THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Announces RG3 is the Starter

One Post

I was a little surprised that Poyer is ahead of Moore and a lot surprised that Drango Unchained is the man at right tackle already. Good for him.

Shon Coleman is still recovering from knee surgery... no? Taking it slow with him.

Hope Josh stays right where he is for a few years. Dude is a great back up QB and vet.

Love listening to guys bag on him, usually people that watch three games a year.

He was in the top 5 of QB's at the beginning of the season last year when he was healthy throwing to a midget squad, before Mikey P. fed him through the meat grinder and he still refused to come out.

Does he have a canon? No. Could be win a ton of games and keep you competitive? Yep.

I feel like being competitive is often overlooked... Sure you want that Franchise QB some day, but what happens when you don't have one and you play like shit all year? The rest of the team is stagnant and nobody progresses. And you get to watch 4 different QB's a year...

Giving Josh up for a 4th rounder that plays on the punt return team? Pass.

The top 5 of QBs at the beginning of the season? How? He got injured on the first drive.

You Whiney ass fucks.

What exactly did you expect? Jesus Christ himself isn't going to be a qb and it's that kind of a miracle to resserect this franchise. You bitch and moan about every qb then when you get one you act like he isn't deserving.

Who else? Who else is or was available to win games for the Browns. Ok say you draft one...it hasn't worked since the 80's for you. Ok. Get a hot FA with hardly any games under their belt and overpay them. Ya ok.

So RG3 comes in and you complain about the qb situation and McCown are you kidding me? He's hurt all the time too. Let the season play out because what your problem is ...you're so used to losing you count yourselves out before the game even starts, grow some balls and when something doesn't work out your way at least be accountable that you can't switch teams and root for a perineal loser.

I like the Browns but this negative thinking is driving me nuts!

Rg3 was the number 2 overall pick not too long ago. We owe it to ourselves to give him some game time and see if the geographical cure works for him. We've seen mccown bounce around enough to know that toxic situations aren't his problem. His problem is that he's a journeyman with journeyman level talent. Griffin has only played for one team and it's entirely possible that the situation just went bad.

We'll find out soon enough if a change of scenery makes Griffin the rookie sensation he was. If not, we draft one next year. We had our opportunity to draft a "franchise quarterback" in Wentz- and passed on the opportunity. It will remain to be seen if the extra draft picks we got were worth it.

If he hasn't learned to read defenses, and go through his progressions- that's a pretty accurate assessment.

If he hasn't learned to read defenses, and go through his progressions- that's a pretty accurate assessment.

And that is the key... something a "change of scenery" does little to improve.

My lone hope is that Hue cuts down the field with roll-outs as Shanny Sr. did RG's rookie year.

RG III earned it, and that's what matters to me. Players saw it, coaches saw it, and even many sports writers saw it. RG III improved to the point to where he was the obvious choice, and the most telling stat to me was when I heard that RG III hasn't turned it over at all during scrimmages or 11 on 11's. That is absurd. Has been perfect? Hell no, of course not. But has he been taking care of the ball and working his ass off? Yes.

RG III earned it, and that's what matters to me. Players saw it, coaches saw it, and even many sports writers saw it. RG III improved to the point to where he was the obvious choice, and the most telling stat to me was when I heard that RG III hasn't turned it over at all during scrimmages or 11 on 11's. That is absurd. Has been perfect? Hell no, of course not. But has he been taking care of the ball and working his ass off? Yes.

He slid and threw the ball away during the scrimmage. I thought that was different for RG3. He wasn't trying to be a hero and get pummeled.

RG3 will be fine.

After 2 years of ManHell, RG3 just being Fine is a good thing :). McC gave up his reps for the organization. The organization gave 3 the keys. Now It's on RG3 just to play smart football..

He slid and threw the ball away during the scrimmage. I thought that was different for RG3. He wasn't trying to be a hero and get pummeled.

That's a great point, too. Listen, I'm not saying RG III is going to throw for 4000 yards with 34 TD's and 10 picks, I'm not saying that at all. But I definitely think he has a chance to stabilize our QB position, and let's not understate the vast importance of that! We all know that much has to happen before we anoint him as the damn QB savior of the Browns, but it sounds like he's doing it all right so far.

I don't want people to place a whole lot of importance in this first or even second preseason game. The third preseason game will tell us a lot, and we'll have a good idea of what he can do. NFL coaches don't traditionally showcase a whole lot, and it will be pretty vanilla. I expect us to show even LESS than other teams because our offense will probably be some kind of a mix of traditional pocket passing and read-option. Yes, I expect several aspects of the read-option to play a significant role in what we do this year. Hue likes to get the ball out quickly, and if he can simplify the reads for RG III, we might make some noise.

Archived