THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Board Draft ..... Players Picked By Teams

darren15

The #1 overall pick is different. There you can draft bpa unless u already have world beaters at that position. Would u really want them to bypass hooker if hes there for another DE that may not play much?

I would yes as injuries occur etc, I am a trust your board and BPA all the way person. Unless it's the QB position of course.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would think any of the other guys by virtue of 1 or more years of exp would beat him out. If nassib is in the weightroom at all this offseason he should easily be able to outperform all the rookies, garett included....at least at the beginning of the season.

Obviously I disagree...

Wait wut? This is "exactly" when we need ti drsft for needs. We cant let the secondsry go unadressed, nor the qb situation

How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...

And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.

Front to back... inside out...

How have I not addressed the 2ndary? Baker, Jones and Jones in consecutive picks. Even if we have to wait a year for Sidney...

And that's not mentioning the pressure the front 7 will bring.

Front to back... inside out...

Go back to 12 & your not getting Thomas :o.Would you insert Hooker, Foster or OJ? call it shits & giggles

Go back to 12 & your not getting Thomas :o.Would you insert Hooker, Foster or OJ? call it shits & giggles

Which of the 11 before me was replaced by Thomas? ;)

This FO is not collecting picks to just "fix holes" , it's getting as many as possible and picking the best player they can. No Browns fan can be a fan of drafting for "needs" right now!

While true, there are certain positions that are more needy for the Browns than others. The defensive backfield IS more needy than the defensive line. Even on the DL I think that DT is actually more of a need than a DE. And QB of course. OL was a need but they did a lot there in free agency. The one spot that is up for grabs is RT with like 3-4 candidates for that spot.

Its fine to take the best player...but as we often know....a team is only as good as its weakest link. We can have great guns all over the place (not that we do)....but if one spot is weak and can be exploited...it will be exploited. Maybe great players at other spots can cover up for a weak link a bit...but it will eventually be found.

I think even at DT we're more or less straight. We obviously have shelton and meder but then bryant, cooper, paea...both og and nas can slide inside on nascar downs and you'd have garett and either orchard or bring up collins to DE on those pure pass rush downs. Seems like a good d line rotation especially if ogbah and nassib put their time in during the offseason.

I think even at DT we're more or less straight. We obviously have shelton and meder but then bryant, cooper, paea...both og and nas can slide inside on nascar downs and you'd have garett and either orchard or bring up collins to DE on those pure pass rush downs. Seems like a good d line rotation especially if ogbah and nassib put their time in during the offseason.

Paea is gone. Signed elsewhere. And all the other guys you are talking about are listed as DEs or OLBs. So they would likely be playing out of position if they moved inside. Now, I know guys have done that, some great players like Reggie White and JJ Watt. But I don't know if these guys on this team have that capability. I think I would still like a DT in the draft. Maybe a Carlos Watkins.

I agree we need to possibly draft a RT either this year or next year at the latest. A guy that we groom to replace JT. Not sure if that guy is in this years draft or not

We have Coleman, Drango, Erving....all of whom may be in the hunt for the starting RT job. Then there is Pasztor...status: free agent. Whether or not he comes back to the Browns is up in the air.

This FO may want to audition these guys for that RT job. After all, the team has some pretty decent investment in them: Erving 1st round, Coleman 2d round, Drango..???round.

Og and nas are NOT olb'ers despite what horton

Attempted with them. They're not really DT's either except in nascar packages.

Didnt know paea was gone. So at DT we've got bryant, meder, shrlton,cooper....who else?

Paea is gone. Signed elsewhere. And all the other guys you are talking about are listed as DEs or OLBs. So they would likely be playing out of position if they moved inside. Now, I know guys have done that, some great players like Reggie White and JJ Watt. But I don't know if these guys on this team have that capability. I think I would still like a DT in the draft. Maybe a Carlos Watkins.

Og and nas are NOT olb'ers despite what horton

Attempted with them. They're not really DT's either except in nascar packages.

Didnt know paea was gone. So at DT we've got bryant, meder, shrlton,cooper....who else?

Except Cooper is listed at DE, and I don't recall him playing DT. They list Meder at DE too...but I do know he played inside a lot.

Again...all I can say it that the Gays for Gayrett may want to not choke on their sputum if the name of Jonathan Allen is actually called out at #1.

Just sayin'.

I got cooper as a DT too......same list as you Cleve.....

Obviously, Bryant can go both ways.....but with the 2 youngsters, plus(hopefully) Garrett....Id like to see Bryant move around and inside more....

And maybe a little Orchard at DE too.....

Gip....in the 3-4(which has been our base d) there are no DT's(hence none on our depth chart?).....so our listed OLB's are actually playing more of a DE.....and our listed DE's are closer to DT's.....etc......

So, now that our base will be 4-3.....Id expect these a number of these guys to be reclassified going fwd....

I agree we need to possibly draft a RT either this year or next year at the latest. A guy that we groom to replace JT. Not sure if that guy is in this years draft or not

Haven't seen him... not in this class.

