THE BROWNS BOARD

Why hasn't this team embraced Osweiler?

Frenchie

...we withdrew our offer, which Pryor "probably" would have signed.....

I don't think you can support that. Everything I've read and heard said Pryor wanted a payday... now... and any multi-year deal had to include that payday. Clearly ours did not...

The one-year deal in WSH came when TP/Drew realized their dream payday wasn't happening in 2017. Therefore the next best thing, given that interested teams were down to one, was the one-year with a team where again he is shaping up to be the guy, the #1 by default, if not merit.

I seriously doubt TP would have signed a one-year with us, before we signed Britt, which was before they'd fully gauged the market.

And again, after Britt... superfluous... (I love that word...)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And again, after Britt... superfluous... (I love that word...)

It is a good word....

Yeah...Ok on the Pryor thing, I see your point.....didnt break my heart.....was always on the fence with him......which is where Ill be sitting with Britt too....

So, continuing my argument would be...(wait for it)....superfluous

Geez... all we need is a couple rolls of dimes and it's Super Bowl, baby!

It is a good word....

Yeah...Ok on the Pryor thing, I see your point.....didnt break my heart.....was always on the fence with him......which is where Ill be sitting with Britt too....

So, continuing my argument would be...(wait for it)....superfluous

Would have sworn since you are clearly not invested yet persisting that you'd have gone for.... WAIT FOR IT.... "Gippish"... :ph34r:

Would have sworn since you are clearly not invested yet persisting that you'd have gone for.... WAIT FOR IT.... "Gippish"... :ph34r:

Please.....Gippish?.....stop me if I do...

Im a bit more invested.....just need to see some strong picks and Ill be ok......

The shelton pick felt good, cause most of us were on board BEFORE the draft ...he was who we wanted....then we got it....

But, last years draft?.....none of that happened....So, id like to get back to that feeling we all had when Danny was picked....and that type of draft would get me going......Adams, Garret, Thomas, Allen, Lattimore, Foster, etc etc....lets get a couple....

...most talked about?.....pretending otherwise? I thought you said he had an impressive preseason.....my mistake.....

I didn't realize we were trying out for the high school debate team. Training Camp and preseason are often used interchangeably but not on your watch especially if it's at the expense of the last regime. - Flugel

I remember Josh Lenz being everybodies boy from that camp and Pryor having a hamstring injury the entire time....but I might be wrong(dont think so)

A few guys liked Lens and were disappointed when he got cut while a lot more in here seemed disappointed at Pryor getting cut. Most of the buzz and aw I read about from our fans and on www.clevelandbrowns.com was about Pryor in the 2015 training camp. He did pull his hammy but that regime cut the upsides of Pryor and Lenz and kept a 12 million $ bum the coaching staff never had any intentions of playing. - Flugel

Washington wasnt more generous....thats the point....

So who looked like the epic dumbass when the entire league showed him zero interest beside the Redskins who were losing most of their WR Corps? So when Washington says we think so much of you we'll pay you less than Cleveland wants to - you and Pryor think that was a compliment? God bless ya! Again, we competed with nobody to re-sign him late in 2015. He then started for Hue as a WR in a career saving niche gaining comfort and momentum in 2016 until... After just 1 year, for less money, he said "Fuck Hue" and Sashi said "No, Fuck You!" Sashi looked like the one that went to Harvard in that one.- Flugel

And Im not sure anyone has said todays QB situation wasnt the fault of the 2014 staff......though I see you screaming to give this FO a waiver for year one, while you continue to batter ram Farmer for his year one....seems you're preaching the opposite of what you're implying....

Touche. You mean like you only screaming about Gabriel getting cut in 2016 after his volume of 1 TD reception in 2 years inclusive of his receptions dropping down to 28 for 8.6 ypc in 2015. His yardage also dropped from 579 in 2014 to 241 in 2015 showing a lack of progress under the previous regime's second OC? I see why he wanted to go back to the same Kyle Shanahan that your idol Ray Farmer chased out of here. Only the new version had a Julio Jones stealing all of the safety attention while having a franchise QB in an MVP season didn't hurt that. - Flugel

Besides.....Haslam picked Johnny.....we all know it....Pettine finally said it....so, to me, that is 99.9% fact.....

