THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump Administration Strips Funding For Illegal Aliens, Reallocates Money to Victims of Their Crimes

OldBrownsFan

Well you're vague or I misunderstood.

I would agree that a traffic violation wooden call for deportation for anyone here with a green card or visa.

But that's kind of like rolling through a stop sign while driving a stolen car.

WSS

You misunderstood.

The State of Georgia doesn't carry the authority to deport anyone. For what it's worth we do our best to place hold on the truly dangerous ones for ICE. Those are the only holds they'll actually answer. Driving while unlicensed? No way they answer a hold at the jail for that. It's been that way every since I've been a police officer. They're not even really held accountable in court either but I guess that's on me or my watch of officers too.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing happens to them for breaking the law.

As a person who upholds our laws is that really right?

No but I and those that I supervise do our part to the letter. We can't control what ICE or the courts do.

In other words sneak into the US, and you can break all the misdemeanor laws that you want.

That's your interpretation. Even though you know that's not even close to what I said. My officer's and I make those arrests. We do not prosecute them in court, at that point we're witnesses. Nor do we assume a role of Immigration and Customs Enforcement as it's a whole different jurisdiction.

I wouldn't expect police to carry out the entire deportation sequence. I would expect the police officer to inform the agency in charge.

WSS

That's part of the holding process. We arrest them and take them to jail. We tell the booking department that we have a inmate that is of interest to ICE. The jail notifies ICE, and does not allow that prisoner to pay bail, or get arraigned until they hear from ICE. Sometimes they respond sometimes they don't. It's been communicated to us (SCMPD) by ICE to not place a hold for any thing less than a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

That's part of the holding process. We arrest them and take them to jail. We tell the booking department that we have a inmate that is of interest to ICE. The jail notifies ICE, and does not allow that prisoner to pay bail, or get arraigned until they hear from ICE. Sometimes they respond sometimes they don't. It's been communicated to us (SCMPD) by ICE to not place a hold for any thing less than a misdemeanor of a high and aggravated nature.

I'm getting the feeling from the fact that you're transferring responsibility of controlling illegal immigration that you really don't care much about the situation. That is for one of two reasons in my opinion.

Either you honestly believe illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay here and live and work within the community without repercussion because that's just part of your ideology. Or you do care somewhat but don't want to see immigration enforceD because, as you see it, it's one of Donald Trump's key positions and you dislike Donald Trump and you would like to see his policies fail.

Example:

I think there are many people who hate Obamacare just because it's Obamacare. They probably wouldn't hate it so badly if it were Mitt Romney or George Bush.

WSS

I'm getting the feeling from the fact that you're transferring responsibility of controlling illegal immigration that you really don't care much about the situation. That is for one of two reasons in my opinion.

Welcome to the world of difference between Federal and State Jurisdiction. When I'm granted authority by the State of Georgia to deport any illegal immigrant. Then I'll enforce that law because I have authority to. Going outside that authority gets me put in prison.

I don't know of anything else to do except follow department, and state sanctioned criminal procedure. Do you think I should execute them in place? Do you think I should violate department policy and travel more than the allowed 25 miles outside of my jurisdiction to personally deport them? Brief Geography lesson, Georgia is further than 25 miles from the U.S. Mexico Border, either further from Canada. I could place a hold for ICE for every offense they commit but I have zero authority to make them respond. Nor do I have the authority to make a judge, impose any fine or jail time outside of my best efforts to articulate the probable cause I established to make the arrest.

Local and most state agencies not close to the boarder have been locked out of the deportation process. Marcus

Either you honestly believe illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay here and live and work within the community without repercussion because that's just part of your ideology.

I think those deserving of the opportunity should get it. Because quiet frankly there are American citizens that aren't deserving of nor do they value their citizenship (see Colin Kaepernick and any citizen that has burned, stepped on, or danced on the American flag) (see American Citizens that through Wall Street and the Federal Reserve have bankrupted this country for decades without repercussion since we're so self righteous all of a sudden) Marcus

Or you do care somewhat but don't want to see immigration enforceD because, as you see it, it's one of Donald Trump's key positions and you dislike Donald Trump and you would like to see his policies fail.