Shon C. has a shot of replacing Joe down the road, but it'll be a ways. If we in fact do turn a corner in 2017 and continue to ascend in 2018, a healthy Joe ain't retiring.

So, now that our base will be 4-3.....Id expect these a number of these guys to be reclassified going fwd....

Bingo... 4-3 DEs I see rostered are: Og, Nassib and Holmes... and I'm not sure about Holmes. I think Thomas crushes that lot.

I got cooper as a DT too......same list as you Cleve.....

Obviously, Bryant can go both ways.....but with the 2 youngsters, plus(hopefully) Garrett....Id like to see Bryant move around and inside more....

And maybe a little Orchard at DE too.....

Gip....in the 3-4(which has been our base d) there are no DT's(hence none on our depth chart?).....so our listed OLB's are actually playing more of a DE.....and our listed DE's are closer to DT's.....etc......

I still think a four square DT may be a bit of a priority. Probably #3 after QB, DBs.

all I can say it that the Gays for Gayrett may want to not choke on their sputum if the name of Jonathan Allen is actually called out at #1.[/color]

Just sayin'.

I was in camp allen till i read his shoulders look like a 10+ year veteran already. All things equal i do beleive allen is better "right now", but garett has a higher ceiling.....maybe. And if we did draft allen id want him to take a substantial amt of snaps at DE where i think he's be bulling down ever tacklebin the league. Just those shoulders tho

I was in camp allen till i read his shoulders look like a 10+ year veteran already. All things equal i do beleive allen is better "right now", but garett has a higher ceiling.....maybe. And if we did draft allen id want him to take a substantial amt of snaps at DE where i think he's be bulling down ever tacklebin the league. Just those shoulders tho

Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

Ditto except for bulling... Controlling, then ripping and pulling or swimming here.

If his shoulders are bad then the ripping and pulling may cause him problems. I know that Mike Golic was saying that he had 7 surgeries on one shoulder and 3 on the other. So the position does put some strain on that area.

Bulling is sort of an inclusive word though isnt it? Guys that can bull the shit out of ol almost by def can stack/shed at will because to bull right u have to establish the stack first

Yes and no... one thing to stymie an OT... another to drive him back into the QBs lap which is more of how I think of "bull".

But I'm willing to chalk it up to semantics...

Yes and no... one thing to stymie an OT... another to drive him back into the QBs lap which is more of how I think of "bull".

But I'm willing to chalk it up to semantics...

Wouldnt u assume though if a guy could reg deposit an OT in the qb's jock, that he wouldnt have a problem controlling said tackle at the line?

This is what im not sure how good garett is at doing. A 4-3 DE in the NFL has to be competent at this otherwise the defensive scheme falls apart.

Edit: last paragraph talking about stacking/shedding not bull rushing. Ill agree that just because u can hold off a tackle at the line doesnt necessarily mean u'll be able to drive him back into the qb

This is what im not sure how good garett is at doing. A 4-3 DE in the NFL has to be competent at this otherwise the defensive scheme falls apart.

Garrett's pretty damn good, but not the all-controlling, immovable object Allen is. What Garrett lacks in shed he makes up for in burst to the RB once he commits. He "guesses" surprisingly little... as opposed to Clowney, who picked a side early and often at SC.

Garrett's pretty damn good, but not the all-controlling, immovable object Allen is.SC.

Thats my kind of DE tho......im hoping garett becomes that to go aling with his burst. He gets better at the power game its going to open up his speed game even more. The upper echelon of tackles in the NFL are too good for one trick rushers, even the likes of garett.

This is why bosa looked so fast around the edge at osu....tackles had to set up for his power game. He would see that and then swim/rip to the outside.

This is why bosa looked so fast around the edge at osu....tackles had to set up for his power game. He would see that and then swim/rip to the outside.

But is not the converse true as well... Does not an OT anticipating the speed rush set himself up for the club - inside rip/swim or the power burst?

But is not the converse true as well... Does not an OT anticipating the speed rush set himself up for the club - inside rip/swim or the power burst?

Oh yeah, and some of the smaller rushers like matthews are great at turning what looks like an edge burst into a straight bull. But stacking/shedding at the point effectively just ingerently requires not just strength but anchoring weight too.

Theres sub 200 lb men out there that bench as much as anyone in the nfl....but they would get "obliterated" in the NFL if they tried to stand and stack at the point against 320 lb tackles.

• 2 weeks later...

Some really good drafts here....lots of teams would be happy if they ended up with the players we all drafted ...

My thoughts on my drafts is I thought my Titans draft was better than my Buccs one

Yup... bunch of good ones and comparatively few clunkers, which will go unnamed.

The sneaky good one that really jumped out at me was the Jets...

• DeShaun Watson- QB
  • Gareon Conley- CB
  • Taylor Morton -OT
  • John Toth - C
  • Jonnu Smith - TE
  • Carlos Henderson - WR
  • Jehu Chesson - WR

Regardless of your opinion on Watson there is really great value in every pick after the first. Exception may be the TE, Smith, but I simply don't know him.

EDIT: Clearly London is hypercritical... ;)

Archived