So, Ray Farmer clarifying he was all in on selecting Johnny tells me what about his integrity that that cell phone calls down to the sideline didn't already slam dunk? Oh wait, you excuse those kiddy games but nothing in 2016 would be tolerated under your watch. - Flugel

And...even with the complete bust 1st round.....and only 6 picks overall....we still have 2 all-pro level players from that limited draft....So, just to be on par with that, we should expect 4 comparable players from last years draft(just to be equal).....and 5 comparable players to be one pick better.....

Who was an All Pro? I missed both of them? Farmer had 4 first round picks and 2 of them are out of the NFL already while the other is Cam Erving. I thought you belly ached about needing more impact in round 1? That only pertains to 2016? Ooops, not so fast, today I read you're okay with playing Russian Roulette with #12 overall if it's a guy coming off shoulder surgery who also got kicked out of the combines and failed a drug test? Yeah, we could really use that 12th overall draft pick for the purpose of keeping Josh Gordon company in suspension. Who would be the first guy in here to to blast this FO if any/all those red flags continued? - Flugel

Looking forward to that....

You're the one that's all about the day 1 impact so I count Johnny Manziel + Justin Gilbert as unemployed while Cam Erving won't be starting at best. Thank God someone got a draft pick from Pittsburgh for Gilbert. Now imagine if we only evaluated Shelton for his rookie year like you want to do with last year's draft class - we'd have to prematurely conclude we whiffed (which isn't the case at all if we look at his soph year). See why allowing a second season of evaluation can matter in some cases? I'll be rooting for both Colemans, Higgins, DeValve, Ogbah and possibly even Kessler and others to build on their experience while you are apparently telling me you are looking forward to our 2016 draft class doing worse than our 2014 class? You've cornered yourself into great expectations here. Enjoy... - Flugel

...most talked about?.....pretending otherwise? I thought you said he had an impressive preseason.....my mistake.....

I didn't realize we were trying out for the high school debate team. Training Camp and preseason are often used interchangeably but not on your watch especially if it's at the expense of the last regime. - Flugel

We werent....I was implying that he didnt do anything in camp or preseason....simple....

I remember Josh Lenz being everybodies boy from that camp and Pryor having a hamstring injury the entire time....but I might be wrong(dont think so)

A few guys liked Lens and were disappointed when he got cut while a lot more in here seemed disappointed at Pryor getting cut. Most of the buzz and aw I read about from our fans and on www.clevelandbrowns.com was about Pryor in the 2015 training camp. He did pull his hammy but that regime cut the upsides of Pryor and Lenz and kept a 12 million $ bum the coaching staff never had any intentions of playing. - Flugel

Washington wasnt more generous....thats the point....

So who looked like the epic dumbass when the entire league showed him zero interest beside the Redskins who were losing most of their WR Corps? So when Washington says we think so much of you we'll pay you less than Cleveland wants to - you and Pryor think that was a compliment? God bless ya! Again, we competed with nobody to re-sign him late in 2015. He then started for Hue as a WR in a career saving niche gaining comfort and momentum in 2016 until... After just 1 year, for less money, he said "Fuck Hue" and Sashi said "No, Fuck You!" Sashi looked like the one that went to Harvard in that one.- Flugel

And Im not sure anyone has said todays QB situation wasnt the fault of the 2014 staff......though I see you screaming to give this FO a waiver for year one, while you continue to batter ram Farmer for his year one....seems you're preaching the opposite of what you're implying....

Touche. You mean like you only screaming about Gabriel getting cut in 2016 after his volume of 1 TD reception in 2 years inclusive of his receptions dropping down to 28 for 8.6 ypc in 2015. His yardage also dropped from 579 in 2014 to 241 in 2015 showing a lack of progress under the previous regime's second OC? I see why he wanted to go back to the same Kyle Shanahan that your idol Ray Farmer chased out of here. Only the new version had a Julio Jones stealing all of the safety attention while having a franchise QB in an MVP season didn't hurt that. - Flugel

Besides.....Haslam picked Johnny.....we all know it....Pettine finally said it....so, to me, that is 99.9% fact.....

