THE BROWNS BOARD

Hall of Fame Village Project

The Gipper

That would make the most sense to have the draft held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH... You start your career there and if you do everything right you could end your career there. nice.

That would make the most sense to have the draft held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH... You start your career there and if you do everything right you could end your career there. nice.

Excellent point.

Though, the draft is now becoming like the Super Bowl....a big event that NFL cities bid for. I like it. It had always been held in NYC for years. It was a kind of stroke of luck and genius at the same time that there was a conflict in schedule at Radio City Music Hall...or wherever they held it, requiring a move of venue. Then when Chicago moved in and offered to host the draft a light bulb came on and the NFL said:"hey, there is something in this idea of moving the draft around". A great marketing move imo. This year, in Philly. One thing they should do is to put the draft in cities that would not normally be candidates for the Super Bowl. Like Chicago/Philly/NE Ohio, Boston, Kansas City, Baltimore/DC, etc.

I have also been an advocate of this.

Excellent point.

Though, the draft is now becoming like the Super Bowl....a big event that NFL cities bid for. I like it. It had always been held in NYC for years. It was a kind of stroke of luck and genius at the same time that there was a conflict in schedule at Radio City Music Hall...or wherever they held it, requiring a move of venue. Then when Chicago moved in and offered to host the draft a light bulb came on and the NFL said:"hey, there is something in this idea of moving the draft around". A great marketing move imo. This year, in Philly. One thing they should do is to put the draft in cities that would not normally be candidates for the Super Bowl. Like Chicago/Philly/NE Ohio, Boston, Kansas City, Baltimore/DC, etc.

I like this thinking. Like have the draft in cities that play "in the elements" rather than in an air conditioned dome.

My thinking as follows given current NFL thinking: 1) No Dome=no Super Bowl & 2) Dome=no Draft. Seems to me that it might even the playing field to some degree & allow the "non bowl" cities & their Fans a chance to cash in to some degree.

Mike

I have also been an advocate of this.

I like this thinking. Like have the draft in cities that play "in the elements" rather than in an air conditioned dome.

My thinking as follows given current NFL thinking: 1) No Dome=no Super Bowl & 2) Dome=no Draft. Seems to me that it might even the playing field to some degree & allow the "non bowl" cities & their Fans a chance to cash in to some degree.

Mike

Except I read that the league is talking about having it in Dallas the next time they choose a location, because, well, they seem to want to suck up to Jerry Jones. Fuck him

$600 million dollar project, with hotel.

Rumor has it that the HOF has put in a bid to host the NFL draft.

Knew Benson was dumping millions into the Fawcett stadium, didn't know they were completely leveling it. Just as well- the last time I was there for my HS (Benedictine) State Championship game- the place was pretty much a dump. If they let Canton McKinley play their home games there- it will probably be the nicest HS venue in the country. They hold the draft in Canton, that's going to be one tough ticket to get.

What a boon for Canton, that's going to bring in millions of tourist dollars.

Knew Benson was dumping millions into the Fawcett stadium, didn't know they were completely leveling it. Just as well- the last time I was there for my HS (Benedictine) State Championship game- the place was pretty much a dump. If they let Canton McKinley play their home games there- it will probably be the nicest HS venue in the country. They hold the draft in Canton, that's going to be one tough ticket to get.

What a boon for Canton, that's going to bring in millions of tourist dollars.

They say billions, not millions.

Actually....it is more like Canton McKinley "lets" the NFL play there. It is their home stadium...it basically sits on their HS campus. Those current buildings you see behind the HOF...that is Canton McKinley HS.

"The @ProFootballHOF city is in the running, but I don’t sense it’s in the driver’s seat" @SI_PeterKing on Canton's 2020 #NFLDraft bid MMQB

The whole deal may not be ready by then....and since they haven't even said where next year's draft will be, why worry about 2020.

(but I do hear that they may hold one in Dallas soon....because Jerrah Jones wants it, and the NFL keeps kissing that asshole's ass)

I agree with what others say: hold the draft in cities where they won't hold Super Bowls. Chicago/Philly good. And sure...all the AFCN cities Balt/Pitt/Cincy...and Cleveland, though if they give it to the HOF that would cover NE Ohio.

Archived