THE BROWNS BOARD

ONE player that isn't Myles Garrett...

LondonBrown

...that you want to come out of this draft with, in this situation Garrett is the pick at one. Now whether it's 12, 33 or 52 etc doesn't really matter as long as it's semi realistic. Name a player YOU want to see on the Browns roster come the Steelers game in September.

ya Adams or Foster and if so Foster how do you line em up with collins and kirksy

Foster in the middle....100%...

Both Collins and Kirksey will do fine outside....Collins has already shown that....and Kirksey would have to return to his natural OLB role he played at Iowa....but I think he would be successful moving there and has floated over there numerous times in coverage and done well....

And, of course, Orchard is returning from injury and showed a lot of growth and promise his rookie year....no reason to think he wont content for that outside position too...

I bet we don't draft anyone with signs of character issues.

I'd like the best QB in the draft. I just don't know who he is. (perhaps the tallest strong armed QB)

I bet we don't draft anyone with signs of character issues.

I'd like the best QB in the draft. I just don't know who he is. (perhaps the tallest strong armed QB)

Hey...we already have the tallest.....Brock!....now if he could just throw like the Weed man we'd be there.....

Seriously though, sounds like your guy might be Mahomes.....

I will go first and it's Deshone Kizer, he has something about him I see that can be special, I would happily take him at 12

You're not going to like to hear this but I think Ghoolie is right yet again.

Five players most likely to take a tumble in the draft.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/five-players-most-likely-to-take-a-huge-tumble-in-nfl-draft/ar-BBAjdF4?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE13DHP

Kizer is falling down draft boards like a rock.

DeShone Kizer, quarterback, Notre Dame

Before those who analyze talent started taking a deep dive into the 2017 NFL Draft, Kizer was seen as a guy who, along with Deshaun Watson, might be the top quarterback taken this year. Fast forward a few months and not only will Kizer almost certainly not be selected in the first round, but he could slide all the way into the third round…or further.

Maturity issues are one reason. One AFC head coach reportedly thinks Kizer has “diva qualities,” and the quarterback recently waffled back and forth about comments he made saying he was like a mix of Tom Brady and Cam Newton (more on that here).

Then there’s the matter of his NFL readiness. His own head coach at Notre Dame doesn’t think Kizer is a polished product and says he should have stayed in school, which Kizer shockingly said he agreed with. His numbers from last season indicate this is the truth as well. Kizer led a team that went 4-8 while completing just 58.7 percent of his passes (yuck) and made some baffling late-game decisions.

For me its a late round guy 4th or early 5th Wyoming RB Brian Hill!!!

You're not going to like to hear this but I think Ghoolie is right yet again.

Five players most likely to take a tumble in the draft.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/five-players-most-likely-to-take-a-huge-tumble-in-nfl-draft/ar-BBAjdF4?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE13DHP

DeShone Kizer, quarterback, Notre Dame

Before those who analyze talent started taking a deep dive into the 2017 NFL Draft, Kizer was seen as a guy who, along with Deshaun Watson, might be the top quarterback taken this year. Fast forward a few months and not only will Kizer almost certainly not be selected in the first round, but he could slide all the way into the third roundor further.

Maturity issues are one reason. One AFC head coach reportedly thinks Kizer has diva qualities, and the quarterback recently waffled back and forth about comments he made saying he was like a mix of Tom Brady and Cam Newton (more on that here).

Then theres the matter of his NFL readiness. His own head coach at Notre Dame doesnt think Kizer is a polished product and says he should have stayed in school, which Kizer shockingly said he agreed with. His numbers from last season indicate this is the truth as well. Kizer led a team that went 4-8 while completing just 58.7 percent of his passes (yuck) and made some baffling late-game decisions.

The Steelers are looking to draft Kizer. That's all you need to know about him. Their next Big Ben

Foster in the middle....100%...

Both Collins and Kirksey will do fine outside....Collins has already shown that....and Kirksey would have to return to his natural OLB role he played at Iowa....but I think he would be successful moving there and has floated over there numerous times in coverage and done well....

And, of course, Orchard is returning from injury and showed a lot of growth and promise his rookie year....no reason to think he wont content for that outside position too...

you think Orchard will see the field when we're in the 4-3 barring no injuries to others? Frankly i don't see him competing for a DE spot especially if we draft Garett. The only role i see for him is depth at DE and perhaps starting at OLB'er when Williams wants to run the 3-4. I don't think he has a prayer of beating anyone out at the 4-3 olb'er spot.

Kizer falling to the third only makes him more appealing, in a draft class full of raw QB prospects who won't be day one impact players, getting a guy in the third frees up the first four picks for Guys ready to contribute right away.

Of course I'd love the guys who are no brainers like Adams or Allen, but being that it would take a miracle for either of those guys to fall to 12, my picks are all what I deem to be value guys.

guys at 12:

Marlon Humphrey, adds great versatility, has traits to play CB or safety.

OJ Howard, may not be available but another athletic freak with a complete game.

