THE BROWNS BOARD

Is There Hope For Gordon? Maybe 4-8 Weeks?

darubes

miktoxic-they need to assign Manziel to him so he is only involved in money, booze and women until training camp when it all becomes pure football until after the last game of the season. Manziel is good at that juggling act.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

miktoxic-they need to assign Manziel to him so he is only involved in money, booze and women until training camp when it all becomes pure football until after the last game of the season. Manziel is good at that juggling act.

johnnie turns gordon onto the dark side of booze and white women.

god watch over his soul.

I know the kid is a great talent, but I'll be DAMNED if I pay to babysit an effin' adult! It's time for Joshy boy to be a man, IF he has the balls. If not, kick him to the curb & let a good man take his place. There is no place for boys on the Browns roster. Just my opinion.

Mike

Don't a lot of pro athletes have chaperons?

michael irvin and lawrence taylor somehow managed to get through their career without risking banishment........

reminds me of when i was in the army right before they started piss testing. those were the days.

gordon needs to find a body double who is on the straight and narrow to piss for him.

isn't eddie murphy available to do one of his bowfinger make-ups?

I remember when the baseball player Josh Hamilton got picked up by the Reds in the rule 5 draft. If you didn't follow it a few years back, 5 tool player and all the talent in the world, but snorted it all up his nose and never made it the majors.

So the Reds took a shot on him, and l guess the fear at the time was that with him finally hitting the majors and making extra dough, he might relapse. So they really did assign someone to him, l believe a relative of the manager, to keep him on the straight and narrow.

I guess it worked, but there seemed to be a negative side effect from it. There were rumblings about how other players felt like he got preferential treatment, or maybe he was a bad clubhouse guy, or something. It's the kind of shit no one is ever clear about in the media, but he was traded after the season.

And went on to become a star with the Rangers... and now the Angels. Both teams took to celebrating with ginger ale in support of him. So it doesn't sound like there were too many issues.

Josh H. still battles his demons and he always will. He got smashed a few years ago and reportedly was asking to buy some coke. And a couple years ago there was another time he fell off the proverbial wagon. To his credit he self-reported both incidents to the league and apologized to his teammates.

Oh yeah, he definitely went on to some success in MLB. It was the only example l could think of where a team assigned someone to keep him on the up and up though, and there seemed to be sone wierdness surrounding it.

It was a few years after the trade when talk radio was full of the "what were we thinking?!?" crowd when Marty Brennaman implied the stuff about preferential treatment.

Maybe Marty was rationalizing???

I can remember when the Browns hired Calvin Hill as a team councilor after he retired as RB. Was around the time when Chip Banks' issues with coke came to light IIRC.

Looks like there's going to be a movie of Josh's life.

is it a sequel to the dud 'HOW HIGH'?

LOL... my bad... the Josh I was referring to (poorly) was Hamilton.

Good riddance to the 1 year wonder. Too bad Banner couldn't dump him when he tried. He's a loser and always will be.

That's it. Keep in mind that his fantastic year in 2013 only netted us 4 wins. Is he worth it?

My answer......HELL NO!!! Send this dumbass to Joe Gilliam land, living somewhere under a bridge.

Mike

Remember when this shit only happened to the Raiders and Bengals?

Well he should let people know he was in town. I would have given him my number so he could call me so I can pick him up. He needs to find a new set of friends asap, one that will keep him on the straight and narrow.

Well he should let people know he was in town. I would have given him my number so he could call me so I can pick him up. He needs to find a new set of friends asap, one that will keep him on the straight and narrow.

Too late that ship has sailed

Archived