THE BROWNS BOARD

K'Waun Williams Cut

jiggins7919

well now don't you all hue huggers feel like asses?

I wouldn't put this squarely on the head coach, they do need look into the medical staff that cleared him. They didn't believe in his injury he was complaining about and instead of going out of house to figure out what was ailing him, they just lead or allowed the coaching staff to believe he was faking an injury. That's not a doctor they need around.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the facts? From where did the "facts" come?...A source? Mary Kay? NFL.com? (who reported our signing Jordan Cameron when he signed with Miami?) PLEASE!

We don't know crap, yet you guys continue to grant credibility to known gossip mongers! They may be right, but we don't know yet & has anyone heard of HIPPA?

Mike

when he walked in and said he was going to retire...

that says a lot. Ankle or no ankle, the cleveland clinic may have said the

ankle was fine.

We don't know.

But "I'm going to retire" after the GB game? That wasn't over the ankle - that was over

him being po'd about losing playing time. Oh, and btw, it was multiple instances of breaking

team rules. As in, more than one team rule.

That indicates he is an attitude problem over something. There's more to the story.

Come on. Seriously.

when he walked in and said he was going to retire...

that says a lot. Ankle or no ankle, the cleveland clinic may have said the

ankle was fine.

We don't know.

But "I'm going to retire" after the GB game? That wasn't over the ankle - that was over

him being po'd about losing playing time. Oh, and btw, it was multiple instances of breaking

team rules. As in, more than one team rule.

That indicates he is an attitude problem over something. There's more to the story.

Come on. Seriously.

the rest of the cleveland.com article had more. Could be he doesn't like it here and wants out. In the last year of his contract too. if the 49ers want him? Adios.

the rest of the cleveland.com article had more. Could be he doesn't like it here and wants out. In the last year of his contract too. if the 49ers want him? Adios.

I wonder, if it is bone spurs, why did he keep it a secret, apparently?, right up until he

was playing in a practice game, and THEN say he can't go anymore?

And, it was -multiple breaking of rules- per whoever made the report.

Here's another thing I wonder...if he had had surgery in the off season to fix the bone spurs? he isn't getting paid, right?

(or not, I don't know). But maybe if he waits until the season starts, after the trade deadline, after the draft...

during the season.... and he reports it then... he gets paid for games even though he can't play?

I don't know how all that works,.... just wondering, ya?

Bone spurs don't develop over night, dude should've been a pro and had it taken care of in the off season.

Don't be too quick to judge. I've had bone spurs before and didn't even know it untill I injured something else. Shoulder. Had em twice and the 1st time it was a torn labrum and bone spurs. 2nd was a rotor tear and bone spurs. Neither time did the bone spurs even hurt until I tore something else. He might not even realised something was wrong until they looked. He's probablly just running with the story now.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/371b90a2d262479993448287fb9fbf2d/browns-cb-williams-suspended-fined-violating-team-rules

"The Cleveland Browns have suspended cornerback K'Waun Williams for two weeks and fined him for multiple violations of team rules."

How does an ankle problem make a player violate multiple team rules?

Did he wait right up til gametime vs GB to let them know he wasn't able to play? When

his ankle was hurt the week before? There's more to this story....

Just a guess - but needing surgery for bone spurs didn't just happen at that scrimmage at OSU.

It's possible he was going for one more paid season on a problem ankle, and couldn't hide it anymore.

Or, didn't want to.

HEY! Somethin ain't "accordion" to Hoyle, here, boys. 330px-Si_Robertson%2C_State_Farm%2C_2013

What are the facts? From where did the "facts" come?...A source? Mary Kay? NFL.com? (who reported our signing Jordan Cameron when he signed with Miami?) PLEASE!

We don't know crap, yet you guys continue to grant credibility to known gossip mongers! They may be right, but we don't know yet & has anyone heard of HIPPA?

Mike

As with almost all of this stuff, the truth is in the middle. The Browns would not have overtly suspended the dude for having a known bum ankle, don't be morons.

I see the scenario being something like this: Williams says he can play, realizes in the GB game he can't. Already feeling the pressure from Taylor and his potential depth chart demotion, he's probably pissed at the scenario. The Browns coaches probably fan the fire with a type of comment like "we understand you're hurt, but if taylor keeps getting the reps and you can't he is sure to be starting week 1". Williams gets pissy at that, says fine I'll retire or some crap like that and storms off.

