THE BROWNS BOARD

Talk To Your Kids About the SEC Myth

MLD Woody

You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.

You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing). Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't know how 10-0 is ugly? You're the one that said it was for Iowa. I was just copying what you said, with different variables.

Well, I was just copying what someone else said.

You look at numbers too much. Turn on the tape (or the news if you weren't aware of the Florida thing).

We don't get the Bama games here that much....only the big ones like LSU. Bama taking on the weak sisters of the SEC is just not that big of a TV draw here. This is Big Ten country, we get those games.

Bama would prison rape U of freaking H. I can't believe we're even discussing this.

Really, then why didn't they prison rape Ole Miss who plays somewhat of a spread I believe.

Lets put it this way.....even if they could do what you said, I would like to see that matchup.

Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.

My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?

All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.

Actually the SEC on CBS is a national broadcast. They were on it last week in a top 20 matchup which they won by 3+ touchdowns. They were also on it against A&M about a month ago. Both of those in addition to the LSU game. I believe they've been on it one or two other times this year as well. You don't see them because you don't want to see them. And that's fine, no one's putting a gun to your head to make you watch them, I just don't understand why you then come here and opine about them so strongly.

Like I said, I don't bother to watch them against the weak sisters of the SEC....and if you think Miss. St. is top 20, you are smoking some of that high cotton they grow in Texas. I am watching another, different better game probably.

And my opinion is based on this: They lost to a now clearly mediocre Ole Miss. An Ole Miss team that played the likes of Tenn Martin, Fresno and New Mex St.....that they beat, plus Memphis who the lost to.

And Bama's big win against LSU has to be put in perspective: Arkansas beat LSU too.

I am saying that other one loss teams have really done better.

Clearly Notre Dame has a "better" loss.....two points on the road to Clemson.

And other one loss teams also had "better" losses.

My high school runs a spread. I suppose that means it'd be interesting to watch them play Bama too?

All that said, Clemson-Bama should be an interesting game.

If it ever happens.

Miss State is absolutely top 20. Pretty solid football team.

I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.

Really? Show me on this list where they made the Top 20.....or the Top 25:

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/view-rankings

or here

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

I can't say it any more clearly. They're (Alabama) rated so highly because of the eye test. If you don't watch them (by your own admission) then it's difficult to discuss.

My eyes saw them get handled by Ole Miss on their home field. Their defense did look good in handling Fournette though. So its a 50/50 proposition on the eye test.

So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..

I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..

Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta. :(

So is Arkansas right here right now.. NOBODY in the Big 10 or anywhere near the top 4 wants to play Arkansas right now..

No, they will leave it to a MAC team to handle Arkansas.

I'm a Gator fan and I don't want to see those fuckers on my schedule between now and August 2016..

Bama will destroy UF in Atlanta. :(

Bama isn't in yet......they still have to take on Auburn....and mighty Charleston Southern (not that losing to them would affect their SECW chances)

Dude, you didn't even know UF was down their starting QB yet you are in here cracking on a conference you clearly know little about :lol: Right now, Now one in the Big 10 wants to play Arkansas.. NOBODY!!

The Big 10 wants to be the SEC so bad they can't stand it :P

Gipper has a habit of talking about something like he's an expert without knowing much about it. This wouldn't be the first example.

I can tell you the B1G definitely does not want to be the SEC though. Obviously not academically, not at all. Sure the football success would be nice, but through other means than how the SEC got it.

Gipper has a habit of talking about something like he's an expert without knowing much about it. This wouldn't be the first example.

On the rare occasion....but then on most occasins I talk about things that I know about that all y'all have no clue about.

I can tell you the B1G definitely does not want to be the SEC though. Obviously not academically, not at all. Sure the football success would be nice, but through other means than how the SEC got it.

Its the other way around.

The Big Ten has the money and the teams in the largest markets in the USA....New York, Chicago, Philly, Washington/Baltimore., Detroit....CLeve/Columbus/Cincy....Twin Cities.

The SEC has one big market: Atlanta.

So, the Big Ten has the money and the demographics. And the Big Ten has the National Championship......and it has teams every bit as good as any of the teams in the SEC.

And that is just football. Basketball wise, the SEC has Kentucky and then nada. The Big Ten has half a dozen major basketball programs.

Arkansas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

The next time an SEC school comes north of Lexington to play, let us know.

Even the big bowl games are played in the south.

