THE BROWNS BOARD

Dan Gilbert

cambridgeho

On the cavs.com site. a little to late but pretty badass

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Ho,

You beat me to posting this.

I Am & HAVE BEEN a HUGE Gilbert fan since he bought the Cavs. He is, in my opinion, the best Sports owner we have seen in Cleveland since the '50s.

I commented earlier on his resolve to bring a Championship to Cleveland & this letter just shows not only his passion, but his courage, character, determination, & commitment to us, the Cavs fans.

Lebron, you BLEW it by leaving the best fans & best Owner in the NBA. He bent over backwards for you, & you didn't even have the balls to confront him with your decision......King?..NO!.....Princess?...maybe

Dan Gilbert....Cavs fans LOVE YOU!!!

Mike

Ho,

You beat me to posting this.

I Am & HAVE BEEN a HUGE Gilbert fan since he bought the Cavs. He is, in my opinion, the best Sports owner we have seen in Cleveland since the '50s.

I commented earlier on his resolve to bring a Championship to Cleveland & this letter just shows not only his passion, but his courage, character, determination, & commitment to us, the Cavs fans.

Lebron, you BLEW it by leaving the best fans & best Owner in the NBA. He bent over backwards for you, & you didn't even have the balls to confront him with your decision......King?..NO!.....Princess?...maybe

Dan Gilbert....Cavs fans LOVE YOU!!!

Mike

Sorry brotha but I was pretty excited about him doggin former numer 23. We have a great fan base, how do we not, we never have black out and we always get our hearts torn to pieces and yet we still come back every year optimistic. we as fans are very badass, we support whatever product that our city gives us. Im raising my Full Glass of Coors tonight to all the Cleveland Fans and hope you all know that we will be fine.

Lebron is a self absorbed traitor in my opinion. I don't blame Gilbert for venting on him. Cleveland has kissed Lebron's ass, given him whatever he wanted him, and he disrespected us on national TV. I think he will be the new king alright, king of the most hated in Cleveland, even surpassing Art Modell. Screw him.

Mo Williams tweets, READ FROM THE BOTTOM UP

mogotti2

The person that I feel most sorry for is mike brown. He is a really good coach.

Fri Jul 09 2010 02:28:06 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

Reply Retweet

mogotti2

Well, after I wake up in the morning its a new day and I can embark on the new journey in my life. Love all my fans. And that's 100

Fri Jul 09 2010 02:25:22 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2

On things u always see how the outcome of a situation happened. This is crazy wow. The big 3 in Boston were gettin old but they are young

Fri Jul 09 2010 02:22:59 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2

But in all reality as we see he was really considering the possibilty of leaving if he felt was the rt situation. Wow, when u look back

Fri Jul 09 2010 02:21:40 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2

I'm still can't believe he gone y'all. 4real no bs. I think we all took it for granted and thought it was a nobrainer and he was resighning

Fri Jul 09 2010 02:19:23 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2

We got to step it up now that's all. We will be good next year. And hearing our owner keeps me convinced.

Fri Jul 09 2010 02:17:55 (Eastern Daylight Time) via Echofon

mogotti2

The night of the unexpected. Who am I kidding

about 5 hours ago via Echofon

mogotti2

I know we all angry, mad, disappointed. But remember that's a triple double walking. Let's pray he have a change of heart 2nite. It is the

about 5 hours ago via Echofon

mogotti2

But we will make it thru. Fuuuuuuuuck

about 6 hours ago via Echofon

mogotti2

To have played with such a special player. We were so damn close. So damn close now we have taken leaps and bounds backwards. This will be

mogotti2

It in cle a whole lot more. But I have no idea what went on behind closed doors but I can sit here today and say that I am truly blessed

mogotti2

Love u bron and always will. I knowu made your decision for the rt reason but we could have got it done here and u would have enjoyed

mogotti2

Never see this again.

mogotti2

On national tv. But this was history so we might not understand the magnitude today. But when we look back on this, we might not

mogotti2

The only thing, and I mean the only thing I disagree with is.... If he knew somewhere else was the destination. He should have spared cle

mogotti2

I can't believe this is really real. This is surreal. So many emotions on one man decision. I wonder what is our next move.

via Seesmic

mogotti2

Well xxxx, I gotta be honest. I'm sick ass a dog. I feel like my heart has been pulled out. But I'm happy for my friend. Shittttttttt

about 7 hours ago via Echofon

On the cavs.com site. a little to late but pretty badass

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Holy Crap, that's fucking awesome!