The next day the guy realizes that was nothing short of stupid so he comes back around but has to "prove" he's pretty banged up and doesn't want to get shown up. Queue him not returning to the team, etc and thus the 2 week fine.

Don't be too quick to judge. I've had bone spurs before and didn't even know it untill I injured something else. Shoulder. Had em twice and the 1st time it was a torn labrum and bone spurs. 2nd was a rotor tear and bone spurs. Neither time did the bone spurs even hurt until I tore something else. He might not even realised something was wrong until they looked. He's probablly just running with the story now.

... and the injuries you suffered may have been due to compensating for the underlying condition.

Even if "aware" there's always the hope that "rest" will produce the cure. I put off my shoulder for nearly two years in that hope. But turns out torn labrums don't respond to rest.

... and the injuries you suffered may have been due to compensating for the underlying condition.

Even if "aware" there's always the hope that "rest" will produce the cure. I put off my shoulder for nearly two years in that hope. But turns out torn labrums don't respond to rest.

No they don't. And the rehab is tough. I wasn't compensating anything. I yanked it pretty good on a boat and dealing with a rope. With the alcohol involved at least it didn't hurt till the next day. The mri showed the spurs along with the tear.

No they don't. And the rehab is tough. I wasn't compensating anything. I yanked it pretty good on a boat and dealing with a rope. With the alcohol involved at least it didn't hurt till the next day. The mri showed the spurs along with the tear.

Mine tore in the third round of my association's golf championship... I finished the round (badly) and dropped out the next day.

Otherwise I lucked out and the repair was arthroscopically doable... So rehab was primarily comprised of sleeping in recliner for a few nites.

I take it yours took "the knife"...

Mine tore in the third round of my association's golf championship... I finished the round (badly) and dropped out the next day.

Otherwise I lucked out and the repair was arthroscopically doable... So rehab was primarily comprised of sleeping in recliner for a few nites.

I take it yours took "the knife"...

That and 2 days in the hospital. They took off the sling and it took my good arm to move the bad. I had nothing. Weird but not painful. I used my fingers to "walk " my hand up and down a friggin wall to start.

I hear you... went "to sleep" not knowing if the scope was going to get the job done. Classic prepared for the worst/ hope for the best scenario.

One funny story my doc had for me was that after I was strapped to the tilt table I was on, the crew turned away to do prep things while the table moved into position. As it did my arm flopped down under its own weight there was a loud "CRACK" as two-years of calcium build up broke loose. Startled the crap out of them...

That and 2 days in the hospital. They took off the sling and it took my good arm to move the bad. I had nothing. Weird but not painful. I used my fingers to "walk " my hand up and down a friggin wall to start.

ah, the old "itsy bitsy spider" exercise. My pt had me try that the first time, called it that, and

when I just looked at her, she lol'd.

I fell in the garden, in the mud, at night, and completely tore a rotator cuff ligment. When we went to see the surgeon the next day,

I could lift it a little higher, about 37 degrees, and decided I could let it heal ... the surgeon was looking at

my Wife, smiling, and shaking his head "NO". Surgery. Itsi bitsy spider. Giggling pt. But it was a great way to get the

arm to start working again.

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder what happened this year to create the rift....he was spot on his first 2 years....

My take is he wanted a second opinion and the team would not allow him to go get it. So he went on his own volition. Players gotta look out for their own long term health, cause the team aint gonna do it for them.....just add him to the pile of starter quality of players leaving in the largest mass exodus the Browns have ever seen....

We started the year with very little experienced talent....we now have none.....

It cant be close....Taylor stood out as "not looking good" in the game, which has been his issue since he was drafted.....Kwaun has a solid 2 year history of exceptional(top stuff) kind of play.....

The whole competition thing is just coach speak.....if he's healthy, it'll be kwaun

and Im really sorry to hear he could be down, cause we need him......

Totally agree Mud. K'Wuan's biggest challenge was staying healthy. It seemed like he got hurt real easy and often. I thought he was our 2nd best corner.

Taylor doesn't impress me as a tackler or in coverage yet. Hopefully that changes.

Archived