THE BROWNS BOARD

Planned Parenthood

I don't hate you for anything young brother.

I don't think consent has anything to do with it.

As with every other view of morality if something pisses us off we think of a reason to call it wrong.

WSS

Sorry, brother, consent has everything to do with why NAMBLA is wrong. I've gone over this before, but children, while they're physically capable of consenting, are typically not understanding of the psychological problems child rape causes as they mature. Thus, they're incapable of consent because they don't fully understand the consequences.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, it seems to me that you guys thought terrorism was bullshit.

You know insulting anybody that used the term war on terror, or terrorist.

It was law enforcement responsibility as I recall.

Give me an example of someone on the left who said terrorism was bullshit. Since all "us guys" thought so, it should be pretty easy.

Give me an example of how we insulted "everybody" who used the term war on terror, or terrorist. Since we did it to everybody, it should be pretty easy.

Give me an example of someone who said terrorism was only a law enforcement issue. Of course, terrorism is a huge law enforcement issue, so I don't know why this is even some gotcha. But I don't remember anyone saying terrorism is only a law enforcement issue.

You just make shit up, and then go into definitional retreat mode. Don't get mad at me calling out your cartoon versions of liberal policies. You simply have no idea what they are, and should expect to be corrected.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/scott-thill/the-war-on-stupid_b_62754.html

And why would I be mad at you?

I'm sure you were aware of that attitude back then but of course I don't expect you to admit it.

WSS

Is this supposed to be a response to what I said? And who the hell is Scott Hill, or whatever his name is?

Try again.

But back to the subject.

So you are on board with anytime for any reason correct?

Because apparently that's what state law can allow.

WSS

No, I'm not. But restrictions usually aren't crafted well because they're crafted by people who don't really want to craft meaningful restrictions, but pick away at the fundamental right piece by piece. My belief is that post-viability abortions should be done only in cases involving the health or life of the mother, or in cases where there's a problem with fetus. In short, the decision should be made by a woman and her doctor.

And states have lots of different laws and restrictions concerning post-viability abortions, as Roe allows. I still don't know what point you're getting at, though I suspect you'll think it's important or relevant and I won't.

Why do you think NAMBLA is wrong, Steve? Or don't you?

It creeps me out.

It disgusts me.

Even makes me angry.

If that is going to be our litmus test for morality fine.

But that doesn't seem to be with you guys think.

And since arbitrary age limitations are different from country to country I guess there's no universal morality.

WSS

The whole adult-minor thing really does escape you, huh? Same with the idea of legal consent. Funny. Those seem to be fairly accessible distinctions for most of the adult population.

I hope you're never in a position to have to defend your version in front of a judge.

Oh I understand alright.

It pisses you off and by God if you dont want no queer messin with your kids.

I'm just saying it's arbitrary.

Other cultures have different ideas.

We all know plenty of relationships in which 1 of the 2 partners is more able to cope than the other.

Plenty of relationships 1 weak 1 strong.

But we don't care because that's not really the point.

Gives you a chance to be a tough guy like Bunker.

WSS

Oh I understand alright.

We all know plenty of relationships in which 1 of the 2 partners is more able to cope than the other.

WSS

Our culture, by its very nature is different. You look at parent/child relationships, for example, in our culture it's well-known that teens are a pain in the ass to deal with. Not so in other cultures. The reason it's like this is because our culture is sheltering. You look at children in tribes in the Pacific, and they don't have this relationship strain when they go through their teens. They'll have seen relatives be born and die and have it explained to them before they reach the age of 5. They're much more mature at 12 than we are. If you want to enact changes that you're hinting at (and I'm not saying you are), you'd have to change society itself. These laws, arbitrary as they may be, are here because they suit our society.

Do some of them bug me? Absolutely. But to change many of them would involve changing the very way our society handles things. No amount of legislation is going to change that. Things like that take generations.

Oh I understand alright.

WSS

You've got me pegged, Doc.

Nice post. In a real asshole-ish kind of way. The equivalent of a drunk sticking his finger in your eye.

And very convincing. You're right - the idea that an 8-year-old or 10-year-old boy can give legal consent to a grown man who wants to have sex with him is totally arbitrary. It's not based on what we know from developmental psychology, or biology, and brain development. In fact, it's a lot like a relationship where one adult has more power and can "cope" better than the other.