Arkansas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen Arkansas play lately? or at all? They are playing some of the best ball in the country right now.. They possess the largest O line in football, be it college or the NFL.

Why the fuck should they? Given the taxing SEC schedule.. Seriously??

Have you ever given a second's thought as to why that is? facepalm.gif

Browns149, LSU went to the Carrier Dome. Good job knowing the facts though.

Gipper, having the largest markets doesn't mean the people there actually watch CFB. The SEC has the largest TV contract both in total and in per school, I believe. So all those markets are fairly worthless in comparison.

Yeah it would have been much manlier to play outside in New York in September. Oh, what horrid conditions could arise.

I am not fighting either way. But just stating that it is an indoor stadium. It just reconfirms what some people here are saying.

Also, you can get shit weather conditions in northern NY starting in September. Unfortunately, I have had to experience it.

Gipper, having the largest markets doesn't mean the people there actually watch CFB. The SEC has the largest TV contract both in total and in per school, I believe. So all those markets are fairly worthless in comparison.

This is because the SEC signed their TV contract more recently. When the B1G resigns, it will be higher.

(unless the giant swing of people moving away from cable and ESPN taking hits rolls over into these TV contracts because no network wants to take that big of a liability)

Here is some more info:

http://lostlettermen.com/will-fox-steal-big-10-from-espn/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-sherman-media-big-ten-spt-0312-20150311-column.html

The league's football and basketball deals with ESPN/ABC and CBS expire after the 2016-17 basketball season. Negotiations are expected to heat up soon, assuming they haven't already.

One thing is certain: The Big Ten should be in line for a windfall. The conference will get significant increases from its 10-year, $1 billion deal with ESPN/ABC for football and basketball and 6-year, $72 million pact with CBS for basketball; It also has a 25-year, $2.8 billion deal with the league-run BTN that extends through 2031-32.

The only risk here is if Fox or ESPN don't want to pay a massive contract because of the poor decisions made at ESPN. In that case, the B1G will be the first conference to get a "smaller" TV contract.

The B1G has a lot of major TV markets. It also has Alumni across the entire US. Those that live in SEC country may only have college football (for the most part), but the SEC love doesn't exist outside of the corner of the country. Michigan and OSU fans exist everywhere in the country. LSU and Bama fans do not

Arkansas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Have you seen Arkansas play lately? or at all? They are playing some of the best ball in the country right now.. They possess the largest O line in football, be it college or the NFL.

Why the fuck should they? Given the taxing SEC schedule.. Seriously??

What taxing SEC schedule?

THAT is where the myth lies. You SEC guys all act like dogs going around in a circle sniffing each other's butts telling yourselves how sweet smelling you all are, where in reality you are just a pile of dog shit.

Have you ever given a second's thought as to why that is? facepalm.gif

Warmer weather. That's it. Understandable.

Perhaps a higher percentage of people in the south watch college football (more of the areas....unlike the Big Ten, do not have an NFL team in their markets)......but more people watch the Big Ten.

There is no day in the foreseeable future that I would trade the Big Ten's market area for the SEC's.

The only risk here is if Fox or ESPN don't want to pay a massive contract because of the poor decisions made at ESPN. In that case, the B1G will be the first conference to get a "smaller" TV contract.

The B1G has a lot of major TV markets. It also has Alumni across the entire US. Those that live in SEC country may only have college football (for the most part), but the SEC love doesn't exist outside of the corner of the country. Michigan and OSU fans exist everywhere in the country. LSU and Bama fans do not

Big Ten school enrollment: 579,469 combined undergrad and grad

SEC school enrollment: 385,738 also UG and grad combined.

SEC grads probably are more likely to stay home in SEC states, same with Big Ten.

Though....Florida, with its snowbird population from Big Ten states, may come close to having more Big Ten than SEC alum there. Just speculatinig

According to the Tv ratings for last Saturday. The OSU vs MSU. Was the highest rated college game since OSU vs VA TECH. It beat EVERY SEC game this year

Instead of scheduling a D2 school in November EVERY year. Why doesn't the SEC play other SEC teams. They basically give themselves a bye week

Instead of scheduling a D2 school in November EVERY year. Why doesn't the SEC play other SEC teams. They basically give themselves a bye week

I suppose they say that they play conference games early in the season when the rest of the P5 are taking on their set of cupcakes. I would have to check the schedules, but that is possible.

Archived