I'm a bigger Cavs fan than I was yesterday.

Zombo

Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

Gilbert comes off more like an immature, cry-baby, internet message board dweeb than an owner of a major sports franchise. It's called FREE agency douchebag! If you don't like FREE Agency sell your damn team. You had 7 years to surround Lebron with talent, yet never added a legit star to play with him. Miami gave him 2 stars to play next to in a single off-season. And in case you didn't notice, your team is located in Cleveland Ohio. No stars are going to willingly come to Cleveland when they can play in Miami, LA, Chicago, New York etc... Even Bosh rejected a sign and trade to come there and play with Lebron. Without Lebron the Cavs will soon be a lottery team again. Their only hope is to draft well and land the next Lebron, who will likely bolt outta town the first chance he gets, just like your Akron boy did.

Gilbert is a total xxxxing tool and the laughing stock of the sports world this morning. I don't know much about the guy, but he has to be a Cleveland native. He comes off just like the rest of you self loathing morons who will never see a major sports championship in their lifetimes and has nothing but hate for all of the other cities who actually win something. A bitter, bitter little man full of hate and spite, trying to deal with his ineptitude by calling it a 'curse'.

Go back to your sister/wife steeler troll.

I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

I'd like to know just what the Cavs plan to do now, though.

I loved it. It was the kind of angry, let's-go-kick-ass statement Gilbert needed to make. Not some, "We wish him well" bullshit. Call it like it is: Lebron is the most narcissistic Judas in the history of organized sports, period, and he quite obviously will bring a curse on Miami Heat basketball for the rest of time. I might be understating that.

I hope they dont charge for admisson or food or beer when they play the heat, everyone will get drunk and save some money, and everyone in cleveland can boo the whole game.

As would we all.

I like the statement, though I do think it could hurt in the search for FA this year.

I have always like Dan Gilbert and have always had confidence in him to bring us a championship. I'm more excited to watch the Cavs rebuild toward a title without the self-appointed King than I would have been had he stayed and held this franchsie hostage for more wasted years.

The Cavs got a huge boost tonight. This is a great thing for the franchise. Let's roll ...

I'm a Cavs Fan ... South Beach is gay.

you know.....you've gotta be one of the biggest pieces of shit floating around three rivers. it's bad enough you go on the browns board and stir up shit but for you to come on this board after what happened last night and say anything goes to show what level a no-tooth-havin inbred degenerate douchebag will stoop to. go fxxk your mom with your cancerous fxxk-stick asshole! pa pissant!! where's your team? philly? ha ha da fxxkin ha ha!

Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said.

Anyone listen to the jackass hosting the Jim Rome show on the radio today? This board and that radio station are my only links to sports right now... He kept having Clevelanders call in, they got to speak half or one fourth (thats .5 or .25 for you silverback) of what was on their mind and then he started overpowering them with some kind of jackass music while telling them Lebron was right. Sadly in the few minutes that I listened, no one with a brain called in. I think a big portion of the people who are mad (like myself) are more angry about the way he left, not that he left. Am I happy to see him go? Yes and no. I would have rather he stayed... But to go around acting like a "King" when you haven't won shit.... We should have (and did) see this coming. I just thought he'd man up and stay. I would have never put any money on that though.. what does that make me?? Big Z and Andy have and always will be my guys!

Anyone listen to the jackass hosting the Jim Rome show on the radio today? This board and that radio station are my only links to sports right now... He kept having Clevelanders call in, they got to speak half or one fourth (thats .5 or .25 for you silverback) of what was on their mind and then he started overpowering them with some kind of jackass music while telling them Lebron was right. Sadly in the few minutes that I listened, no one with a brain called in. I think a big portion of the people who are mad (like myself) are more angry about the way he left, not that he left. Am I happy to see him go? Yes and no. I would have rather he stayed... But to go around acting like a "King" when you haven't won shit.... We should have (and did) see this coming. I just thought he'd man up and stay. I would have never put any money on that though.. what does that make me?? Big Z and Andy have and always will be my guys!

