THE BROWNS BOARD

For those who could not support Donald Trump

There are a few different kinds, those who will always vote Democrat and those Republicans who fall into the never Trump category.

For those who supported another Republican but voted for Hillary in the primary like tex, what were the policies that your candidate brought forth and which of Donald Trump's policies do you oppose so greatly?

I realize many opposed the free trade and the trans-pacific deal.

If you could limit it to policies rather than just calling each other names. And when you're making your list try to keep an eye on how many are just personal.

For me at least a major overhaul of Obamacare, more border security, lots more, and tax reform. Not to mention a stronger military which seems to, at least now, be making some Headway against Al-Qaeda.

WSS

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The driving force of my huge support for President Trump...

focuses on his unwavering support for our 2nd Amendment, and our Constitution.

featuring, his kept promise of nominating a real Originalist Great American Judge.

Thank GOD he did that.

also, centers on the illegal immigration problem hurting our country badly. Pres Trump

has been going after ms-13, and criminal illegals. Can't imagine why the other obamao

dicktater invited them to flood in and do damage to our country.

The leftwing part of America is fighting desperately to keep us from having OUR president WE elected.

Build the wall, stop the illegal crime insanity. MAGA

Not a Trump supporter at all in the primaries but very happy I voted for Trump in the presidential election. His policies I see time after time as just being good common sense policies that put this country first. He saved the Supreme Court already from being taken over by left wing ideologue justices with putting Gorsuch on the bench who is a good constitutional justice.

I voted "none of the above". I didn't think the Libertarians would win but I was voting for more support of a third party I agree with the most.

Trump's promises of a wall (no problem with better border security) paid for by Mexico (outright bullshit) pretty well solidified my not voting for him. If the campaign promises were shenanigans from the jump, I presumed everything on out would just be cartoon nonsense.

I, too, voted Libertarian for much the same reason as Logic.

For me, it wasn't just the wall bullshit, but Trump's inability to articulate any policy

other than to say it was going to be "terrific/incredible/tremendous".

We went from "tremendous health care" to repeal and replace and then "who knew

health care was so complicated" to "replace only" to fuck it, I have a pen, just give

me something to sign.

And now we are being told to forget about health care, let's concentrate on tax reform.

Question: if he can't articulate the details of health care reform to the country and the

Republicans in Congress, how in the hell does anyone think tax reform is going to be

any better?

Actually Steve I did not vote in either primary since I have always been an independent. Of all the candidates I liked Ohio's Gov. Kasich the best because he supports a lot of the conservative things I value, but has sense enough to realize that working with both sides of the aisle is the only way to undo the logjam in the swamp. In prior elections I went with McCain for similar reasons.

As for Trump all my work in psychiatric diagnostic/treatment teams for almost 30 years had me convinced he has major psychiatric issues that make him unfit for that office. I had told my super-conservative John Birch level brother well before the primaries that Trump was incapable of being truthful about anything and that he could expect nothing more than a P.T. Barnum barker with no understanding of policy other than a bunch of meaningless diatribe to reel in the gullible with what they want to hear. The Obama birther issue alone should have warned you all that he hangs on to craziness despite all evidence to the contrary.

And the wall? You guys need to come down here and take a look at reality on the ground. The terrain alone makes it impossible and the cost will be a budget buster because we will never get a dime from Mexico. So that lie should have been self-evident.

EDIT: And my vote for Hillarity was only because I felt Trump had zero understanding of foreign affairs and his willingness to sacrifice NATO was just insane. And the Russians wanting him to win was proof to me that I was right. He has undone the work of decades with our allies in less than 6 months. That to me makes his illness "I know more than the generals" dangerous and fully within the reach of a 25th amendment removal.

Trump nominated an outstanding Justice to the Surpeme Court.

higgardly wouid not have.

as I've posted in the past, obaMao invited ms-13 and cartels and vagrants and

violent criiminals out of their prisons/sanitariums to come here, along with a lot of

other illegals who we shouldn't have let in.

Trump is fixing that.

