THE BROWNS BOARD

Hawkins Announces Retirement

wargograw

I would love to see Sashi bring him in on the Front office side. He's very bright, has a masters degree from Columbia in Sports Management. He has aspirations of a GM type roll. I think he could be a great addition as a guy with a FB background plus the analytical know how. Go get him Sashi!!

I would love to see Sashi bring him in on the Front office side. He's very bright, has a masters degree from Columbia in Sports Management. He has aspirations of a GM type roll. I think he could be a great addition as a guy with a FB background plus the analytical know how. Go get him Sashi!!

Columbia? He must have been attending while on the injured lists. Though...I don't know if our Harvard guys will abide a Columbia grad!!

Best of luck, Hawk... Nice thought on a potential FO role.

Sashi wins again.

It is becoming a pattern...

Troy P's a 1st-ballot HoFer in two more years. He personified "reckless abandon"... loved watching him play... even if he was a Steeler.

Yep, remember when they took out Carson Palmers knee?

That was Kimo Von Offerblubber something... I still think it was a clean hit...

Really a tough day when the news broke on Hawk today. As a Toledo Rocket Athletic Alum, 1 card gets any of us back into the walls of the locker rooms & weight room at TU.(small schools rule ;)) Hawk was a great track star at TU & the 1st to play dual position there in 48 years playing both ways at CB & WR from 04-07 in football. We crossed paths a handful of times hanging out with my Wrestling meat-head friends. Many of you may remember the video of his small son Austin getting locked out of the house at 2 years old & the boy Austin is still a trip & a half at 5 years old now. CONGRATS ANDREW HAWKINS!! Good Luck "Hawket d' Rocket" Listen for Hawk to maybe do some Sports Broadcasting(radio or TV) if the sports management don't come knocking first..Fly HAWK Fly..(and tell Austin am not the real Gumby dang it :lol:)

It was clean in Pittsburgh.

I see nothing wrong in that video.. Suck it up.. Injuries are part of the game.

I see nothing wrong in that video.. Suck it up.. Injuries are part of the game.

If I recall Van Oehlen made a dive for Palmer's knees. That would certainly be illegal today. Though, perhaps there is some issue about whether or not KVO was blocked into him.

For some reason the video would not play on here. (NFL copyright rules, perhaps)

Hawkins is a really awesome story that keeps going.

First, his journey to be an NFL player is incredible: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/31/2916411/the-story-of-andrew-hawkins-pt-i (that's part one, it's a long but cool read)

Second, the dude just got his master's from Columbia (with a 4.0 GPA): https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/05/20/andrew-hawkins-nfl-wide-receiver-graduates-columbia-4-point-0-gpa-general-manager/101918682/

Last, he's already noted he wants to donate his brain and other important organs to science. Best of luck Hawk.

Last, he's already noted he wants to donate his brain and other important organs to science. Best of luck Hawk.

As the phrenologist Dr. Mortimer said to Sherlock Holmes: "I would love to study your skull when it becomes available".

Mortimer - Family friend and doctor to the Baskervilles. Mortimer is a tall, thin man who dresses sloppily but is an all-around nice guy and the executor of Charles's estate. Mortimer is also a phrenology enthusiast, and he wishes and hopes to some day have the opportunity to study Holmes' head.

If I recall Van Oehlen made a dive for Palmer's knees. That would certainly be illegal today. Though, perhaps there is some issue about whether or not KVO was blocked into him.

For some reason the video would not play on here. (NFL copyright rules, perhaps)

It plays on youtube...

Not blocked into Palmer, but was tripped up splitting a double-team and lunged at the QB as he was going down. Simply caught Palmer with all his weight on his front leg following thru on a nice throw.

And it was a legal hit at the time... 2008. Combined with Tom's similar, straight-on hit in Week 1, they produced the "above-the-knees" rule voted in 2009.

On a lighter note the first comment on youtube is a beauty...

I give the uploader a lot of credit. Staying inside the house and getting this footage during an earthquake took balls

Gip... It really doesn't look malicious to Me.. I think its just being made more than it really is cuz its the stools..

That was Kimo Von Offerblubber something... I still think it was a clean hit...

Kimo Von Ostwalden. No, wait, that was my organic chemistry teacher. That fucking pussy couldn't tackle a drunk whore, or a drunk Zombo. He sure kne the IUPAC system though.

Gip... It really doesn't look malicious to Me.. I think its just being made more than it really is cuz its the stools..

Certainly the Steelers do not get the benefit of any doubts because of their reputation (not reputation....reality) of playing dirty. Also...as noted, this play would, today, result in a penalty.

Not that the penalty would be much consolation to a team that just had their star QBs knees taken out.

He dove for his leg.

Bettis was retiring after that 2002 season and Cowher on the hot seat. Pitt was in desperation mode. They also took out Bradys leg the year before but still lost with Kordell Stewart. Ghoolie called him the "Cockeyed QB" and predicted the whole 2001 season train wreck before the game. Some Pitt sports writer put his remarks in the Pitt paper, IIRC after they lost the game to NE. Steeler fans were so mad that they loaded up the van and drove to Ghoolies house in Memphis. LMAO.

Ghoolie called him that because there were rumors.....I don't know how substantiated...that he was gay.....and that he literally, not figuratively, had cocks in his eyes.

Not that there is anything wrong with that! ^_^

Ghoolie called him the "Cockeyed QB...

Steeler fans were so mad that they loaded up the van and drove to Ghoolies house in Memphis.

Ghoolie claimed Stewart hung around Frick park.

Ghoolie needs to get a restraining order...

The dude even knows where he lives.

Archived