Hell, he could have manned up and left properly, giving us the time to get free agents etc. and I would have accecpted it a hell of a lot better than this.

Check this out,

Gilbert also owns FATHEAD

LeBron's Cavalier fathead price went from $100 to $17.49.

Benedict Arnold was born in 1749.

Awesome

are you for real with this?? I hope so... then again is that just so he can clear out all his old Cavs Bron crap? One would think...

Couple of things: 1. Gilbert is from Detroit I believe. He is not a native Clevelander (I am not even sure he lives here)

2. We KNOW that your opinion is purely one made for spite because you are a Pittsburgh Steeler fan. So, you completely lack any credibility. You mihgt not have this same opinion if a big player for the Steelers or Penguins pulled this same kind of BS, fair to say.

3. Your opinion of Gilbert will not be shared by many people. It is you who come out sounding like the tool. People will talk about what passion an owner has to make this kind of statement, because in fact, most sports owners would come out with their oh so politically correct, mealy mouth statements about a situation like this. If Gilbert had given one of those politically correct, mealy mouthed statements, you would have blasted him for that...because you are a tool and would have criticized his statement no matter what he said

1. I have no spite towards Lebron or the Cavs. I could really care less where Lebron played, but ESPN shoved the things down our throats all week. This may surprise you, but in general Pittsburgh fans could give a shit less about Cleveland or the Browns all but 2 weeks a year. We don't stoop to playing Browns logos on the jumbotron during Penguins games to get people to boo the way they do with Steelers logos at Cleveland games. I've attaneded a bunch of Cavs games over the years. It's the closest place to catch an NBA game, and I've gone there to see Magic, Bird, MJ, Shaq, Kobe, and Durant play over the years.

2. If a big player for the Steelers or Penguins left in free agency, I would realize it was FREE AGENCY!!! The team should have signed them before they hit free agency, or built a strong enough team to keep the player happy. If not, move on to the next guy. I wouldn't cry about it, or burn jerseys, or carry on like an idiot like people are doing now. Hell this year in free agency the Penguins lost their best defensman. Knowing it was FREE AGENCY, their GM ray Shero had a plan B, and went and signed the next 2 best defensemen available on the market in a matter of an hour. Good GM's have a plan B, not an excuse filled tirade to fall back on.

3. Gilbert comes off as an immature douche bag. The things he says, and the way he says them makes him sound like a little kid, or a chick who just got dumped by a guy. Talk about curses,and guarantees of getting a title before Lebron. It's pathetic, very over-emotional and irrational. Lebron doesnt owe you anything. He never asked to be drafted by Cleveland. He gave the Cavs their best 7 years in franchise history, the franchise did little to help him build a title contender, so he left for a better team in a nicer city. Any one of you would do the same. Hell, Florida is full of ex Clevelanders who got better jobs and moved away.

4. You xxxxing boo'd Lebron in the playoffs. Fully knowing he was about to hit the open market, you boo'd your hometown hero is a loser fashion that only Cleveland fan could stoop to. Then you cry about him leaving when you forced him out the door...

Hell, he could have manned up and left properly, giving us the time to get free agents etc. and I would have accepted it a hell of a lot better than this.

Amen. Can't wait to hear about all the behind the scenes stuff that's going to come out in the next few weeks.

This just in from ESPN- Bosh, Wade, and LeGone set this all up even to the point Bosh announced early, so Traitor could make it look like the situation was SO much better in Miami.

And more from ESPN- wanna know why LeBron turned down the Bulls, even though the NBA insiders said it was a better situation to win now?

Because Jerry Reinsdorf told LeBron in the sales pitch- Sorry LeBron, we ain't flying your entourage around on the team jet, and giving all your lackeys cush jobs with the team- we didn't do it for Jordan, and we sure as hell ain't doing it for you.

Archived