THE BROWNS BOARD

school forces two students to take the Gadsden and American flag off their truck

calfoxwc

and the community gets mad, etc...

and they backtrack.

LIberals demand the 1st Amendment for themselves, and they demand to control speech of others.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/22/school-forced-two-students-to-remove-us-flags-from-trucks-heres-what-fellow-students-do-next-day/

What exactly does the first amendment have to do with this? Has the kid been arrested? Has it been made illegal to fly the US flag?

The kid is clearly aware that the don't tread on me flag is potentially provocative but wants to fly it anyway, so he's being douchey. The school teacher was probably being too heavy handed, but it got quickly resolved, and yet now the story is being seized upon as another 'us verus them' and 'liberals hate america' narrative device.

What exactly does the first amendment have to do with this? Has the kid been arrested? Has it been made illegal to fly the US flag?

The kid is clearly aware that the don't tread on me flag is potentially provocative but wants to fly it anyway, so he's being douchey. The school teacher was probably being too heavy handed, but it got quickly resolved, and yet now the story is being seized upon as another 'us verus them' and 'liberals hate america' narrative device.

Seriously? The expression of patriotism isn't a matter of free speech? LOL LOL... LOL

I mean, seriously? wait, the Gadsden flag is "potentially provocative"...

what, to people who hate our country? It's okay to deny an American his rights, as long as a liberal teacher

has it overruled relatively soon? The denial of baking a cake probably only took 20 seconds....

It's a huge thing to me - unless it is legitimately a safety thing, STFU and let Americans be

Americans. This was political anti-patriotism, conservative harrassment.

Violation of freedom of speech.

Seriously? The expression of patriotism isn't a matter of free speech? LOL LOL... LOL

The first amendment protects your right to free speech. Kind of. Actually, it says that the government cannot impinge your right to free speech. It doesn't say much about doing it elsewhere, particularly in closed, semi-autonomous environments like schools.

I mean, seriously? wait, the Gadsden flag is "potentially provocative"...

Don't play dumb. At least, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're playing.

what, to people who hate our country? It's okay to deny an American his rights, as long as a liberal teacher

has it overruled relatively soon? The denial of baking a cake probably only took 20 seconds....

It's a huge thing to me - unless it is legitimately a safety thing, STFU and let Americans be

Americans. This was political anti-patriotism, conservative harrassment.

Violation of freedom of speech.

This would be where someone might call 'triggered'...

Both flags represent patriotism. Having a government employee (all public employees are) tell the kid he can't have an American flag up in America because it could cause an issue is fucking stupid.

Don't get me wrong, it's another situation where the teacher is doing without thinking and the kid hasn't done much wrong. I mean, the don't tread on me is somewhat antagonistic, but he's doing it in Alabama, right? Not doing it in downtown LA. I'm pretty sure if you're offended by that flag you're not living in Alabama to start with.

Interesting. Chris gets smart with me until he realizes I'm not alone in respecting

our flag, and knowing about the Gadsden Flag. He changed his tune nicely

when it isn't just me. Too bad.

Seriously, I don't get that at all.

Here, Chris, tell me anything "provocative" or "antagonistic" about our Gadsden Flag:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

Archived