I want Trump to accomplish as much as he can but the right way. Based on the truth and with the Congress and Senate. I want him to stop making blanket statements that generalize, pigeon hole, alienate, and divide races, religions, and creeds.

I can't fall in line with him because to me, he acts like thinks he's there for our entertainment. He wanted to lead so he needs to do that. Sure he'll write a heck of an Executive Order. Then describe it on National TV like the President of the High School Sophomore class. The longer he takes to be effective the harder it will be for this nation to grow and prosper. Wanting a President to fail is not only illogical it's not indicative of a citizen deserving American citizenship. Marcus

Example:

I think there are many people who hate Obamacare just because it's Obamacare. They probably wouldn't hate it so badly if it were Mitt Romney or George Bush. WSS

Seems to me that a LAW ENFORCeMENT officer should enforce all laws, not just the ones he chooses too.

Spoken like someone that hasn't spent a day in police uniform. You really believe it's that simple? Odds are you believe we solve crimes in an hour using all the high tech equipment that we don't have too.

Spoken like someone that hasn't spent a day in police uniform. You really believe it's that simple? Odds are you believe we solve crimes in an hour using all the high tech equipment that we don't have too.

Actually, and I agree with him here, it sounds like it's coming from someone who expect the police to enforce the law.

WSS

Actually, and I agree with him here, it sounds like it's coming from someone who expect the police to enforce the law.

ing

WSS

It's a cheap shot. Look through the Official Code of Georgia (State Law Book) Find where any state or local law enforcement officers has the authority to deport anyone. Please find the code section that grants such authority. You do that, this discussion is over as far as I'm concerned.I'll be right down front arresting and deporting Hispanics. I've been nose deep in that book for 10 years and haven't found it. So since you know my job better than I do. You all find it.

Wait, I'm not seeing the problem here. The local police hold em if ICE says to,

etc etc.

There isn't any federal jurisdiction for local police... the only point I think is up for grabs,

is the operation of ICE under obaMao, and now. Have the indications of seriousness

changed, Marcus? As in, ICE wants you all to hold them for more than the most

serious of crimes?

The local police don't have federal authority to deport, for goodness sakes. I'm glad

they will hold the illegals, per ICE's instructions. There isn't anything else they can do.

I'm not getting the idea that there is anything missing in Marcus's explanation...

ICE's response policy may change with Trump's Administration. We haven't received anything new regarding it yet. I doubt, he'll go as far as granting local law enforcement (with the exception of those close to the U.S. / Mexican border) federal authority of deportation.

I'm going to say this once, and after this I hope I don't have to repeat it. I love this country, I've served it proudly in one capacity or the other my whole adult life. I do not appreciate anyone calling my professionalism into question without basis. It's disrespectful and I don't like it. I enforce laws I don't agree with everyday. Sometimes I feel as the circumstances while they fit the elements of the crime, don't line up to condemn a person. However, I do what I swore an oath to do. That oath is to uphold the laws of the State of Georgia, and uphold the Constitutions of the State of Georgia and the United States of America. Until you do what I do, I think you ought to select your words more carefully.

Either you honestly believe illegal immigrants should be allowed to stay here and live and work within the community without repercussion because that's just part of your ideology. Or you do care somewhat but don't want to see immigration enforceD because, as you see it, it's one of Donald Trump's key positions and you dislike Donald Trump and you would like to see his policies fail.

Example:

I think there are many people who hate Obamacare just because it's Obamacare. They probably wouldn't hate it so badly if it were Mitt Romney or George Bush.

WSS

The irony of your last statement is that Obamacare is Romneycare with a few modifications.

The irony of your last statement is that Obamacare is Romneycare with a few modifications.

No, the irony is that you liberal talking point is completely bogus.

http://mittromneyandhealthcare.blogspot.com/p/romneycare-vs-obamacare.html

SCMPD GENERAL ORDER OPS#0-15 ARREST PROTOCAL

ILLEGAL ALIENS

A. The involvement with persons suspected of being in this country illegally by an Officer of this department is limited to situations independent of the immigration laws. A violation or suspected violation of a State Statute or municipal ordinance by the suspected illegal alien must be the basis of the Officers involvement.

B. United States citizens are not required to carry evidence of citizenship such as birth or naturalization certificates.

