THE BROWNS BOARD

Weaponry

The Gipper

I began thinking about this overnight, and I can see where the Browns could....Potentially....have a fairly vast armory of weaponry. Potentially obviously being the key word.

Running backs: The Crow could potentially be a beast up the middle. Kind of a Kevin Mack/Mike Pruitt bruising RB.

The Duke could be the outside threat. Again, to compare, a Greg Pruitt/Eric Metcalf like talent.

Anything we get from Mostert, Watson, Winston would be gravy.

Tight Ends: Gary Barnidge was a Pro Bowl TE last year. Behind him, Telfer, Bibbs, Hamlett Devalve and Co. are all unproven, but surely one of that group should show up to be a useful, functional asset.

Wide Receivers: IF Gordon could get back to near his old form, IF Coleman plays to his potential, IF Pryor continues to look like the beast many say he has been in camp, IF Hawkins can play his role in the slot. IF Taylor Gabriel can continue to be fairly reliable, and IF a couple of these other rookies: Higgins, Louis, Payton can show some potential, this WR group could be more than defenses can handle.

And, in one respect, Ghoolie....believe it or not...is right. We do not need RGIII to be the Black Tarkenton or the next Steve Young. We need him to be the next John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Magic Johnson, Lenny Wilkens, Mark Jackson.

We need him to distribute the rock. His job will be to get the ball to these weapons. He needs to be the trigger, not the bullet. We don't need/want him to be running around and trying to take on tacklers. He needs to be precise, efficient, accurate, and mistake free with his passing. Certainly he will need to avoid pressure, but he should not be looking to run. Basically, he needs to mature.

As I see it, the two problem areas that concern me on offense that could derail things are the center position and the Right tackle. We lost two solid players there, and who knows what we have got to replace them. Cam Erving? Big question mark. And at RT...we may start a rookie.

So, because of that RG needs to get the ball out of his hands and into the hands of these potential weapons. And it will be their jobs to matriculate the ball down the field.

I only know one thing for sure about the Browns this year. Going into week 2 of the season we will be tied for the lead in having the #1 overall pick. ;)

(and we will also be tied for the lead in having the last pick in the draft) :P

Thats a lot of ifs... I think RG3 will be good. Im not worried about our receivers. If RG3 can hit these receivers there should be no problem for them to catch the ball. Running game im still iffy about. I like them both but crowell has been hit or miss. Can't have that.

I only know one thing for sure about the Browns this year. Going into week 2 of the season we will be tied for the lead in having the #1 overall pick. ;)

(and we will also be tied for the lead in having the last pick in the draft) :P

Say what?

How can we be tied for both when half the tams are 1-0 and half the teams are 0-1?

Z

Per one Las Vegas Book, the Eagles have a chance to be one of the worst teams in the league:

Philadelphia Eagles 80/1

Tampa Bay Buccanneers 80/1

San Diego Chargers 80/1

San Francisco 49ers 100/1

Tennessee Titans 100/1

Cleveland Browns 200/1

But, of course, there we sit.

(I think the Browns will far surpass what is expected of them)

New head coach, big roster turnover, it's a recipe for a high draft pick. So we could be in line for two.

You talking Browns...or Eagles....or both?

Don't forget: unsettled QB situation.

I personally don't see Sam Bradford being any better really than RGIII......does anyone disagree?

I'm far more concerned about team defence than I am about their ability to put up points.

This right here....... I too think the offense is going to be far better than just average, but I don't know how our awful defense is going to go from truly putrid, to even OK in just one off season.

"... far better than average..." Does that mean "good"? ;)

We only have significant questions at:

QB

RB

WR

TE

C

RT

Offensive optimism at this point is misplaced.

QB

RB

WR

TE

C

RT

God sake man, it's pre-season. Just let us have this moment until the crushing reality of regular season kicks in.

QB - Boom or Bust, big time

RB - No question, really - the two headed Duke of Crow will be doing its thing

WR - Question is who is our #2, out of Pryor, Gordon, Hawkins, and the rookies, behind Coleman. Not perfect, but definitely scope for excitement if one or more can play to potential

TE - Gary and the Kids.

C/RT - yes, questions, but also optimism that the line can't be as bad as last year

I completely disagree about optimism - I'm super optimistic about this group's potential. Maybe we don't score 30 points every week, but we will more often than we're under 10, there's every possibility the group clicks on a game by game basis.

QB

RB

WR

TE

C

RT

But, as noted, we have multiple options at pretty much all of those positions that could easily pan out to be good. Yes, there are question marks....but at least we have proposed answers. Sometimes in the past we did not have that.

You talking Browns...or Eagles....or both?

Don't forget: unsettled QB situation.

I personally don't see Sam Bradford being any better really than RGIII......does anyone disagree?

Ehhh...I think I disagree with that. I'm not saying Sam is a LOT better, but I do think he's the better option at QB. That doesn't mean that RG III can't have a better season, but if someone asked me which QB I wanted out of the two...I'd probably say Sam.

Ehhh...I think I disagree with that. I'm not saying Sam is a LOT better, but I do think he's the better option at QB. That doesn't mean that RG III can't have a better season, but if someone asked me which QB I wanted out of the two...I'd probably say Sam.

I think RG has the potential to be much better if he can get his act together. I don't think Bradford has the potential to do much more than what we have seen.

I mean, figure it out.....some people on here were all up in arms because we did not get the #1 or #2 QBs in this past draft. Remember....Bradford was a #1 overall, and RG was a #2 overall.....and neither of them have proved to be all that and a bag of chips. I have been of the belief that both Bradford and RG had better potential than Goff or Wentz.

"Act together" is not enough. He seems to have checked all the interpersonal boxes a certain Johnny Fuck Face could not even locate.

RG needs to show he has the mental tools to be a NFL QB....

Read... React... Execute...

... and do it a fuckload faster than it took me to type...

"Act together" is not enough. He seems to have checked all the interpersonal boxes a certain Johnny Fuck Face could not even locate.

RG needs to show he has the mental tools to be a NFL QB....

Read... React... Execute...

... and do it a fuckload faster than it took me to type...

Well....he needs to show the ability to read, react, and execute....in other words, he needs to get his act together.

QB

RB

WR

TE

C

RT

I'm betting that the offense finishes somewhere around 14th best in the league....... better than average.

I'm betting that the offense finishes somewhere around 14th best in the league....... better than average.

I'll take some of that...

still feel that way?

1st pre-season game, I'll wait till at least the 2nd pre-season game to cry about the falling sky.

Archived