THE BROWNS BOARD

RG3 Signs with the Browns

KillerInstinct3

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RG3 Named starter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000681529/article/cleveland-browns-name-robert-griffin-iii-starting-qb

"It's time. Robert has earned the right to be named the starting quarterback of the Cleveland Browns," Jackson said. "Since he was signed back in March, Robert has made it clear through his actions that he is willing to do everything that has been asked of him to earn this role. Throughout this process he has gained the respect from his teammates, the coaching staff and the entire organization that is necessary for him to lead our offense and really the entire team. Pep (Hamilton) has done an outstanding job with that room to get us to this point so we can make this decision at what I feel is the optimal time which enables us to best prepare for the regular season. It's now on Robert to show the organization and our fans that this is the right decision. Throughout the offseason program and training camp, Robert has shown improvement every day and we expect him to continue to ascend as he becomes more and more acclimated to the offensive system we will employ this season. I've been crystal clear on what we expect from Robert. He fully understands the responsibility and I feel he is ready to handle this role."

"I would be remiss if I didn't also commend Josh, Austin and Cody. Josh in particular has been outstanding throughout this process and all of our quarterbacks have worked well together. Their play, professionalism and work ethic has pushed the room to really improve the level of play at the position for our team."

now trade Austin to Dallas. I think you still keep Josh.

I'm happy with that. Davis has shown he can start in a pinch, and McCown's contract is up in a year, by which time Kessler should have matured in to at least a backup calibre guy.

In other news...water - is wet.

This is simply the audition for Hue and Sash whether we draft a QB with a top 5 pick next year. Possibly #1 overall.

Robert would have needed a disasterous camp to have not been named the starter.

All of that. This upcoming season will just be the determining factor in whether or not we get two players from the first round of the draft or if we have to move both to get in a position for a QB.

Archived