THE BROWNS BOARD

Nfl Rumors: Banner To “Clean House” As Soon As Season Ends

tampadawgs

Unfortunately for us Browns fans this cycle seems unbreakable!

We will forever be in clean house and rebuild mode!

i say we look in-state for a proven college coach: bgsu. ohio. toledo. their HCs at least got someting going on. in the positive.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

report on espn.com this morning says that "the Browns are looking for a frest start". According to the article that rules out people like McDaniels. We are expected to make a "huge run" at Chip Kelley and Bill O'Brien, or search for a "bright, young NFL mind."

If that is all to be believed, that rules out McDaniels and probably also Gruden and Cowher (not that I thought either of them were really options.) It will be an interesting few days after we beat Pittspuke today.

Bill OBrien did a heck of a job at Penn St this year. As for Chip Kelly, we would be looking for a QB again. I wouldn't want anyone on this roster running his offense, Mccoy sucks, Weeden isn't fast enough and "The Champ" well who knows about him.

For a bright young mind in the NFL. I think you have to look at guys like Mccoy in Denver, Jay Gruden in Cincy, Ray Horton in Arizona or Gus Bradley in Seattle.

For a bright young mind in the NFL. I think you have to look at guys like Mccoy in Denver, Jay Gruden in Cincy, Ray Horton in Arizona or Gus Bradley in Seattle.

I would add Kyle Shanahan to that list as well. Haslam had to have been impressed by the game plan Washington put together and the adjustments they made to make Kirk Cousins look like Tom Brady with 4 days to prepare.

Do you really think Cousins is that much better than Weeden or was he just put in a better position to use what he does well? I don't think there's much difference between the two guys, I just think one has a coach and coaching stafff who knows how to get the players in the best position to win and to use the players strengths and one coach who is forcing his system on the players and refuses to adjust. Shurmer did it with McCoy last year and did it with Weeden this year.

report on espn.com this morning says that "the Browns are looking for a frest start". According to the article that rules out people like McDaniels. We are expected to make a "huge run" at Chip Kelley and Bill O'Brien, or search for a "bright, young NFL mind."

If that is all to be believed, that rules out McDaniels and probably also Gruden and Cowher (not that I thought either of them were really options.) It will be an interesting few days after we beat Pittspuke today.

Only a couple of years ago, McDaniels was the "bright, young NFL mind". It's amazing how that changes after a couple of shitty seasons in Denver and St. Louis.

I think McDaniels could be The Hoodie v.2.0, except offensively. He's very offensive minded and an innovator, yet he lacks people skills and wants to do things his own way. His first head coaching stint sucked major ass so he took a step back and I think he's ready to try it again.

I'm tired of passive aggressive coaches and players. I want swagger, damn it.

If you want swagger Chip Kelly is the way to go. But he has zero NFL experience. And he never gives up in a game, even if he is up by 50. He will keep trying to score

Good. Right now we have a guy that always gives up in a game. Even if he is up by one with three quarters left to go. He'll stop trying to score.

Bill OBrien did a heck of a job at Penn St this year. As for Chip Kelly, we would be looking for a QB again. I wouldn't want anyone on this roster running his offense, Mccoy sucks, Weeden isn't fast enough and "The Champ" well who knows about him.

Bradley would work wonders with this defense, I think they are going to go Offensive tho, Arians, Gruden, McCoy or Obrien

1356411497[/url]' post='319195']

With one game remaining until the "end of the season" that was promised before any actions were taken, Pro Football Weekly reports that the Cleveland Browns will waste zero time when it comes to revamping their front office.

Joe Banner is cleaning house as soon as the season ends. He's not going to waste much time. He's been researching this thing for some time. They are going to move fast to get their guys.

Black Monday will undoubtedly cast clouds throughout the league and has been the case through many seasons within the last decade, the Browns will be a major player in the season-end game of musical chairs as head coach Pat Shumrur and general manager Tom Heckert are likely to be relieved of their collective duties.

Given that the writing has been on the wall for quite some time, as Shumur is staring at a combined record of 9-23 over the course of the last two seasons, the operative piece of the sourced quote is "their guys."

Many names have been rumored to be linked to the (presently) 5-10 Browns in one capacity or another, including New England's Josh McDaniels, Oregon's Chip Kelly and Alabama's Nick Saban. Who winds up being the next name on a laundry list of would-be leaders remains to be seen. What is known is that team owner Jimmy Haslam prides himself on continuity — whomever is brought in to be the next hopeful savior will be the man here for a long, long time. At least until he isn't.

No Saban and no McDaniels. They both have proven they can't coach in the NFl. I wouldn't mind Kelly though.

Archived