Hassan Reddick, great athlete to stick at OLB

2nd rd:

Malik McDowell. If he slides to the second rd I risk the "poor motor" knock (which I believe to be overblown in the first place) and run to the podium.

Zay Jones: complete receiver with great hands. First round talent that may be had in the second.

Josh Jones: athletic safety adds physicality to the defensive backfield.

Hopefully, it breaks down like this:

1:Garrett

12:Humphrey

33: McDowell

52: Jones

65: Kizer

This defense would be shitting on the AFC north within 2 years, Kizer could mature behind Kessler and Brick Cockwhistler and hopefully the Browns would be ready for a playoff run by 18-19.

Hey...we already have the tallest.....Brock!....now if he could just throw like the Weed man we'd be there.....

Seriously though, sounds like your guy might be Mahomes.....

Yup. That's what....measurable-lytics....tells me. :)

so tell me in your non Ghoolie personality........What is it that convinces you that Trubisky is a true #1 pick.

We've only rehashed this around 100 times since Mitch declared. Unless you've been living under a rock since January, you should already know why a good number of us are on the Trubisky Train.

If Garrett wasn't in this draft, it would be pretty easy who the Browns would be taking @ #1.

The one other player that I want and think we have a realistic chance of getting is: Marcus Williams (FS).

He's the most complete FS I see in this draft and he should be there at #33.

I hope we have a shot at Adams-Foster-Allen-OJH-and-more at 12, but not sure we will.

I like a lot of things about Reuben Foster (also some things I DON'T like), but the biggest issue with selecting him, is we really don't NEED to fill his position. NFL teams play on average 70% in Nickel, Dime, or some other DB heavy formation. We already have Kirksey and Collins, so Foster would be a very big investment for a player that is likely to be on the field for a relatively small percentage of snaps. That make sense? I could be wrong, and perhaps it would be Kirksey or Collins that grabs a seat during those situations, but I doubt it because both are above average in coverage (in my opinion).

Other than Garrett, I also love what Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker could potentially provide. They are different types of players, but we need what they both can do. I'd prefer Hooker's skill set, but his surgeries would make me somewhat nervous about taking him. Obviously if he's there at 12, which he WON'T be, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

OJ Howard is also a thrilling prospect, as he can be a mismatch nightmare, and also appears to be at least a decent blocker, with the capability of being even better. Howard, Barnidge, and Devalve is a very nice group of TE's. If Devalve can remain healthy, I could see him being a weapon. He showed some stuff at the end of last year, and the moment wasn't too big for him. That TD against the Ravens was quite impressive. Rookie to rookie....with Eric Weddle defending.

Watch out for Hassan Reddick from Temple. I know he's small, but there's just something about the way he plays. He's tenacious, fast, and could be a steal for somebody.

Marshon Lattimore would be one that I'd love to have as well. If his hammies are all healed up, he could be a day 1 starter and a guy that could chase away the ghost of Justin Gilbert.

WR Mike Williams could also be an instant weapon to the right team. I absolutely LOVE guys who "go up and get the ball", and that's something we see a lot of in successful NFL offenses. Very tough to stop when there is single coverage, and a definite boost to red zone offense when you can throw a jump ball to someone who has excellent timing, leaping skills, and concentration.

Lastly, another position we really don't NEED, but don't be surprised if Dalvin Cook is the best RB out of this amazing class. He's so much stronger than he looks, especially lower body power, and he can get to the edge or run off-tackle with the best of them. He also isn't afraid to catch the ball, and very seldom gets tackled by the first guy. "Explosive plays" are defined as runs of 12 yards or more, and receptions of 18 yards or more. Dalvin Cook had over 100.

With the #12 Hooker would be great, but I don't think he falls that far. I would also love to see OJ Howard on the Browns.

Second round is where things get interesting for me:

i'm hoping somehow Peppers falls out of the first round and the Browns use one of their second-round picks on him. I like his versatility and I think he would thrive in a Williams defense.

Kizer is intriguing, he's not someone who was placed on a great team and had to just not screw up to win. The problem was he was placed on a crap team and still couldn't drag them to victory. Still though, of all of this year's QBs I do like Kizer the most (or rather, I hate him the least) but I should note that none of this year's QBs really stand out as a "must-have" guy and I would prefer bulking up the other positions and rolling with Kessler.

All of this year's QB tape has some good things and bad things, there's no complete QB who seems ready to start in the NFL on day 1. Of the "top two", Watson and Trubisky; Watson relied on his good team to bail him out time and time again, even throwing how many interceptions against Ohio State the Tigers still came out on top, but it was more due to the poor OSU offense than any heroics by Watson. With Trubisky, here is someone who played against mediocre talent and when push came to shove, the Tar Heels couldn't rely on him to make the big game-winning plays. With watching Carolina games, I come away more impressed with Switzer than Trubisky. A lot of similarities with Kizer, what with not being able to drag a lackluster team to victory, except Kizer likely wouldn't cost a first-round pick. What makes people think that sticking Trubisky on the Browns is a recipe for success? Would he do any better than Kessler?

Archived