THE BROWNS BOARD

K'Waun Williams Cut

jiggins7919

Wonder what happened this year to create the rift....he was spot on his first 2 years....

Good question. My buddy played with him on the defense at Pitt and was shocked at all this. Said no one loves the game more than K'Waun and the kid is very low-drama. Just odd all around.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder what happened this year to create the rift....he was spot on his first 2 years....

Hmmmm... What is different this year from the previous two? Hmmmm...

will be pro bowler.

the cleveland jinx.

Oh ya. For sure. Mingo, Kruger, K'wan and Andy Pussy Lee are going to be big time Pro Bowlers this year.

LOL!

Go, Hue, Go!

Zombo

My take is he wanted a second opinion and the team would not allow him to go get it. So he went on his own volition. Players gotta look out for their own long term health, cause the team aint gonna do it for them.....just add him to the pile of starter quality of players leaving in the largest mass exodus the Browns have ever seen....

We started the year with very little experienced talent....we now have none.....

Haden is about it. MHO Tramon Williams isn't very good. If you look at the offensive side- we have two A grade players, Thomas and Gordon- and Josh is sidelined till week 5. Bitonio is a solid talent- but the rest of the O? Nothing great that couldn't be replaced. Plus a bunch of question marks- (Pryor, Coleman, and RG III)

Oh ya. For sure. Mingo, Kruger, K'wan and Andy Pussy Lee are going to be big time Pro Bowlers this year.

LOL!

Go, Hue, Go!

Zombo

Yup, that's right- a lot of people go-ing. Before that Mack, Schwartz, Whitner, and Dansby. See above- save Joe Haden- hope he's healthy- we have a lot of B minus (and worse) talent on defense. And a lot of inexperienced rookies whose talent level is a big ?. Little wonder they're getting chewed up.

Failed his physical. Off the Bears roster.

So much for the Pro Bowl.

http://www.12up.com/posts/3707518-breaking-bears-newly-acquired-free-agent-fails-physical?a_aid=40734

Zombo

Well, those ankles...bone spurs... were a problem for him.

But, for some reason, I thought there was a rule about cutting a guy because of injury. There is some rule....maybe about IR?

Bone spurs aren't an "injury", but they are a condition that certainly can hurt.

Regardless.... now cutting him sure looks dispassionate... at best.

I still don't understand this story. I wonder if the whole thing will ever come to light.

Here are the cliffs notes...

Kwaun had pain in his ankle

Browns Dr's looked at it and said he was fine

He said he wanted time off for a second opinion

The Browns said no and added him to a game roster

He declined to play due to pain

The Browns fined and suspended him

He left camp to go to Washington and see another doctor

Doctor said he needed surgery

The Browns cut him

The Bears signed him

The Bears Dr's looked and said he needed surgery

confirming Kwauns original concerns.....

so, the Browns wanted him to play with the injury and then suspended him for taking his own health into his own hands...

Nice!.....way to treat your players guys.....

So he'll be perfectly healed around week 2,3 -- and then he'll sign a FA deal with some team. Perhaps the Panthers considering street FA's started games for them last season, and they will roster 2 rookie UDFA's..

CB needs that ankle more than just about any other position bc quickness is the required athletic trait

So he'll be perfectly healed around week 2,3 -- and then he'll sign a FA deal with some team. Perhaps the Panthers considering street FA's started games for them last season, and they will roster 2 rookie UDFA's..

CB needs that ankle more than just about any other position bc quickness is the required athletic trait

Dr. Hoorta chimes in. Um, depends where the bone spurs are- and it sure as hell won't be three weeks. He has the surgery now- done for the year. Maybe that's why the Browns were balking. Put him on IR- pay him for the year, and then he walks? Lose\ lose proposition. Below is a quote from someone who had the surgery, and from one of my co-workers that had the same, it sounds about right.

"I had a bone spur under my Achilles tendon that was insertional Achilles tendinosis. I had the surgery done in December and by the end of February I was able to walk a bit. I had to use a walker for a few weeks, then a cane. I was on a knee scooter after my surgery with absolutely no weight bearing at all. That is probably the hardest part of this surgery. It took a year before all the pain was resolved, but now that foot is much better."

Here are the cliffs notes...

Kwaun had pain in his ankle

Browns Dr's looked at it and said he was fine

He said he wanted time off for a second opinion

The Browns said no and added him to a game roster

He declined to play due to pain

The Browns fined and suspended him

He left camp to go to Washington and see another doctor

Doctor said he needed surgery

The Browns cut him

The Bears signed him

The Bears Dr's looked and said he needed surgery

confirming Kwauns original concerns.....

so, the Browns wanted him to play with the injury and then suspended him for taking his own health into his own hands...

Nice!.....way to treat your players guys.....

OK, seems to be an issue. That is why I think there is more to the story than just the medical issue. I think he had a personality conflict with either the DC or the HC. You didn't see Hue giving the same regretful statements about Kwan as he did about Kruger.

"More to the story" = "stood up for himself"???

Could just be that simple...

No....more than that. Maybe this regime just thought he was expendable.

Maybe they just saw more of what they wanted to see out of Charles Gaines, Tracy Howard, Trey Caldwell...whom they drafted....and even.....dare I say it......Justin Gilbert?

Thanks, hoorta.. that definitely puts a new spin on the interpretation of the Browns move!

This should be a CBA issue IMHO.. Kwaun surely isn't the first to be cut because he had the temerity to stand up for his wanting not to play through a condition needing surgery -- because he simply would not be himself if on the field, and thus he'd be cut "for play" even though the reason he couldn't perform was because of the condition..

Thanks, hoorta.. that definitely puts a new spin on the interpretation of the Browns move!

This should be a CBA issue IMHO.. Kwaun surely isn't the first to be cut because he had the temerity to stand up for his wanting not to play through a condition needing surgery -- because he simply would not be himself if on the field, and thus he'd be cut "for play" even though the reason he couldn't perform was because of the condition..

He has the right to file a grievance if he wants.

I'm wondering if he got hurt over the summer, and didn't tell the Browns until

late, to avoid training camp and some games or something, and still get paid...,...

the Browns dr.'s may have seen that it wasn't a new injury.

I don't know - but something isn't right with his story.

Archived