THE BROWNS BOARD

Swartz Was A Great Pick. Rt !

calfoxwc

Surely there will be wailing that Swartz was nabbed. The plain truth is, that the Browns couldn't wait any longer.

I'd love for the Browns to nab Massie, and put him in as a backup OG,ORT. But Swartz is going to be as much a RT

as we could hope for. He's SMART, athletic, tough, and can handle pass protection excellently, and

kick ass in the run game. This pick was brilliant, as well as Richardson was. I'm happy to get another real qb

in there with the rest of the high character team players. That leaves Seneca "pouty face" Wallace to be let go.

Come on, let's all be delighted that this glaring problem is now fixed immediately. The RT poasition has ruined

many ops the Browns offense ever had.

I really want, at least for a while, to see McCoy start and see the difference in his play.

Assuming there would be a big difference.

It would be stupiid to trade McCoy. Colt says he wants to stay with the Browns and compete with Weeden.

May the best immediate success qb win.

Go for it. Nobody wants Seneca Wallace to stay.

John Hughes? Instead of a WR? Or LB? Well, they know what they are doing. But I don't know about Hughes in the third.

Mitchell Schwartz - T - Browns Browns selected California RT Mitchell Schwartz with the No. 37 overall pick in the 2012 draft.

The only lineman at the Senior Bowl capable of containing Quinton Coples, Schwartz flew well under the radar in this year's tackle class. At 6-foot-5, 317, Schwartz is well built to play right tackle in the pros after starting 51 career games at Cal, 35 on the left side and 16 on the right. He scored a 35 on his Wonderlic test last spring and should be a Week 1 starter in Cleveland.

I'm OK with Schwartz until I remember we passed on Riley Reiff.

I'm convinced we had a plan to draft Wright (WR) and then move back up to pick Weeden with a 3rd 1st Rnd pick.

With Wright gone substitute Reiff in the above and there you go...

That would have been fine with Reiff, unless the Browns lost Weeden before their pick in the second round, which could easily have happened.

Then Browns would have been left with a second tier qb.

Swartz is no second tier RT.

And, we don't know. Maybe Reiff doesn't want to play RT. Or, never did. We don't know. But even with Colt still as qb, the Browns

offense has already changed to productive buttkickin. Somehow, I think the Browns will add a new WR to their roster.

I'm OK with Schwartz until I remember we passed on Riley Reiff.

I'm convinced we had a plan to draft Wright (WR) and then move back up to pick Weeden with a 3rd 1st Rnd pick.

I think the problem with Reiff was that they didn't bring him in for visits because they never though he would be there. He was simply a guy they didn't do enough homework on to feel comfortable with picking. On top of that he is another one of those guys who would have to transition from LT to RT. As I said before they brought in Glenn and Martin with Schwartz, so if they picked Schwartz over those other two then they obviously felt that he was a better option.

FYI Weeden was 13th overall on Heckerts big board which tells me that they had him rated higher than Reiff anyway.

That would have been fine with Reiff, unless the Browns lost Weeden before their pick in the second round, which could easily have happened.

And, we don't know. Maybe Reiff doesn't want to play RT. Or, never did. We don't know. But even with Colt still as qb, the Browns

offense has already changed to productive buttkickin. Somehow, I think the Browns will add a new WR to their roster.

Productive butt kicking. OMG. Same shit was said last year. I love how guys on here can be so optimistic about a team with a putrid offense and think rookies will suddenly make them great.

Just try and remember we're not the only team drafting. There's other teams that already have so many better players than us that are adding more talent too.

While I'm optimistic about the new offensive, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. Hopefully this season the delusional optimists don't start bashing the others. Last offseason it was comical the talk about how good we were gonna be and this year is gonna be different. Im still taking the approach of show me something before I buy all into this is a new year bullshit. Especially with our idiot head coach...

Joe Thomas being so damn good and solid and dependable allowed us to go for the guy that you know can lock down the right tackle spot as opposed to one of the left tackles with higher ceilings that you would have to convert.

I bet Heckert has had a hard-on for Scwartz for months. Big strong, smart Cal guy that will bookend Thomas perfectly. With Mack at center and the two young guards, our offensive line has the potential to be a source of strength for years.

We nailed three big-time offensive starters for the future this week. Big-time stuff.

And for the guy who is about to post "oh yeah, well who are going to throw to", just save your post.

We're going to throw to your mom. Over and over.

Zombo

--Where did the Giants find Victor Cruz again? Shit happens, just relax, we'll find people to catch Weeden's missiles.

Joe Thomas being so damn good and solid and dependable allowed to go for the guy that you know can lock down the right tackle spot as opposed to one of the left tackles with higher ceilings that you would have to convert.

I bet Heckert has had a hard-on for Scwartz for months. Big strong, smart Cal guy that will bookend Thomas perfectly. With Mack at center and the two young guards, our offensive line has the potential to be a source of strength for years.

We nailed three big-time offensive starters for the future this week. Big-time stuff.

And for the guy who is about to post "oh yeah, well who are going to throw to", just save your post.

We're going to throw to your mom. Over and over.

Zombo

--Where did the Giants find Victor Cruz again? Shit happens, just relax, we'll find people to catch Weeden's missiles.

And she's in double coverage... a lot.

Reinserted key parts from my original post in hopes you'd read them this time...

Never said Schwartz was 2nd tier. I clearly implied Rieff is better. And now I'll say it... Rieff is better... and not by a little.

As for not wanting to play RT... That's this board's biggest rationale reach of the draft.

If you're going to tote water for a guy. at least learn how to spell his name...

I think the problem with Reiff was that they didn't bring him in for visits because they never though he would be there. He was simply a guy they didn't do enough homework on to feel comfortable with picking. On top of that he is another one of those guys who would have to transition from LT to RT. As I said before they brought in Glenn and Martin with Schwartz, so if they picked Schwartz over those other two then they obviously felt that he was a better option.

FYI Weeden was 13th overall on Heckerts big board which tells me that they had him rated higher than Reiff anyway.

So we pass on a 1st ROUND PLAYER because we didn't do our homework? God, I hope that's not our excuse...

And where is this "Weeden was 13" coming from? I google it and come up with one tweet from one writer... That's it?

Never said Schwartz was 2nd tier. I clearly implied Rieff is better. And now I'll say it... Rieff is better... and not by a little.

Maybe. The reports i have read have Schwartz the most pro ready run blocker in the draft.

With the addition of TR, don't you think that is important and maybe was the deciding factor??

I do.

Reinserted key parts from my original post in hopes you'd read them this time...

As for not wanting to play RT... That's this board's biggest rationale reach of the draft.

If you're going to tote water for a guy. at least learn how to spell his name...

So we pass on a 1st ROUND PLAYER because we didn't do our homework? God, I hope that's not our excuse...

And where is this "Weeden was 13" coming from? I google it and come up with one tweet from one writer... That's it?

It doesn't make sense for a team to bring in and evaluate players they don't think they will have a shot at. Several top OL they didn't bring in because they were expected to not be available and they instead brought in more 2nd round guys. You study 3 guys and then one who is projected by the ESPN "experts" to be slightly higher falls to you do you forget about the players you are more comfortable with or take the guy you watched the standard amount of film on.

And ya that tweet was a qoute from Heckert so kind of credible. 13th overall on his big board.

Archived