THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns Finally Usable in Madden 15

jfootball

Hi fellow Browns fans. Madden School just did their Cleveland Browns breakdown for Madden NFL 15 and they are finally a team that can compete in the virtual football world. Which players from the Browns are you most excited to use in Madden 15?

Personally for me it is Johnn Football but on a low key level I can't wait to see what those cornerbacks can do in Madden

Learn to play! Only problem I had ever playing Madden with the Browns was people quitting by half time online because they were getting the shit kicked out of them by the Browns! That was with Tim Couch as my QB and Dennis Northcutt as my go to receiver. Fuck Johnny Football!

so this is a topic for the actual browns board? because most of these 'gamer' threads are in the barber talk section of the forum as it really has no informative info related to the actual 'living' and 'breathing' team and org.

so this is a topic for the actual browns board? because most of these 'gamer' threads are in the barber talk section of the forum as it really has no informative info related to the actual 'living' and 'breathing' team and org.

Ya, Mik we allow the occasional Madden thread. What the hell, at least it is a football game.

For those looking for some interesting offseason threads, check out Westside Steve's Movie Reviews ... It has branched out into music and TV ... Good stuff in there.

Z

--couple more weeks ...

They actually weren't terrible to use back in M13 for the first roster update of the season. Weeden had really good attributes and Richardson was a beast.

It all went downhill when M25 started and Trent and Weeden both sucked.

WOW!!!

GREAT NEWS!!!

who gives a fuck?

HEY!! some of us have been playing with browns on Madden to secure some wins in the past few (15) years. Let us dream, let us dream man..... LOL.

The runnings have hands of stone. The other WRS are horrible. Not only that, the secondary cant catch either. They are always dropping easy picks.

You just have to tweak your sliders. Default madden settings are a joke.

The runnings have hands of stone. The other WRS are horrible. Not only that, the secondary cant catch either. They are always dropping easy picks.

Yeah, to win with the Browns, you've got to beat them with tactics. Benji, Little, and Bess not being able to catch a ball killed us irl. I set Whittaker as RB1 and Baker as the backup. Unlike McGahee, who belongs nowhere near the field, these guys are quick enough to be dangerous. Unfortunately, they rarely fall forward and are usually good for one fumble a game.

The Browns were a great team in Madden 25. Especially in franchise leagues. They were very young and therefore developed a ton. Gordon was a monster, even Little was Madden good.

Cameron was very good. Oby could actually become a great FB.

Just kick Mack to OG and find some OL.

The only issue was the 3-4, which isn't the best. You could put either Sheard or Kruger at DE though (and they were good LB). Phil Taylor could play in either scheme.

I turned Mingo into a monster MLB

Skrine is a very good Madden CB, Haden is amazing. Ward is good. both Gipson and Bademosi were great too.

NCAA 14 is (was) always a year behind in game engine improvements then madden. That's how their cycle worked.

NCAA 14 did play very well though. AND Denard was on the cover. I traded in all of my 360 stuff but kept that game

NCAA 14 is (was) always a year behind in game engine improvements then madden. That's how their cycle worked.

NCAA 14 did play very well though. AND Denard was on the cover. I traded in all of my 360 stuff but kept that game

Regardless, NCAA 14 plays way better. The games are more immersive, the players feel like they have real weight and inertia, the franchise mode aspects are superior, and customization options are better. NCAA 14 is my first of the NCAA series and when I tried to play Madden afterwards, I found it unplayable.

You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

You may just be discovering you like college football games better lol. Sucks for you though to join so late, the series will be on leave for awhile.

I've played every madden and NCAA extensively for awhile now. Both have their pros and cons. I've always preferred NCAA though because I enjoy recruiting. I enjoy that style of building a team and having free range on position changes. Being able to set formation sub's outside of the game was great too.

I know what you mean though, the game felt really good to play. Much better than NCAA 13. It was smooth and felt like college football.

Next gen Madden does play very well itself though. I'm excited for the next one, a game completely developed for next gen.

It sucks about that lawsuit though. I'm going to miss NCAA

My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.

My problem with Madden is that theyve completely ruined franchise mode while focusing on multiplayer, and I hate random multiplayer. Every year these guys find one unstoppable play and use it non-stop every game. They never punt and always go for 2, and usually get it every time. Meanwhile half the features in franchise mode dont work and the ratings system jacks the franchise up after year 2. NFL 2K5 was better than any Madden ever made.

I agree with you on the ratings system. The whole "scheme" bull shit really messes up everything, especially online franchises. I've been in an online franchise for 4ish years now and the schemes totally throw off player values and contracts when a dude could be a 99 in one scheme and a 72 in another.

I agree with you on the ratings system. The whole "scheme" bull shit really messes up everything, especially online franchises. I've been in an online franchise for 4ish years now and the schemes totally throw off player values and contracts when a dude could be a 99 in one scheme and a 72 in another.

Haha and if you went in and changed the scheme, it did absolutely nothing.

You just have to tweak your sliders. Default madden settings are a joke.

No shit. People think the RL browns drop too many passes. Along with that the AI pass coverage reaction time is OP.

Regardless, NCAA 14 plays way better. The games are more immersive, the players feel like they have real weight and inertia, the franchise mode aspects are superior, and customization options are better. NCAA 14 is my first of the NCAA series and when I tried to play Madden afterwards, I found it unplayable.

I really like the NCAA games, simply because I like the recruiting aspect, but unfortunatly it is going to be several years (if ever again) before we see another NCAA game.

• 1 month later...

Well. I see its a still a shitty designed game that rewards people for playing that bullshit, arcade style.

That said - the Browns have been usable for quite some time. You'd be surprised how far you can go by playing combo coverages (Haden in man) and rolling the rest of the defense away from him.

Helps to have a pretty solid Oline and two badass threats in Gordon and Cameron.

Archived