THE BROWNS BOARD

Bell suspended four games?

gftChris

Didn't Bell already serve one 4 game suspension for drugs.....in that little fiasco with him and Blount doing blunts in a car?

If so, why would his second violation only be for 4 games.

As noted elsewhere....doing a little dope has already cost Gordon like two seasons. Why would Bell get off this leniently for his second offense? And apparently missing tests is the same as failing them, no? (or....correct me if I am wrong.)

I wonder if "missing" a test, or tests, could somehow be less of an offense than a diluted sample?

Somehow someway steeler nation will blame this on Vontaze Burfict.

Sold Bell the weed?

Dirty, cheating, dope-smoking bastard.

Zombo

LOL..Squealer out of this one bitch..League notified of test?, bye bye Bell. I think Blount was operating the vehicle Gip, but your right..

I wonder if "missing" a test, or tests, could somehow be less of an offense than a diluted sample?

Sold Bell the weed?

Har- it ain't. Missing a drug test counts as a fail. Hey Vagitron- you got a Josh Gordon on your hands.

how dare they suspend a steeler. re-instate him immediately goodell....

No, again....I ask....this guy is facing at least his second offense. And they only give him 4 games.

Yet they gave Gordon an entire year for his second offense......and are continuing to threaten to keep him out.

Again....where is the equity here. How are the cases different to warrant such divergent treatment?

Heck....why is Bell being treated differently than his teammate Martavis Bryant.

Why would not Jimmy Haslam be screaming bloody murder over this apparently clear favoritism toward a Steeler player.

And of course, the greater question: why are they still bothering to test for marijuana or alcohol at all?

I think the best equity in these situations would have been to have let it all go......but as long as they do have this rule, they should be equitable, and in this case it does not appear that they are.

Can anyone explain it?

No, again....I ask....this guy is facing at least his second offense. And they only give him 4 games.

Yet they gave Gordon an entire year for his second offense......and are continuing to threaten to keep him out.

Again....where is the equity here. How are the cases different to warrant such divergent treatment?

Heck....why is Bell being treated differently than his teammate Martavis Bryant.

Why would not Jimmy Haslam be screaming bloody murder over this apparently clear favoritism toward a Steeler player.

And of course, the greater question: why are they still bothering to test for marijuana or alcohol at all?

I think the best equity in these situations would have been to have let it all go......but as long as they do have this rule, they should be equitable, and in this case it does not appear that they are.

Can anyone explain it?

It's favoritism.

Perhaps you have heard of Daryl Washington LB Arizona Cardinals. He was suspended and never returned or herd from again. But at the same time the Patriots continue to get caught cheating and get away with it. It's a shame for Tom Brady huh?

Some teams get special treatment. Even if this special player gets suspended its a no wait situation for him. It wouldn't suprise me at all if Gordon is never heard from again.

Don't forget the rules have changed since Gordon's suspensions. Bell was in stage 1 - got a 4 game suspension for violating it, then was in stage two and this happened, so a four game suspension. Now he'll probably be in stage 3, meaning a 10-game suspension for weed plus a treatment program etc etc

Don't forget the rules have changed since Gordon's suspensions. Bell was in stage 1 - got a 4 game suspension for violating it, then was in stage two and this happened, so a four game suspension. Now he'll probably be in stage 3, meaning a 10-game suspension for weed plus a treatment program etc etc

so...it is arbitrary. Just depends on when you get caught.

so...it is arbitrary. Just depends on when you get caught.

Not arbitrary, but it does indeed depend on when you get caught. As in, if it's before the rules changed, it's the old rules, then after, it's the new rules.

I bet the steelers knew, a couple years ago when the rules changed, that Bell would get suspended a few times and changed the rules just to save him, but late enough to screw over Gordon...yeah, that's like it :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain it?

Yeah Gip. Gordon got the year for

1) 1st bust- weed

2) 2nd bust- purple drank

3) 3rd was for the damn drink on the plane.

That was his third fail- and showing up with a diluted piss test this spring didn't help his cause. Severe punishment for piddly stuff- but them's the rules. But you only get 2 games for beating the shit out of your girl friend.

Bell is in stage two- at least. He had one suspension reduced- and to be fair, so did Gordon.

Bell's next suspension will cost him 10 games.

Archived