. Short of an injury, JF isn't seeing the field this year. It might get more difficult a few years down the road, if Hoyer continues showing he's the first competent qb the Browns have had since Bernie Kosar.

Keep both. Dumb to even consider trading one of only 2 QBs on our current 53-man roster. Manziel is 1 play away from being our starting QB. The longer he is on the bench, the better it will be for him. Hoyer gets an extension at the end of the season, and Manziel remains backup until needed. After his rookie deal, he can either walk, we can trade him, or maybe he becomes our starter... too early to make a move here...

I knew this topic would start hitting the main stream media.....Didn't know it was...

Now what do we do?....Nothing, Just stay the course. Main stream media is lame and knows only what it reads from other main stream media.

Franchise Hoyer? ...No way! He looks good, but not THAT good.

Sign him and trade Johnny? ...Yes, you sign him. No way do you trade Johnny.

Keep both (will that be acceptable to Hoyer?). ..Yes. You need both, so you keep both....and no one cares whats acceptable to Hoyer. It's not his job to control the roster.

Your thoughts? ....See above.

I'm still not a JM believer .....There is no way to know if he's good or not. I wish people would stop GUESSING and use a little sense.

and if I was with the Browns, I would sign Hoyer now...I think they will....

trade Manziel for a high second rounder or best draft choice available....that would be a foolish and irrational move...

Plain dealer reports Hoyer allegedly won't resign with the team if manziel is on it. Hoyer won't comment. Thoughts? I'm a Hoyer supporter so I say if he proves himself trade Johnny and let Shaw back him up.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/10/brian_hoyer_on_if_hell_sign_a.html

Clearly there's no love lost. I get Hoyer's reaction. He can never be comfortable as long as Johnny Media is on the bench. On the other hand you're right. No player is bigger than the team. But Hoyer's play is putting him in a good spot.

Reading the comments Johnny sounds kind of more like a team player. But who is the better player? Right now it's got to be Hoyer. Over 6 weeks he's the 8th highest rated qb in the league. That's no joke right there.

Grossi was just on and saying this story(or take) is bs. No one ever said anything about Johnny being on the team. Hoyer was clarifying he will be starting and getting paid......where Johnny is doesnt matter at all....mary kay crabgrass is stirring the pot...

So PLEASE.....dont freak out and start bashing Hoyer based on one crappy MK story.....I believe Grossi

and to clarify....this DOES open the door for hoyer to leave....He wants someone(preferably Cleveland) to commit to him 100% as the starter....say HE's the man....then pay him...so, the Browns gotta say it, give him the job, pay him, then keep the manzealots in check by saying JFF sits another year

FUCK!

And in the distance I can hear the JM Fanboys stampeding back to the forum...

Reading the comments Johnny sounds kind of more like a team player.

You said it yourself... Johnny Media. But in the locker room? on the sideline? Who knows...

Anyway... sounds bullshitish to me...

Agent has not been in negotiations since May...

It's Mary Kay citing a Bleacher Report...

Play ball...

EDIT: Thanks, Mud... I feel better now...

"IF" this is true it lowers my estimation of Hoyer slightly. It really does. What's best for the team is to have Manziel study underneath Hoyer just like Rodgers did under Farve. I fucking hate the plain dealer for reporting this too..even if it's true. If there's no truth to it the plain dealer should have their locker room privileges revoked. A semi qb controversy is simply the last fucking thing we need right now. Fucking Hoyer ought to know that he's one Retarded slide away from being out a year again. It just doesn't "sound" like Hoyer tbh. He's a competitor, and what competitor pulls a ho move like that? It would show he's not confident in himself to keep the job. So basically Hoyer won't be happy unless we have a bum backing him up which ensures that the team sucks if he goes down. Fuck that. And fuck Hoyer if he really is trying to strong arm the Browns like that. Again, until it's proven I won't believe it. I have a hard time believing Manziel would pull something like that either. I get it that Hoyer wants paid and he should be. But if he loses out to Manziel in 3 years that's football. I would hope Hoyer, who considers himself a homer, to be content to be the best back up in football and take the reigns right back if/when Manziel gets hurt.

Oh it was Mary Kay reporting this? Holy fucking balls if that huure was blowing it out her ass yet again she's got to be run out of town. Especially on something like this which is a complete shit stirrer right in the middle of a tough ass season with so many injured players. Good lord this is the last fucking thing we need, fuck her even if it's true actually. This is one you fucking sit on even if you know it's true.

Archived