THE BROWNS BOARD

Andre Johnson

Alkid3

Looks like HOU is going to trade Johnson soon. In my opinion we need to attempt this. At least offer something. Having Johnson in or WR corps would make it a legit squad. Gordon is gone. For those who still have that hope. It's been thrown out the window. What do you guys think? Discuss.

Looks like HOU is going to trade Johnson soon. In my opinion we need to attempt this. At least offer something. Having Johnson in or WR corps would make it a legit squad. Gordon is gone. For those who still have that hope. It's been thrown out the window. What do you guys think? Discuss.

TOO FUCKING OLD!!! MOVE ON

Depends on what we have to give up. If Houston demands a first rounder? They can go fuck themselves. A third, fourth or package of later round picks? I'm listening.

The guys been a consummate pro his entire career. Perhaps our wayward franchise WR could learn a thing or two from him.

At the very least, it wouldn't hurt to look into it and make a call or two.

Serious interest at the right price. One year rent-a-player. 10 year vet- and not worth either of our first rounders. Price TBD. He's probably carrying a hefty cap hit along with him.

would you guys do it for next year's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders @ 11M per year for TWO years and also that 1M he wanted back from HOU as a signing bonus IF he was genuinely convincing about coming here AND the contract language was incentive laden??

i would.

even though Haden-level players and above are capable of blanketing him, he'll demand being game-planned for and draw coverage opening it up for Cameron, Austin, and Hawkins.

= well worth it for me.

would you guys do it for next year's 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders @ 11M per year for TWO years and also that 1M he wanted back from HOU as a signing bonus IF he was genuinely convincing about coming here AND the contract language was incentive laden??

i would.

even though Haden-level players and above are capable of blanketing him, he'll demand being game-planned for and draw coverage opening it up for Cameron, Austin, and Hawkins.

= well worth it for me.

Way too much Sisky. I start at our third. I might bump it to a second based on performance escalators. I think the bidding will start at a 4th round pick.

i would.

= well worth it for me.

too much.

you could build a whole team with those picks. (well, at least have a good start at building one..)

i would.

= well worth it for me.

Too much. He's had hamstring issues, and those are scary in terms of being able to stay on the field. Wouldn't go above a third.

Andre knows he is nearing the end of his career and he wants a shot at a ring... now!

It's why he wants out of Houston.

It is why he would not report to Cleveland among many other teams.

I swear on the NFL channel, one guy said he may very well go for as low as a fifth round pick.

Given that he does not want to play for the Texans, they don't have a great deal of trade leverage.

I would take him with the right price. As noted though he may perhaps insist on playing for a contender.

Of course, in today's NFL one year's bad team is a contender the next year. Having a veteral WR like Johnson could be a missing link to make the Browns very, very competitive.

Sorry, but the Browns talent is as good as any other team in the AFCN, Johnson would help secure that. It is merely a matter of learning how to win.

And vice versa is true: a team that you think can be a contender can be a dud. What was Super Bowl contender Atlanta's record last year? 3-13?

I'm sure they'd be on his short list...

Panthers seem like a good fit.

panthers were my second choice............ on east coast

other choices would be denver and the champs (i guess) but what about indy?

He wants to go to a contender so the Browns are out of the question.

At this point he just want to go else where. He said a few weeks ago that he would report to training camp, but he asked to be paid his $1 million workout bonus that he missed out on. He figured that he had been constantly reworking his contract and taking pay cuts in past seasons so that the team could sign players, they they owed it to him (and if you look at it like that they do), but the team refused. That is why he is asking to be traded cause he now feels that the team doesn't really give too much of a shit about all that he has done for them in the past.

I think he goes for it, cause at this moment, the Browns look like the better team minus a WR. He knows that he can fill that hole and not just going to a team that is ready to compete without him, but to a team where he would potentially be the final piece of the puzzle.

Possibly, HB, but reports out of Houston are saying the Texans will not reward Andre for failing to honor his contract by trading him.

Could just be the Texans posturing early, but the longer they do, the harder it is going to be for Andre to go to another team and learn their system. And FWIW the one knock on Andre has always been that he was not the quickest study.

He wants to go to a contender so the Browns are out of the question.

Are you a dumbass who cannot read? No one can tell who is a contender right now, not really. Like I said above, the Atlanta Falcons were a Super Bowl contender....supposedly, last year. And they ended up 3-13. And other teams that were like 3-13 the year before end up like 10-6.

Are you a dumbass who cannot read? No one can tell who is a contender right now, not really. Like I said above, the Atlanta Falcons were a Super Bowl contender....supposedly, last year. And they ended up 3-13. And other teams that were like 3-13 the year before end up like 10-6.

Learn what contender means then come back and try to have a conversation. Not hard to pick out teams that contend on a yearly basis. Don't be such a dumbass and realize that. Are the Browns a yearly contender? No it's not hard to figure that out... Well, maybe for you it seems.

Learn what contender means then come back and try to have a conversation. Not hard to pick out teams that contend on a yearly basis. Don't be such a dumbass and realize that. Are the Browns a yearly contender? No it's not hard to figure that out... Well, maybe for you it seems.

That wasn't the question....it said Andre Johnson wanted to go to a contender, not a "perennial contender".

Teams have gone from 4-12 or 5-11 to win Super Bowls. Teams have gone from Super Bowls to 5-11.

And just who are these so called "perennial contenders"? The Seattle Seahawks certainly are not, have never been until the last year or so. The only real obvious one is the Patriots., maybe the Broncos.

Hell....one could say that the Texans, who have been in the playoffs now for like 3 years in a row are "perennial".

Teams that used to be "perennial" contenders, like the Ravens and Steelers sure ain't that now.

Please, inform us all who this magic list of perennial contenders is that we should all know about.

Talk about grasping at straws hahahaha... Pathetic gripper just pathetic. If you didn't understand what he means just say it.

It isn't a question of what he means....it is a question of how you interpret what he means.

You seem to be saying that he only wants to go to a team that now has a long recent record of winning. And I want to know who you think those teams are if you were advising him. And, fyi, the Seahawks would probably not be among that list...other than the fact that they won the most recent SB.

I take his meaning as that he wants to go to a team that can win now.....whether or not they have won much in the past.

So, I don't know, if we want that, why does he not just consult the Las Vegas odds of teams that are favored. Certain "perenialls" may not be among that group.

Archived