C. All resident aliens, and most nonresident aliens lawfully admitted to the United States, are required by federal law to have in their possession documents issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service giving their name, date of birth, entry date and alien registration number. Nonresidents cards also give the last date the alien may legally remain in this country. Most Canadian visitors, who are nonresident aliens, are admitted without documents.

D. All other nonresident aliens must have documents.

ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES

A. Officers of the SCMPD will not stop, question, arrest, or detain anyone suspected of being an illegal alien solely on the grounds that he or she may be deportable.

B. When an Officer comes in contact with a suspected illegal alien during the course of a criminal investigation of a violation of a state statue or municipal ordinance, he/she will be treated as any other criminal suspect or interviewee. This includes advising the suspected illegal alien of his rights pursuant to the Miranda Decision (and any rights to appear before a magistrate). If the Officer is unable to communicate with the suspect, an interpreter will be requested through dispatch.

C. All reported violations of the Federal Immigration laws would be referred to the nearest office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

D. When Officers are lawfully detaining an individual for a violation of a State Law or Municipal Ordinance, and he is suspected of being an illegal alien, the Immigration and Naturalization Service will be immediately notified. They will determine if they would like the person held for them.

E. The Precinct Commander will be notified by the Officer of the detention of a suspected illegal alien and the circumstances surrounding the detention. The Immigration and Naturalization Service will also be advised of the situation.

F. Only the Immigration and Naturalization Service may arrest or place an immigration hold on a subject for a violation of the immigration laws.

G. If the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) wants the subject held as an illegal alien, the detaining Officer will make the case, by booking the person at the Chatham County Detention Center. The case report will include the name of the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agent authorizing the hold along with the time and date the authorization was given. The detaining Officer will advise the jail personnel of the, "Immigration Hold" as soon as practical.

H. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may arrange to have an Officer interview the suspect in custody. Should a suspected illegal alien(s) not accused of violations of state law or municipal ordinance refuse to accompany the Officer to the police department, this refusal will be honored and the suspected illegal alien(s) will be allowed to leave. In this case any information that has been obtained or that is obtained about the suspect will be forwarded to Immigration and Customs Enforcement. (ICE)

This General Order supersedes all written directives issued prior to 06/25/2015 pursuant to Arrest, Arrest Procedures, and Arrest Rules and Regulations.

Sounds like horse shit to me. You pick and choose because you like the illegals, plain and simple.

SCMPD GENERAL ORDER OPS#0-15 ARREST PROTOCAL

ILLEGAL ALIENS

A. The involvement with persons suspected of being in this country illegally by an Officer of this department is limited to situations independent of the immigration laws. A violation or suspected violation of a State Statute or municipal ordinance by the suspected illegal alien must be the basis of the Officers involvement.

B. United States citizens are not required to carry evidence of citizenship such as birth or naturalization certificates.

C. All resident aliens, and most nonresident aliens lawfully admitted to the United States, are required by federal law to have in their possession documents issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service giving their name, date of birth, entry date and alien registration number. Nonresidents cards also give the last date the alien may legally remain in this country. Most Canadian visitors, who are nonresident aliens, are admitted without documents.

D. All other nonresident aliens must have documents.

ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES

A. Officers of the SCMPD will not stop, question, arrest, or detain anyone suspected of being an illegal alien solely on the grounds that he or she may be deportable.

B. When an Officer comes in contact with a suspected illegal alien during the course of a criminal investigation of a violation of a state statue or municipal ordinance, he/she will be treated as any other criminal suspect or interviewee. This includes advising the suspected illegal alien of his rights pursuant to the Miranda Decision (and any rights to appear before a magistrate). If the Officer is unable to communicate with the suspect, an interpreter will be requested through dispatch.

C. All reported violations of the Federal Immigration laws would be referred to the nearest office of the Immigration and Naturalization Service.

D. When Officers are lawfully detaining an individual for a violation of a State Law or Municipal Ordinance, and he is suspected of being an illegal alien, the Immigration and Naturalization Service will be immediately notified. They will determine if they would like the person held for them.

E. The Precinct Commander will be notified by the Officer of the detention of a suspected illegal alien and the circumstances surrounding the detention. The Immigration and Naturalization Service will also be advised of the situation.

F. Only the Immigration and Naturalization Service may arrest or place an immigration hold on a subject for a violation of the immigration laws.