So, Ray Farmer clarifying he was all in on selecting Johnny tells me what about his integrity that that cell phone calls down to the sideline didn't already slam dunk? Oh wait, you excuse those kiddy games but nothing in 2016 would be tolerated under your watch. - Flugel

And...even with the complete bust 1st round.....and only 6 picks overall....we still have 2 all-pro level players from that limited draft....So, just to be on par with that, we should expect 4 comparable players from last years draft(just to be equal).....and 5 comparable players to be one pick better.....

Who was an All Pro? I missed both of them? Farmer had 4 first round picks and 2 of them are out of the NFL already while the other is Cam Erving. I thought you belly ached about needing more impact in round 1? That only pertains to 2016? Ooops, not so fast, today I read you're okay with playing Russian Roulette with #12 overall if it's a guy coming off shoulder surgery who also got kicked out of the combines and failed a drug test? Yeah, we could really use that 12th overall draft pick for the purpose of keeping Josh Gordon company in suspension. Who would be the first guy in here to to blast this FO if any/all those red flags continued? - Flugel

Looking forward to that....

You're the one that's all about the day 1 impact so I count Johnny Manziel + Justin Gilbert as unemployed while Cam Erving won't be starting at best. Thank God someone got a draft pick from Pittsburgh for Gilbert. Now imagine if we only evaluated Shelton for his rookie year like you want to do with last year's draft class - we'd have to prematurely conclude we whiffed (which isn't the case at all if we look at his soph year). See why allowing a second season of evaluation can matter in some cases? I'll be rooting for both Colemans, Higgins, DeValve, Ogbah and possibly even Kessler and others to build on their experience while you are apparently telling me you are looking forward to our 2016 draft class doing worse than our 2014 class? You've cornered yourself into great expectations here. Enjoy... - Flugel

eh....not gonna go through this whole thing again.....evry single time you go on rant, its about Farmer.....someone says something bad about shashi, you go farmer......no one here misses farmer...... as if Im some type of Farmer nut or something...so why you always go there is silly....but his ills do not erase this FO's work....they're just there for comparison, which is what I did when I pointed to Bito, Crowell and Kirksey coming from that 6 player draft.....and if that rookie draft was SO TERRIBLE, then this past years rookie draft should be WAY better.....correct?

Let's go on record(for the hundreth time)....I advocated firing Farmer....not the whole staff....I advocated tinkering and change....not a melt down.....this staff is getting those benefits and tinkering......and they are being rated on what they do....no matter what the previous regime did........

And yes....Gabe is better than the receiver we kept in his place.....dont know why you cant admit that....its not hard, its the truth...

ray farmer ray farmer ray farmer....yer a nut

Gips, the answer is in what you cut and pasted. But I'll provide some detail.

After a very impressive preseason here as a WR in 2015, Pryor was cut right before the end of training camp. All 32 NFL teams left him unemployed for about 3 months until Cleveland re-signed him so late in the season that the coaching staff was too uncomfortable to start him. The next coaching staff started him in 2016.

What I meant Fluges....is what was the monetary difference between what the Browns were offerering and what the Redskins gave him? I mean, was it a lot, or a miniscule amount. After all, I believe this situation all came down to money.

eh....not gonna go through this whole thing again.....evry single time you go on rant, its about Farmer.....someone says something bad about shashi, you go farmer......no one here misses farmer...... Im sone type of Farmer nut ofr something...so why you always go there is silly....his ills do not erase this FO's work....there just there for comparison, which is what I did when I pointed to Bito, Crowell and Kirksey coming from that 6 player draft.....and if that rookie draft was SO TERRIBLE, then this past years rookie draft should be WAY better.....correct?

Let's go on record....I advocated firing Farmer....not the whole staff....I advocated tinkering and change....not a melt down.....this staff is getting those benefits and tinkering......and they are being rated on what they do....no matter what the previous regime did........

