THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Unlikely To Trade Up

gftChris

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the browns ineptitude has been built on 'sure things'.

show me a sure thing and i'll show you courtney brown.

bosa looks the part but IMO he's as dumb as a rock. looks like a hack xtra in an episode of the sopranos who ends up dumped in the weeds underneath some bridge in jersey. talk about the dumbest penalties at the worse times in a football game = joey bosa.

i get the OSU love but take the QB, it's what this team has been missing since kosar. sorry you don't know what a football team in cleveland can look like with a QB because half you dumb-assed 'niggas' weren't even a fidget in your mum's womb then.

I've made no secret that I don't think we reach for a QB when SB teams are built on D first.

Hmmm....and I thought you spent the whole season screaming for weapons to compliment the QB....wr wr wr wr wr wr....and that Bama RB whats his name.....

I'm talkin about guys in their prime who already have some kind of NFL experience.

This creature does not exist.....

Gip,

I accept your opinion... disagree with it, but accept it. What I reject are demonstrably false claims of objective evidence that your opinion is the correct one.

Well.....considering he spent a couple weeks defending his claim that Pullard was basically a 2nd 3rd rounder, because he "thought" one person said so.....

If Clowney and Bosa were in the same draft I would take Bosa over him every time.

Me too....every time....

. Would utterly "LOATHE" having a good defense with an interior lineman that can get over 20 sacks a year.

Yet another creature that doesnt exist....sci fi much?

Or analytics might make a "can't miss" case for a single player...

You mean we're gonna move up for Hargreaves?....yes!!!!

I agree that there is not any choices that would warrant trading up. There are a few worth the number one pick it seems right now, but none that stand out from the other picks on that level. My point is, we can still get a quality pick at number 2 and it is not worth what we would give up for number 1.

Hmmm....and I thought you spent the whole season screaming for weapons to compliment the QB....wr wr wr wr wr wr....and that Bama RB whats his name.....

I still want the Bama RB as our 2nd pick. And I wanted a wr when I thought JM was turning the corner as he seemed to be doing most of the season until he went haywire when finally given the starting job. Also most of the season I kept waiting to see the D show back up that I thought we already had. It just never happened like I thought it would for whatever reasons. Some was not retaining good players and some was injuries, but whatever it was, they just never clicked together. Similar to the OL there always seemed to be an inexplicable defensive breakdown 1-2 plays almost every possession

I reassessed after the season and think our best option is D and a power runner who can set up a better ball control offense. I think Bosa is the kind of player who can both stop the run and pressure a QB. Find another decent LB to help out with #3, unless Henry is already gone by pick #2. As to a wr I think I actually have come to believe Josh Gordon has finally turned the corner and gives us back that great wr we lacked for two complete seasons.

I think it is going to be very interesting to see what happens with this new "dream team" of superbrains working with Jackson on our needs in FA and the draft.

Well....considering it was all the coaches fault that the D sucked and we are supposed to be loaded on that side of the ball, with a bunch of wicked misused talent.....Im expecting a complete turnaround this year... ;)

Draft Offense offense offense

Edit....Im on board with your JG thoughts....

Why? Because you don't think he will be there at #2? I understand that as being highly possible.

it's possible. And as much as I like Bosa i'm not sure i'd be willing to trade with TN just to make sure we could get him. I could see TN playing some other team in the top 5-6 to trade with so they can take Bosa and TN takes Tunsil who they probably want alll along. So if somebody does bite and jumps to 1 to take Bosa, fine, I still want a LB/DE. Be fine with Buckner.

Still remains to be seen what Horton is going to do with our defense. I'll bet they keep that quiet till after the draft.

Well.....considering he spent a couple weeks defending his claim that Pullard was basically a 2nd 3rd rounder, because he "thought" one person said so.....

Many draft services had Pullard in their Top 100 best players available. And that may yet prove to be the case. The fucking Browns should have kept Pullard and put him on the 53 man roster instead of fucking around with the likes of Jayson Dimanche. I still think Pullard will be a good player in this league....but now he is going to do that elsewhere.....and to me that is another Ray Farmer fuckup.

Many draft services had Pullard in their Top 100 best players available....... I still think Pullard will be a good player in this league and to me that is another Ray Farmer fuckup.

Im not going down that road again.....point made....

Though I do think Farmer blew it by leaving him exposed.....folIowing the preseason and compared to some of the players we kept, I felt he had probably earned a roster spot...

Agree with you both. He ended up a starter after an injury to 1st teamer. I thought at the time it was a huge mistake to leave him exposed because I thought he was one of Farmer's better picks. Farmer should have believed in his own pick.

This creature does not exist.....

Me too....every time....

Yet another creature that doesnt exist....sci fi much?

You mean we're gonna move up for Hargreaves?....yes!!!!

Having the benefit of hindsight, I'd agree and say Bosa every time. However, as I remember back to what Clowney could do, it would be so hard as an NFL exec NOT to take him. His measurables were just off the chart. His speed and power were otherworldly, and the guy was so fluid of an athlete. Clowney was devastated by injuries, and that's not his fault. But the warning signs were there. His last year in college wasn't good by any stretch of the imagination. He was rumored to have played safely, taken plays off, and his conditioning was suspect. He was entitled, and his work ethic was questioned. When it comes to Bosa, there is actually a little bit of similarity. His last year in college was not as good as people hoped, and his production dropped off. But I don't think I've ever heard anyone question Bosa's work ethic, and that's huge for me. If a QB doesn't grade out to warrant the second pick, I'd be thrilled to have Bosa in a Browns' uniform.

I don't want Hargraves though, not at all. If we decide that we need to upgrade the secondary with the first round pick, I want Ramsey, and it's not close. Ramsey could slide to safety if need be, and his speed and size make him a superior prospect. He's also stellar against the run, which is something I don't believe Hargraves can say (I could be wrong). Ramsey might not be the "ball-hawking" DB that teams covet, but trust me when I say he's the real deal. If he goes to the right defense, you could be seeing the next Troy Palumalu type player. I'm not saying Ramsey is going to the hall of fame, what I mean is that Ramsey could play in a similar style to Troy. He can blitz, cover deep, stop the run, and disrupt so many things.

Clowney was not a power guy though. Explosively fast, but like a lot of pass rushers could get his pads turned if an OL got hold of him. That's why Bosa is even more special than Clowney, he still explodes around the corner like Clowney could but was basically able to hold an offensive lineman off of him till the point of his choosing and would just shed them at will. That's special. Now the OL in the NFL will of course be stronger so it remains to be seen if he can still do that. If he gets any bigger and stronger I have no doubt that in a couple years he'll be abusing OL like Watt does.

As represented by his 10-yd split, Clowney's explosion off the line was measurably greater that Watt's, but

their vertical and standing broad results were much closer.

Watt's upper body was far stronger. My guess is he has only increased the strength differential. Watt blew him away in the 3-cone and to a lesser degree the shuttle.

Arm lengths are essentially equal with JD @ 34.5" and JJ @ 34". Watts hands are huge, while JD's are merely big.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/j.j.-watt?id=2495488

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jadeveon-clowney?id=2543456

Looking forward to seeing Joey at the Combine...

Would not surprise me to see his arms measure longer than either Texans'...

Archived