G. If the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) wants the subject held as an illegal alien, the detaining Officer will make the case, by booking the person at the Chatham County Detention Center. The case report will include the name of the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agent authorizing the hold along with the time and date the authorization was given. The detaining Officer will advise the jail personnel of the, "Immigration Hold" as soon as practical.

H. The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may arrange to have an Officer interview the suspect in custody. Should a suspected illegal alien(s) not accused of violations of state law or municipal ordinance refuse to accompany the Officer to the police department, this refusal will be honored and the suspected illegal alien(s) will be allowed to leave. In this case any information that has been obtained or that is obtained about the suspect will be forwarded to Immigration and Customs Enforcement. (ICE)

This General Order supersedes all written directives issued prior to 06/25/2015 pursuant to Arrest, Arrest Procedures, and Arrest Rules and Regulations.

The last paragraph says it all. Your city is a bunch of liberal pussies. Enforce the fucking law barney.,

This link gives insight on how certain criminal offenses are dealt with by the State of Georgia. You will notice none of the offenses are solely Illegal Immigration.

https://nationalimmigrationproject.org/PDFs/practitioners/practice_advisories/crimCharts/2013_Mar_georgia-chart.pdf

The last paragraph says it all. Your city is a bunch of liberal pussies. Enforce the fucking law barney.,

Will do Adolf. Your sense of liberty is as pale as your skin. You clearly don't know the difference between State and Federal Law and the agencies that enforce each.

Neither have you had the balls to try to do either. So keep that photo of who's valor you stole and pack sand.

Will do Adolf. Your sense of liberty is as pale as your skin. You clearly don't know the difference between State and Federal Law and the agencies that enforce each.

Neither have you had the balls to try to do either. So keep that photo of who's valor you stole and pack sand.

Okay tough guy. Pack sand yourself. I have more years in the service then you have years of age no doubt. Just some internet wannabe spreading BS. And a racist to boot.

Okay tough guy. Pack sand yourself. I have more years in the service then you have years of age no doubt. Just some internet wannabe spreading BS. And a racist to boot.

Hardly a racist. Everyone has my respect until they abuse my respect which you've done for the better half of the night into the early morning.

You're clearly a bitter old man who's best days are long past him. I don't need you for validation but you need guys like me to validate you which is pitiful. You represent the last of dying breed which most of whom I respect because they haven't forgotten where they come from.

As far as your service, thank you. As far as you being a disrespectful bigot who can't handle the criminal procedure of this day and age....I'm praying for you.

Hardly a racist. Everyone has my respect until they abuse my respect which you've done for the better half of the night into the early morning.

You're clearly a bitter old man who's best days are long past him. I don't need you for validation but you need guys like me to validate you which is pitiful. You represent the last of dying breed which most of whom I respect because they haven't forgotten where they come from.

As far as your service, thank you. As far as you being a disrespectful bigot who can't handle the criminal procedure of this day and age....I'm praying for you.

Oh please. You ask for validation constantly by reminding everyone in just about every post about your 'service'. Then you try and exit gracefully by acting like your superior to me because I'm older then you and you will 'pray' for me. I could care less about your validation. I call em like I see em. Now go catch some sand fleas, because I remember the stench of the swamps and the sand fleas in Port Wentworth.

No the irony is is that apparently you have no idea I supported Romney care before and still do. It was the empty suit who opposed it when he ran for president.

Then fucked it up after he changed his mind for political reasons.

WSS

No the irony is is that apparently you have no idea I supported Romney care before and still do. It was the empty suit who opposed it when he ran for president.

Then fucked it up after he changed his mind for political reasons.

WSS

I wasn't attacking you, dude. I was pointing out that a lot of people who oppose Obamacare don't know it was based on Romneycare, the underlying message being that people oppose it not for what it is but for who created it.

I wasn't attacking you, dude. I was pointing out that a lot of people who oppose Obamacare don't know it was based on Romneycare, the underlying message being that people oppose it not for what it is but for who created it.

I oppose it because of the way the empty suit fucked it up. A missed opportunity just for the sake of arrogance.

WSS

I believe that everybody else on the board knows that that is a crock. They took

Romneycare and gave it illegal steriods, and went national with it, for bragging rights.

Except it has blown up in your faces.

Archived