The stupidass climate agreement - we tossed that rightly into the round file...Thank GOD and Trump.

Some allies are upset because we won't be the stupid redistribution of wealth to them, because they are playing

marxist policies to appease the left, and paying for devastating floods of immigrant, some portion of them being

scum.....and they want our money. mmgw is their key to get it.

I don't care. They can shove it if that is their idea of "allies". America might be made of money, but we are also

in 29 trillion in debt. That is very, very bad. Time to stop the watering of every needy country's garden.

I just wish TexAg would use his skills to eval ObaMao and higgardly's lack of mental health.

MAGA! Sorry Tex, I think you're worried about nothing. And it's good to put a little fear into fat boy's head.

I don't pray often but I sure pray you are right now. I don't trust Trump's mental stability any further than I can throw him. One good narcissistic insult could cause instant stupidity. I hope Kelly gets to hold the nuclear football. But when you put two unstable personalities at odds with one another, anything is possible.

I can't improve on Ag's posts... any of them.

And "Fat Boy" was so scared by Fat Man that he then threatened Guam... the new fashioned way... on twitter...

If you could limit it to policies rather than just calling each other names.

Can't imagine why the other obamao dicktater invited them to flood in and do damage to our country.

Nine minutes... cal is slowing down...

Where did appeasement and trying to buy off North Korea get us with Bill Clinton in the 90's? All that aid we gave them to try and get them to stop their nuclear ambitions was just money thrown away as they took the money and kept their nuclear programs going. We should have not used a carrot but a stick years ago and maybe we wouldn't have the mess there today? Instead of helping to prop up their regime with aid we should have placed severe sanctions on them....years ago.

"For all this, thank Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton. North Korea couldn’t have done it without their gullibility.

Back in 1994, President Clinton prepared to confront North Korea over CIA reports it had built nuclear warheads and its subsequent threats to engulf Japan and South Korea in “a sea of fire.”

Enter self-appointed peacemaker Carter: The ex-prez scurried off to Pyongyang and negotiated a sellout deal that gave North Korea two new reactors and $5 billion in aid in return for a promise to quit seeking nukes.

Clinton embraced this appeasement as achieving “an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula” — with compliance verified by international inspectors. Carter wound up winning the Nobel Peace Prize for his dubious efforts.

But in 2002, the North Koreans ’fessed up: They’d begun violating the accord on Day One. Four years later, Pyongyang detonated its first nuke."

http://nypost.com/2016/01/06/you-can-thank-jimmy-carter-and-bill-clinton-for-north-koreas-nukes/

to do nothing is solving a problem, if it's a dem appraising a dem pres.

but if it's a rep pres, and the problem is far worse, and he tries to do something

to actually solve it....

well, they say he's unstable, warmonger, etc.

I don't see anybody on the left denying that obaMao was unstable. But he is a dem, so they keep it quiet.

Well that didn't take long, unfortunately. Anyway I do believe we all have a tendency to pick either the guy we want or the guy we don't want and then start making the case for him or against the opponent.

I'll give one example since NATO seems to be a sticking point. Have any of you ever heard people from either side of the aisle decry the idea that the United States is the policeman of the world? And now the same people are outraged that the United States dare ask those who live under our umbrella of Defense to pay the tiny amount agreed upon?

WSS

Also if anyone cares to make the claim that we need a president who works across the aisle please take note of the resistance. Usually when that's brought up the best anyone can find is a quote from Mitch McConnell saying that he wanted to make Obama a one-term president. Compare that to the Democrat politics of today.

Then again my reason for posting this was just to see what any of you guys actually wanted to happen.

WSS

In all seriousness however, think about it. What would be a better way to take the news off of the Russian investigation then to start a war?

But who is the one always threatening war? North Korea. We know appeasement does not work with North Korea as that has put us in the mess we are in now. When Iran was claiming they could wipe Israel off the map Israel responded by letting Iran know they could be wiped off the map as well. It is time North Korea gets told that message as well. Instead of hand wringing we should bluntly and forcefully deal with North Korea. Hand wringing has got us to where we are now.

