THE BROWNS BOARD

NYC to Cleveland

LondonBrown

I am looking at internal flights and they are coming up around £450?! That's more expensive than my flight from London!

I obviously wouldn't pay that so what would be the cheapest alternative to get into Cleveland on 11/15 and return to NYC on 11/17

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have sorted the flights now

Can someone advise me on areas to stay............and to avoid staying

So you probably figured out it's about an hour drive from Akron\Canton to Cleveland. The Hampton downtown is very good, and not horribly pricey. Downtown, you have to realize, most of it is safe- as is most of any major city. If you have a car, and want to drive there's a ton of reasonably priced places to stay off of I-77 and Rockside in Independence, nice area, lots of food spots- but about a 10 mile drive to the Stadium. Same deal, there also a bunch of reasonably priced placed to stay off I-71 near the Cleveland airport, with about an equal drive to the stadium.

7-8 hour car ride from cleveland to NYC depending on how fast you drive and the traffic at the bridges crossing into NYC.

rent a car and listen to christian AM radio driving through bum-fuck pennsylvania. god knows you'd think they'd know how to transmit an FM signal further than a stone's throw.

LondonBrown, you will never forget your first trip - I'm excited for you. Having made a few trips over the pond, my advice would be to pick the cheapest central downtown hotel you can find. hampton is good, Rennaisance is good but pricy, regency arcade is good, wyndhams is good, hilton garden inn is cheap and short walk into town also, Embassy suites is a bit further out but fine. you'll be golden downtown - you'll love CLE, it's a cool town and has great people.

Enjoy your trip

If you stay at one of the hotels near Hopkins airport or off I-71 at west 150th, I think there are 3 hotels there, you can take the train to the stadium. It is $5 a person, for an all day pass, and it drops you off right across the street from the stadium.

I hardley ever drive downtown. The parking is $20-$30 if you want to park anywhere near the stadium. Plus getting in and out of there is a nightmare. It will take you over an hour to get out of downtown, after most games.

A mile is 1.6 kilometers

Lol the funny thing is you can drive across England top to bottom in less than 8, and thats going all the way to Scotland.

Have a great time!!!!!

7-8 hour car ride from cleveland to NYC depending on how fast you drive and the traffic at the bridges crossing into NYC.

rent a car and listen to christian AM radio driving through bum-fuck pennsylvania. god knows you'd think they'd know how to transmit an FM signal further than a stone's throw.

James Carville with the best quote ever about Pennsylvania:

"Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other and Alabama in the middle."

A mile is 1.6 kilometers

Lol the funny thing is you can drive across England top to bottom in less than 8, and thats going all the way to Scotland.

Have a great time!!!!!

Maybe if they had "Motorways" (limited access double lane highways). I am not sure they have those all the way up. Some roads over there that are considered main drags we would consider rural cowpaths.

If you stay at one of the hotels near Hopkins airport or off I-71 at west 150th, I think there are 3 hotels there, you can take the train to the stadium. It is $5 a person, for an all day pass, and it drops you off right across the street from the stadium.

I hardley ever drive downtown. The parking is $20-$30 if you want to park anywhere near the stadium. Plus getting in and out of there is a nightmare. It will take you over an hour to get out of downtown, after most games.

This is the way to go.

You can get a ride on the rapid (red line) from Brook Park or W150th and not worry about finding a parking spot or getting out of downtown after the game. It will be the best 5 bucks you'll ever spend.

The Browns fans are the best, and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.

We have Motorways haha

Do they go all the way to like Inverness? That is what I am saying, that you can get around England probably pretty well as we get around here on our interstates, but you don't have interstates going to the furthest reaches of the country, do you?

LondonBrown, you will never forget your first trip - I'm excited for you. Having made a few trips over the pond, my advice would be to pick the cheapest central downtown hotel you can find. hampton is good, Rennaisance is good but pricy, regency arcade is good, wyndhams is good, hilton garden inn is cheap and short walk into town also, Embassy suites is a bit further out but fine. you'll be golden downtown - you'll love CLE, it's a cool town and has great people.

Enjoy your trip

I'm with Howie- stay downtown on your first trip over. Plenty of nice places to eat, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is right next to the Stadium.

I nearly died on the autobahn once the narrowest of narrow car crash misses.

Autobahn... schmautobahn...

Wait till you get a load of "Deadman's Curve"...

Archived