THE BROWNS BOARD

Kyle Sloter is our QB target

jcam222

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted about this kid - I would draft him in the sixth round in a NY second. And as much as Kelly has an outstanding

arm in tests... I wouldn't have him on my football team - I think he's a problem/is problems waiting to happen.

He may very well be one of the top 5 qb's in this draft.

https://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/nfl-draft-2017-scouting-report-qb-kyle-sloter-no-colorado/

https://youtu.be/HZsVsskA8ak

I posted about this kid - I would draft him in the sixth round in a NY second. And as much as Kelly has an outstanding

arm in tests... I wouldn't have him on my football team - I think he's a problem/is problems waiting to happen.

He may very well be one of the top 5 qb's in this draft.

https://www.collegefootballmetrics.com/members/nfl-draft-2017-scouting-report-qb-kyle-sloter-no-colorado/

https://youtu.be/HZsVsskA8ak

After reading about this kid about a month ago, I started watching all the tape I could find on him, if we pass on Tribs, this kid would be my 2nd. chose, of all the QB's this year, has the size, the release, and down field vision, and seeing all the top 5 QB's needing a year to develop, don't see why not to take a flyer on him in the 4th., but he may not make it that far down, yes he is raw but all the other QB's are as well, I might take him in the 3rd. just to insure I'd get him......

After reading about this kid about a month ago, I started watching all the tape I could find on him, if we pass on Tribs, this kid would be my 2nd. chose, of all the QB's this year, has the size, the release, and down field vision, and seeing all the top 5 QB's needing a year to develop, don't see why not to take a flyer on him in the 4th., but he may not make it that far down, yes he is raw but all the other QB's are as well, I might take him in the 3rd. just to insure I'd get him......

Well, I would take him in the third too, if I felt I had to, and missed out on Trubisky. If Howard is there at 12... I just can't see

picking Trubisky, my favorite qb in the draft, over him. I would have to pick Howard. If I had to trade up into the bottom

of the third to make SURE I got Sloter in the draft, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

The last Kyle I remember at QB was Boller. nicknamed Kyle "could have been a Boulder". With a name like Sloter, It's Viva Las Vegas Baby!!(take Ghools with ya)

The Browns will take Garrett #1 and Black Tarkenton at #12.

Hue Jackson fell in love with RGIII, and he is not going to admit he was wrong........... SOoooooooooooooo, he will draft this cockeyed sonofabitch and we will watch him get destroyed running around in the backfield like a jackoff.

Meanwhile, the Jets will take Trubisky at #6 and get the steal of the draft.

You seemed to be locked on Trubisly. What jumps out at you about him? Just looking to see what you see about him.

If New England wants the kings ransom for Garoppolo then the Browns should be the same way with the #1 pick. I feel the Trubisky pick is a good one and we've been stung more than once but.....fuck it. If you can move to spot three and still land him that's awesome but if not then Soloman Thomas. Thomas is going to be the best player in this draft.

He's from Ohio and is white

Perhaps the best QB prospect to come around since Andrew Luck....or at least Jameis Winston.

Aaron Rodgers like skill in finding receivers while in motion.

Dan Marino like snap release.

Not Elway/Bradshaw like arm strength, but not far off.

Feathery touch when needed.

Quick decision making ability.

Good ability to read defenses.

Mobility. Not Michael Vick ...but maybe Steve Youngish

And he is white and from Ohio.

But, gee, so was Justin Zwick. And you know how we all clamored for him simply because he was white and from Ohio...and from Paul Brown's alma mater no less. (Massillon). So clearly that is what it is all about.

Perhaps the best QB prospect to come around since Andrew Luck....or at least Jameis Winston.

Aaron Rodgers like skill in finding receivers while in motion.

Dan Marino like snap release.

Not Elway/Bradshaw like arm strength, but not far off.

Feathery touch when needed.

Quick decision making ability.

Good ability to read defenses.

Mobility. Not Michael Vick ...but maybe Steve Youngish

No QB in this class resembles that description

Nor ever.

No amount of making stuff up can justify the boner you have for a guy solely because he is white and from Ohio.

As well as your lack of insight, understanding and recognition of talent.