In the meantime building the best anti missile defense should be our highest priority.

In the meantime building the best anti missile defense should be our highest priority.

Exactly. But I'm betting that like every other prediction of North Korean nuclear attacks, like the pandemic reports almost every year that never come to pass, this is just the crazy little turd doing a dance to make the rest of the world freak out and pay him off. Previous administrations have proved that works.

WSS

Exactly. But I'm betting that like every other prediction of North Korean nuclear attacks, like the pandemic reports almost every year that never come to pass, this is just the crazy little turd doing a dance to make the rest of the world freak out and pay him off. Previous administrations have proved that works.

WSS

Let me check with my survivalist brother that used to fly those B-52's with the nuke tipped cruises. If he's restocking then so am I. Meantime they better put that anti-ballistic missile defense on speed dial-up at the top of defense spending programs. I do still have a survivalist kit in a large backpack that he sent each of his siblings during the economy collapse of 2008-09. Time to make sure everything works still. :D

Not to disparage your brother but I really dont take much advice from survivalists, just saying. But of course we should at all times keep every defensive weapon system we have up to speed and keep developing more. Demilitarizing the world starting with the United States is a stupid and dangerous idea. Trusting the lunatics is a stupid and dangerous idea. Middle East North Korea you name it.

The face of warfare has always and will always change.

WSS

Say, I've been making a bugout bag myself. Terrorism looms. Imagine if 9/11 included a plane

hitting a nuclear energy plant like they did at the Pentagon.

or, an emp goes off, and half the eastern seaboard has no electricity. What if they actually did it?

City water won't run. electric wells won't pump. Gas stations close. No lights, no communication...

I'm far from the point of wanting an armored truck to escape civilization in, etc... lol.

but, I've been gradually dehydrating food, canning a lot of tomatoes this year, learning herbs for food and medicine.

You could be on vacation and not be able to get back home. Learning more about herbal medicine, food in the outdoors.

What IF there had to be a mass evacuation of an area. Bioweapon went off, whatever.

Just seems it would be good to have some ways and stuff to be able to protect and feed your family and friends.

Knowing how to make a fishhook out of a crabapple or hawthorn thorn, eating any part of certain plants,

like the cattail, etc.... is just a small start, ya know.

One day, as a kid, we went with some neighbors and went fishing at a big lake. Stupid storm came up, it was a bit chilly,

but all of a sudden, the wind roared, blew us to the far side of the lake, rain roared, and hail came down... I think a tornado type weather

came through.

We were not prepared, It lasted for a half hr, and we were half frozen. We got home ok, and that's when I ordered my

Canadian Indian Guide book from the old Herter's catalog. Been learnin more about outdoor survival ever since.

Liberals tend to fake peace with money. They use it as a bribe, and as a weapon. Back in the day, they had this major

peace deal with the Soviets to stop all offensive bio-weapon research.

Except years later, they found out that the soviets simply make the deal, and went secret underground and invested

more money into offensive bio-weapon research.

North Korea has played dangerous games of dangerous threats, only to get more aid from the dems. Clinton/jimmy carter

were stupid. Carter even admitted NK made a fool out of him. All along, they have been getting more and more research

going on nukes, and whatever else they have going. They just go underground.

Iran, all of a sudden has wealth like they never had it before. Thanks to Obamao, the stupid marxist wannabe dicktater,

first one to be president in American history.

My concern is, forcing us to deal with dangerous provocations by iran and NK could get us distracted from immediate

military actions by russia and China.

China could blockade Taiwan, and/or Russia could go after the Baltic states, go after

all of the Ukraine, etc.

Putin is a seriously evil student of soviet history. That includes owning the breadbasket of the Soviet Union -

and the genocide of the Ukraine populattion. The soviets took all their food, and left them to starve and die.

It's one thing to be evil, and another to be evil and very desperate to take evil shortcuts.

Simply standing by, saying worthless words, while letting the world fall apart, invites another WW. Those who don't know

history, are doomed to repeat it. It's part of the world human condition.

I have to go flip hay out in the field....

Archived