And yes....Gabe is better than the receiver we kept in his place.....dont know why you cant admit that....its not hard, its the truth...

ray farmer ray farmer ray farmer....yer a nut

LMAO! Now, you're not going to go through this again? You were just kidding when you went after everything I typed with a fine tooth comb? And this comes from the guy that hates it when Gipper does this? I don't really recall him trying to be a douche to my opinion in here even when he disagrees with me.

I thought you wanted me to Mud wrestle before it turned into who had the best high school debate team tricks.

If you want to stop looking like Farmer's favorite Lancelot, that's on you. I wasn't even talking to you when I entered this thread right?

BTW, the last regular season version of Taylor Gabriel here under your preferred coaching staff had him at 28 rec 241 yards 8.6 ypc 0 TDs. He looked nothing like he looked under Shanahan in ATL with an MVP at QB and Julio Jones easing all other matchups.

As in erudite, magnanimous, insightful, endearing, sophisticated, brilliant....all that.

LMAO! Now, you're not going to go through this again? You were just kidding when you went after everything I typed with a fine tooth comb? And this comes from the guy that hates it when Gipper does this? I don't really recall him trying to be a douche to my opinion in here even when he disagrees with me.

I thought you wanted me to Mud wrestle before it turned into who had the best high school debate team tricks.

If you want to stop looking like Farmer's favorite Lancelot, that's on you. I wasn't even talking to you when I entered this thread right?

BTW, the last regular season version of Taylor Gabriel here under your preferred coaching staff had him at 28 rec 241 yards 8.6 ypc 0 TDs. He looked nothing like he looked under Shanahan in ATL with an MVP an MVP at QB and Julio Jones easing all other matchups.

I guess I could do all my posts Umadogg style:

Jane: You Ignorant Slut.

Mudfly: Eat my shorts

Flugel: Eat Mudfly's shorts

Tour: Eat Ghoolie's shorts

Ghoolie: Hell,you've already eaten enough people's shorts. Stop it. Lose some weight.

Umadogg. The shorts you have eaten must have been laced with LSD...that is why you are hallucinating so much.

Whatever...I simply contended that Pryor couldnt have had an outstanding camp and preseason, because he sat out.....and then repeated my perspective on how he came to be a Brown....nothing about regimes, good bad, etc....simply stated this FO didnt/couldnt retain him....which is fact...

The rest is you ranting about Farmer and previous regimes, etc etc....nothing to do with my point or the coversation....then I replied and here we are.....

Nope....I weighed into the convo...questioned you on one point....and you kinda flipped out///actually...

BTW, the last regular season version of Taylor Gabriel here under your preferred coaching staff had him at 28 rec 241 yards 8.6 ypc 0 TDs. He looked nothing like he looked under Shanahan in ATL with an MVP at QB and Julio Jones easing all other matchups.

Hey whatever....I like Gabriel and you cant seem to handle that, otherwise you wouldnt keep bringing it up.... (I know I didnt)....I certainly have a right to like one player over another...dont I?

I guess I could do all my posts Umadogg style:

Jane: You Ignorant Slut.

Mudfly: Eat my shorts

Flugel: Eat Mudfly's shorts

Tour: Eat Ghoolie's shorts

Ghoolie: Hell,you've already eaten enough people's shorts. Stop it. Lose some weight.

Umadogg. The shorts you have eaten must have been laced with LSD...that is why you are hallucinating so much.

Maybe your best Gipperish ever :lol: LMAO! The Moneyballer's committed to a building of picks of the Re-Boot over talent in 16..Not this Draft..Pryor bet on himself, A QB (same time 1 year) & a team built to win now..Get Screwed Rosenhaus

Well....you KNOW that this is the season for blowing smoke up one's ass....and that the "lack of interest" in BO....may just be that...smoke and bullshit.

Believe it or not...this is a very interesting video.

flipping awesome and you know sometimes I wear my hair in pig tails which go's along with more useless information

Archived