Those sex tours where American men fly off to Thailand to have sex with boys? Oh, yes. What a cultural experience.

One of your worst posts in a long time. A rather disgusting display of pique.

No, Heck, I think it's pretty convincing.

And there's no pique at all on my part, you're the ones acting like rednecks.

And any other case if someone feels a particular perversion is immoral you happily attack.

But this one pisses you off personally as it does most of us.

So you get angry when you can't find a real moral basis for your rage. Probably because some of you have spent so much time and effort making the case against most peoples morality.

I'm guessing you realize that and that's the reason you're mad.

WSS

Once again. you've really hit the nail on the head, Doc. I don't like gays, I want to be like Bunker, and now I'm acting like a redneck. Because when I talk about the basis for outlawing adult-minor sexual relations, you ignore it, and pretend I haven't given one so you can keep your ridiculous belief that all of this is arbitrary.

This kind of reasoning must really impress dumb people. You seem very proud of it.

Once again. you've really hit the nail on the head, Doc. I don't like gays, I want to be like Bunker, and now I'm acting like a redneck. Because when I talk about the basis for outlawing adult-minor sexual relations, you ignore it, and pretend I haven't given one so you can keep your ridiculous belief that all of this is arbitrary.

This kind of reasoning must really impress dumb people. You seem very proud of it.

Oh I don't think you dislike gays on an intellectual basis.

But as a father and a member of the human race I think you'd probably freak out if you thought someone was leading your own child down that path.

You might try to tell me that it makes absolutely no difference to you either way but I'd have a hard time believing you.

WSS

Haha. What the...?

I guess you don't know anyone like me, or you wouldn't say something so stupid. And you clearly don't know me. Nor do I think someone could "lead my son down the path to gayness."

And it also makes it tough to have a conversation when you refuse to believe the things I tell you are the things I actually think. This is your way of being able to continue believing what you already believe, even when it's not true.

You're in a real rut lately.

Oh I don't think you dislike gays on an intellectual basis.

But as a father and a member of the human race I think you'd probably freak out if you thought someone was leading your own child down that path.

You might try to tell me that it makes absolutely no difference to you either way but I'd have a hard time believing you.

WSS

Having a child come out of the closet does NOT mean you failed as a parent. That being said, I would prefer my children to be straight just so that they would avoid the ridicule from people like you, but I'd want my kids to be happy above all else. If they're happy with someone of the same sex, it is what it is, fuck everyone who thinks it's wrong.

That's generally my sense, even if Steve chooses to never, ever believe me. I have no control over whether my son will turn out to be gay. I have exactly zero problems with homosexuality. I wouldn't even begin to freak out. Not one bit. To the extent it would make my son's life more difficult, that would be my only concern. But it would never be more difficult in my house, or with any of the friends I keep.

If that doesn't allow me to stay as a member in good standing in Steve's human race, I'm quite alright with that.

The lie detector just went off, while I was reading Heck's ignorant and postured "indignation" posts.

Steve has his number, and he only wants to think he has everybody elses' number.

Ignroant manipulators (who may or may not get paid for such) need that power, as least

as far as they can pretend they have it.

The lie detector just went off, while I was reading Heck's ignorant and postured "indignation" posts.

Steve has his number, and he only wants to think he has everybody elses' number.

Ignroant manipulators (who may or may not get paid for such) need that power, as least

as far as they can pretend they have it.

What the hell are you going on about?

That's generally my sense, even if Steve chooses to never, ever believe me. I have no control over whether my son will turn out to be gay. I have exactly zero problems with homosexuality. I wouldn't even begin to freak out. Not one bit. To the extent it would make my son's life more difficult, that would be my only concern. But it would never be more difficult in my house, or with any of the friends I keep.

If that doesn't allow me to stay as a member in good standing in Steve's human race, I'm quite alright with that.

Actually I would admit that freak out might have been a little bit over the top.

Still I'd imagine that it's a very tiny percentage of fathers who wouldn't be at least somewhat disappointed if their son or daughter turned out gay.

WSS

You don't have any kids, right?

I have a son, he's just a baby now, but I can tell you I don't want him to be gay. Who would? It's a lifestyle that is poorly accepted and its met by heavy, demeaning and sometimes violent resistance by the ignorant people of the world. I'd love him no less if he were gay but its hardly what id choose for him.

Archived