THE BROWNS BOARD

Connor Shaw Waived

Zombo

LOL! Bad wording on my part Steve. I know you don't hate the guy - you already told me that.

The main reason I posted that was the irony of me seeing a future here for Shaw and less than a week later Hue saw what you saw.

Except for RG3 and Kaepernick!

:o

WSS

Yep...Shaw was a pretty likable guy....hard worker, fearless player and a winner.......with limitations. All our years of losing(and less than average players) have allowed us to grasp at players like him, hoping they're the next great find......but.....in truth.....the fact that his is gone adds hope that we have gotten better at the QB position.......fingers crossed...

Yep...Shaw was a pretty likable guy....hard worker, fearless player and a winner.......with limitations. All our years of losing(and less than average players) have allowed us to grasp at players like him, hoping they're the next great find......but.....in truth.....the fact that his is gone adds hope that we have gotten better at the QB position.......fingers crossed...

I am a big fan of Shaw's but I have to agree with your analysis here Mud. I know I tend to do this as a Browns fan. In reality there was a reason Shaw went undrafted and probably one of the biggest reasons was his lack of arm strength. He is a likeable hardworking smart player and if only arm strength could be increased with exercise but everything I have read it is something you pretty much just have it or you don't.

I like QBs that win. Here is the W-L record of the QBs we have on our roster:

Griffin: 14-21

McCown: 19-39

Davis: 3-7

Right now, I don't like any of them. When one starts winning, then I will start liking them.

Archie Manning was a pretty good QB......but he couldn't win. He didn't play on a team that could win games...and he couldn't get off of the team. (then people wonder why he was such an ass about Eli finding a good landing spot - be it right or wrong)

Last year we lost a lot of games...but it wasn't the QB position that was a problem. Heck, we had McCown setting passing records in the early part of the season.

There's no question that we have a concern for the future of the QB position. And that concern was addressed this past offseason. We don't yet know the outcome of the team's attempt(s) to solidify the position...but we do know that a couple of guys were brought in and a couple of guys are gonna have to go. Shaw is one and we're still waiting for the other shoe to fall.

Shaw is a Chicago Bear for now.

Archie Manning was a pretty good QB......but he couldn't win. He didn't play on a team that could win games...and he couldn't get off of the team. (then people wonder why he was such an ass about Eli finding a good landing spot - be it right or wrong)

Last year we lost a lot of games...but it wasn't the QB position that was a problem. Heck, we had McCown setting passing records in the early part of the season.

There's no question that we have a concern for the future of the QB position. And that concern was addressed this past offseason. We don't yet know the outcome of the team's attempt(s) to solidify the position...but we do know that a couple of guys were brought in and a couple of guys are gonna have to go. Shaw is one and we're still waiting for the other shoe to fall.

Shaw is a Chicago Bear for now.

I know...it isn't all on the QB.

But I still like the ones that win better.

Hadn't Shaw's PS eligibility expired? When Kessler was picked the writing was on the wall.

Still feels to me like RG3 - Davis - Kessler after McCown is dealt in pre-season.

Only post on holidays now?

Archived