You see a white guy from Ohio, only because that is all what you want to see. You go out of your way to look for negativity.

I on the other hand, having no such prejudice, simply see the prospective talent.

And certainly so does just about everyone else.

He is routinely expected to go in the Top 6. It will be a major upset if he slips past that.

But, of course, I and everyone else that sees that is wrong while you are omniprescient.

As well as your lack of insight, understanding and recognition of talent.

You see a white guy from Ohio, only because that is all what you want to see. You go out of your way to look for negativity.

I on the other hand, having no such prejudice, simply see the prospective talent.

And certainly so does just about everyone else.

He is routinely expected to go in the Top 6. It will be a major upset if he slips past that.

But, of course, I and everyone else that sees that is wrong while you are omniprescient.

You don't "see" anything. You take whatever opinion ESPN gives you and then paste it here.

Everybody "sees" a question mark of a prospect with 13 starts and rank him as either the best or second best QB prospect in a year without any real legitimate #1 QB.

He's "expected" to go in the top 6 because QB's of the top 6 teams are Kessler, Hoyer, Glennon, Bortles, Mariota, and McCown. Two of the top 6 teams are starting Cleveland retreads while a third (Chicago) might have a former Cleveland backup take the job at some point this season. Only Mariota is a decent to above average starter. Even Bortles sucks (ouch).

There are three teams in the top 6 that may have worse QB situations than us. Think about that for a second - worse than the Cleveland Browns.....a team that is the punchline of every NFL joke.

Trubisky getting mocked as a top 6 QB is not any sort of indication of his talent, it's a testament to how bereft of QB talent the basement is in the NFL.

Trubisky is an okay prospect with okay arm talent and okay intelligence and okay intangibles and just enough athletic upside to make you wonder.

If he were from anywhere else in the country, you wouldn't give a shit. The fact that you even mentioned him in the same sentence as Andrew Luck is a neon sign pointing directly to your hard-on for him.

You don't "see" anything. You take whatever opinion ESPN gives you and then paste it here.

I see just as much as you do. When have YOU been paid to scout for NFL teams.

That is ALL that needs to be said about anything here.

Everybody "sees" a question mark of a prospect with 13 starts and rank him as either the best or second best QB prospect in a year without any real legitimate #1 QB.

He's "expected" to go in the top 6 because QB's of the top 6 teams are Kessler, Hoyer, Glennon, Bortles, Mariota, and McCown. Two of the top 6 teams are starting Cleveland retreads while a third (Chicago) might have a former Cleveland backup take the job at some point this season. Only Mariota is a decent to above average starter. Even Bortles sucks (ouch).

There are three teams in the top 6 that may have worse QB situations than us. Think about that for a second - worse than the Cleveland Browns.....a team that is the punchline of every NFL joke.

Trubisky getting mocked as a top 6 QB is not any sort of indication of his talent, it's a testament to how bereft of QB talent the basement is in the NFL.

Trubisky is an okay prospect with okay arm talent and okay intelligence and okay intangibles and just enough athletic upside to make you wonder.

Because that is the conclusion YOU came to by watching ESPN.

If he were from anywhere else in the country, you wouldn't give a shit. The fact that you even mentioned him in the same sentence as Andrew Luck is a neon sign pointing directly to your hard-on for him.

Except, I simply said that he, in some quarters, is said to be the best prospect to come out since Luck. And that is true.

But then...YOU ignore those opinions that disagree with you.

So...you can choose to discount all those opinions.

Where I will make the choice to discount your opinion.

And I will feel absolutely fine for doing so.

No amount of making stuff up can justify the boner you have for a guy solely because he is white and from Ohio.

Feel like I need to step in and defend Gip here.

No way does he care what color Trubs is...

Feel like I need to step in and defend Gip here.

No way does he care what color Trubs is...

Nor that he is from Ohio. As I said, if that was the only criteria, I would have been all over Cardale Jones...or Charlie Frye....from my alma mater. I could have played Woody and have cream in my jeans for guys from just where I went to college. But I don't.

Though....speaking of longshot choices from my alma mater, think about this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jerome-lane?id=2558120

Of course, you all perhaps remember his Dad:

Archived